• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EASY GYM LEADER SCRIPTING

Did this Help You???

• Total voters

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
i was wondering: how do you change the names of the badges so that they are recognized by that name throughout the game?

You can either change every instance of the badge name in the scripts (no menus or anything use the badges, just the gym leaders themselves, mainly) or if your new badge name has the exact same number of letters as the old, you can use a hex editor's find/replace function to instantly swap out the names.

.Paradox

Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
This is a good tutorial and I know it's kinda old, but your script skeleton is a little flawed. Well for one thing at line 23 it should be closeonkeypress not closeonpresskey, and it says "if 0x1 goto@end" but there is no @end, it's @done. Also, It has the msgbox @005 part, but the actual message is @5. All of these lead to an unknown keyword or a missing dynamic label. It's a great tutorial, I mean, it's good scripting. But there's some typos.

You should fix it.

SkyStorm365

Just started hacking
Years
Aces man. Great TuT. Pokemon Royal Red(my hack,still in pre-production) is nearing the production stage.(laptop died which stalled work). Once again great tut man.

thia12

Eternity Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
I love you, but...

Do you know how to make an script for Elite 4, like so that you need all the badges to enter the building?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
its a good tutorial and all, but i get Error 13 type mismatch on line 25, the give item bit.

should the quantaty in hex for tms be 1? '0x1'?

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
I copied and changed the example script to the trainer I wanted in PET and what I wanted him to say. After I beat him i get a YES/NO box which decides if i get the badge or not. It does not tell me i got the badge (but i did). He also says nothing after the battle when i talk to him again. (this happens to all the trainers i put into the game)

On a side note the leader only has one of the two pokemon i gave him. His ID in PET only had one originally, but i changed it to two. was i supposed to do something else?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
This is extremely basic and fundamentally flawed. As .Paradox explained, there are some typos, but no real gym leader behaves this basically in-game. There are a complex set of scripts that would be involved. Also, your flags for badges only apply to FRLG and not R/S/E.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
HEY I NEED HELP ON HERE IT TELLS ME I NEED ADVANCED TRAINER TO FINE HEX OF MY GYM LEADER IT WONT TELL ME (I DONT GET WHAT IT IS REALLY)

MrFantasy

Mysterious Trainer
Years
Not to sound like an ultra noob but I can't even find Advanced Trainer anywhere on this site or any other and it's really getting on my nerves ><

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Not to sound like an ultra noob but I can't even find Advanced Trainer anywhere on this site or any other and it's really getting on my nerves ><

This thread looks an absolute mess, but go here, scroll down to the spoiler and you'll find HackMew's tools - A-Trainer included.

The_Show

Banned
Years
This was wonderful. I do have a question. The 0x1 offset for trainnerbattle makes it an official battle, music and all. But how would you go about making the gym battle a double battle? I'm quite positive 0x4 would be the right offset, but the "gym leader theme" doesn't play, only a normal trainer battle theme does.

How could I make a gym leader double battle?

Donut

Spriter
Years
How do I edit what the gym badges look like. Is there a program that lets me import and export the badge sprites?

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Thanks! This will help me a lot!

Years
I was wondering, is there a way to change what hm each badge unlocks in fire red. Like if I wanted to have the first gym unlock nothing instead of flash and the second gym unlock rock smash instead of cut. I know I could just use the badge code that unlocks the tm I want, but I want to know first.

Back