• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The dating game.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Without using the phrase "socially awkward", describe to me your dating life. Is there someone you have your eye on? Do you get many dates or none at all?

Years
There's a cute girl who I've noticed since first year, but she's mostly eye-candy - I know her name but never really talked to her. The few times way back when she asked me a question <3<3<3<3 hehehe She's always with her friends, so that's kind of intimidating. She probably noticed me noticing her so uhh... :3

That's basically it for my dating death life.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I swear, I don't know what's wrong with me: I never feel "uncomfortable" in public, am not shy, I have no problem public speaking, etc...so why does seeing a girl I like make me turn to jelly, man? I triple-guess everything I say or do in her presence when usually I'm pretty composed, it's ridiculous. I'd like to think I act rationally, but I've never behaved as irrationally as I have in front of a crush...why :(

Also, according to others, I suck at social cues and have apparently been oblivious in the face of girls who've expressed interest using those cues. I wish it were more socially acceptable for girls to just say it outright instead of dropping these "hints" we're supposed to get. People write it off as "hurr guys are just too dumb to see it" but I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it...sometimes the gestures are just really vague.

Ranx

Baadshah :P
Years
Hmm I had 3 girlfriends in total till now ... my last ex was ..
for 1 month den we broke up :p ( she was pretty irritating )
Hmm right now .. I love a girl but she already got a boyfriend .. and she knows I love her but still talks to me :p
anyways ..
I was pretty hearr broken when she said I cant love you I already love someone else ..

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
What LoudSilence said is definitely true if you ask me.
As for myself, I've been in love with this one girl for quite a long time now. We talk from time to time (but definitely not enough to call us close friends or anything). She's cute, smart, hilarious,.. Anything I'm looking for in a girl really. But I don't think she has a clue about my feelings, and I honestly don't think she could ever be interested in someone like me, so I just keep those emotions to myself and cry myself to sleep at night.

(Nah, jk. But it does hurt)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I've had one real girlfriend that I could see anytime but lasted 3 days.... that was 5-6 yrs ago and sinc then I haven't had a real girlfriend..... I think I'm like loud silence in the fact I don't get social cues but I don't think there is anyone interested in me... and you banned what most of my life is >x<

Honest

Hi!
Years
I never really did the whole dating game back in high.i wasn't really shy. But I guess when it came to women, things differed. That being said,my buddies keep telling me that I've done on "unofficial" dates. Cause apparently, anytime you're with a girl alone,it implies dating. Things just changed the older I got. When my current girlfriend came into my life, I just transformed o.o Wasn't shy one bit (I think the simple fact that the first thing I did was kiss her proves that haha [she was into me]). I've always been a bit of a flirt, but never really went beyond that till recently.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm not much of a dating person, really. I used to date a couple guys when I was living in San Diego and that was because my friends keep saying "YO MEGAN THAT GUY OVER THERE HAS HIS EYE ON YOU SINCE YOU STEPPED IN" and well, I took the shot by accepting his offer to take me out for a burger or a movie. All of those dates I've been in, ended up in us being friends in the long run, because I didn't want to move so quickly. I want to get to know the guy and have a chance to be friends with the guy before I jump into a relationship.

In my current school, I kept my eye on cute guys, but they're either younger or have a weird personality. I'm just too picky. My next door neighbor goes to the same school as I do, but I'm too shy to at least talk to him. xD Gonna take a long while for me to get off the dating market I guess.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
Nonexistent. I've never gone on a date. I could have gone on plenty, but I never wanted to. It's just a waste of time and money to me.

Last edited:

Pinta77

I agree dating is a waste of time money patience and sanity. But... im currently dating someone. I love her and shes nice and everything. But God forbid something happened between us, never again!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I barely have a social life, let alone any dating life. It's just hard to initiate for me, and well, that's pretty much the whole game.

As for having my eye on someone, I honestly can't remember a time when I didn't. But I'm kinda in a weird place now, college was supposed to be a new start and hopefully with so many people, I could take more chances and have any effects of potential rejection melt away after a semester. But I'm still stuck on the girl I've liked for 4 years now, even though she's at a different school.

Overall, I have no game, don't really forsee myself dating all that much in the near future.

TY

Im the worst when it gets to this, yet i get into a relationship twice O_o

The first one is kinda weird though and till the day of today i still havent got a idea why it went down all of a sudden, but im really happy with my current girlfriend.

I literally have no idea why people like me xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Whenever I find a girl I'm interested in, whether it's online or irl, I try to be a nice a guy and have a conversation with her in order to get to know her. If she suddenly contains bad traits I don't like, I just move on and make her just another acquaintance. So yeah, I never had any actual dates before, and I'm not sure if my short-lived relationship with my former online gf counts as one. Currently I have my eye on someone else online, because I really love her personality, and we somehow share similar situations regarding life, although she's not aware of my feelings for her yet.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
I was in one relationship in real life. Lasted 3 weeks before she dumped me.

I was in an online relationship last month. It was amazing, but it ended for reasons that I don't really want to explain. It still makes me sad...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Not exactly the worst thing in my life, but certainly the most depressing. Never had anything steady, just a couple of months here and there, and lately its just a couple of weeks of fun. I really want that something special, even if I'm only 20. Its something I feel is needed in everyone's life at least 2-3 times before you get married.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
My dating life died like two years ago so idek anymore.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
okay well my dating life really has not been good. I haven't even had sex yet, but tbh it's for kind of a good reason... I'm really ****ing quiet when it comes to girls. Even learning techniques to better myself socially and become more confident hasn't helped, as girls still find reasons to not like me. I mean, it is fair enough; the only girl I've ever had any sort of thing with sexually IRL came out as a lesbian. After one date. Sooo yeah, I win in terms of dating fails.

There's someone I've got my eye on now, but I can't say anything because whatever positivity I say here I will jinx it and **** everything up :P

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

As my dating life or lack there of should I say! I guess the most I can comment on is the lack of motivation I have to do so? I'm not really confident when around people who I am attracted to and I tend to mumble, say silly things, and just make an ass of myself in general haha. This has led me to not really focus on dating and tbh not even think about it much anymore. I am sure that I will try to get back into it soon enough but as for now it just doesn't exist!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My dating life is non-existent. I haven't dated anyone in my life. I've had friends who I was close to asking out and being in a relationship with, but I never got that chance. I'm fine with that though. I'm not really into anyone now and just not interested in a relationship at all. My last crush was like 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe in a few years but for now, I'm perfectly okay with staying single.

Back