• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
It can be male too. I do this for IV breeding at times. I love Gen V Masuda, I heard in Gen IV it was a lot worse. But my next hunt is shiny Axew.

I didn't know it worked with males too. I thought I read somewhere that it didn't. If that's the case, then I don't have to get females of Pokémon with specific natures that I plan on breeding later on.

I will have a lot of time to hatch Litwicks today.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I GOT SHINY LITWICK!!!! :cer_boogie:

Spoiler:

So I woke up this morning (actually afternoon, "lol"), and I started encountering Litwick while reading through forums I've posted in. Since I was reading online, I wasn't using the stylus to run from each battle, and I was using the D-pad to scroll down to run and press A, rather than my normal method of using the stylus to run immediately. And I'm really glad I was!!! I had already scrolled down to run and was ready to press A when I looked down, and SHINY LITWICK!!!! Haha, if it were 10 minutes later I would've already ran.

They really look much better than in the pictures. I noticed this with Treecko, too - online, the sprites don't look much different, but it's a striking contrast when you see it! *shiny sense activated*

She shone on encounter 610, which is by far my shortest hunt to date! I really wasn't expecting a shiny for another few months, "lol." That's 2 shinies in 6810 encounters - I love Unova!!

Fufu, I'm catching up! I only need 55 more shinies to pass you now, so watch out! :cer_giggle:

I've completed the first leg of the circuit! Only 4 more to go!

I prefer Timid (+Spe, -Atk), but Modest is good too.

Thanks! I was planning on Synching, but I started hunting as soon as I got up and completely forgot about it, "lol." She has a Hasty nature (+Spe, -Def, which is pretty close to what you suggested, so I'm happy. Also, a lot of physical moves are Normal or Fighting, so I'm not worried about the drop in Defense.

You'll get one soon, and you know, there's also coffee for long hunting nights (just kidding).

Haha, thanks. I didn't really believe you when you said that (since I just got one!), but you were right! :pink_laugh:

For your shiny, I'll guess...Mightyena? *looks at your sig*

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking about starting with the easier ones, like,say, the starters?

Yeah, the starters are a good group to hunt Masuda. Magikarp and Croagunk also hatch extremely quickly, and I think those two would be a little easier than the starters, but not by much. The baby Pokemon hatch pretty quickly too, but I can't find the exact list of egg steps right now. :/

Wish me luck

Good luck!

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Congratz G-Money! :D I am still in my Axew hatching's for a shiny. I was going to do Growlithe but I was just like eh I kinda want to do a Gen V poke. :)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
AHH, see G-Money, your long drought was rewarded with two shinies appearing so quickly, one after the other! Congrats on the Litwick, it's a very pretty shiny.

As for me, I'm up to 1,370 Charmander hatched. It's not much more than I had before though, ahaha.

@TheGr8: Good luck on your hunt, I hope you see the sparkles break through the shell soon! (Weird phrase, though I kinda like it lol)

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
Due to some complex breeding requests and a trip to Disneyland, I havent been able to Masuda forr my Lapras and I REALLY want it. I did tell my hubby I would take it easy with the MMing since I broke the d-pad on my ds during my Cottonee hatchings and I am using his ds now...but...I want my shiny Lapras.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats, G-Money! Hasty is pretty good for being random. At least it wasn't anything that lowered it's Sp. Atk or Speed. What will your next hunt be?

I'm not gonna stop hatching Litwick eggs until I get a shiny of my own. So far I've hatched 422 eggs. Two randomly had two perfect IVs, one in HP and Attack, and one in HP and Defense. The second one was Timid and had Flash Fire, which is what I want.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Woah, it has been quite a while since I was last around! RL has been pretty busy lately so I haven't really been shiny hunting in a while. =/ But, I wanted to congratulate everyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post. awesome job, guys! Awesome new Litwick, G-Money! ^_^

Good luck to anyone hunting right now, hopefully you get some shinies soon! I'm currently not hunting a thing since I've been so busy I haven't had time to really sit down and do it. Here's hoping this weekend I'll get a chance to finally play Black some and hunt again. *crosses fingers*

G-Money

Years
Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

Welcome back, Raichu! I hope everything's okay and you'll be able to shiny hunt again soon.

What will your next hunt be?

*drumroll*

MANAPHY!!

Yup, I'm going after the rarest shiny of them all. I've done three so far! Each one takes a really long time, "lol." I'm content with getting two shinies this week, so this is a good time to start a hunt that's probably going to last years. :cer_laugh:

SoulSilver takes a really long time before you can start trading, so I'm just going to use Platinum, and after each SR trade the egg back to Diamond. I'm not 100% sure that the programmers didn't unshine Manaphy for Platinum, but I've been told by some people who are absolutely convinced that they didn't, so it's worth a try. Getting a shiny Manaphy would be awesome. Also, each HR counts as an HR for a Sinnoh starter (and a Starly/Bidoof/Kricketot), so it's kind of like inherent dual hunting. I was hunting the starters anyways, so it's quite possible that I'll get one HRing for Manaphy.

I also started my Palkia hunt today and found out that Palkia has absolutely awesome walk-up music. I dual hunted it with the Johto starters today, and I got up to 250 Palkia. Three Johto starters take less time than each Palkia, so I got in least 750 Johto starters as well.

On a less related note, I found it pretty cool that during the cutscene with Cyrus (before you battle Palkia), the Valley Windworks are shown, and Drifloon is there! "lol" I just happened to reach that point on a Friday. The Drifloon is purple, kind of like the last several hundred thousand I've seen on Diamond...

Good luck to everyone on your hunts! I finally have some luck to give, so it's worth something now, "lol." Take it while it's available! :pink_wink:

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Recently I've took a break from shiny hunting and raised some of my pokemon... but I'm getting back on it tomorrow :) (I'm choosing one of the 4 shinies I mentioned some time ago). And GL on your Manaphy hunt G-Money ;)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
AHH, see G-Money, your long drought was rewarded with two shinies appearing so quickly, one after the other! Congrats on the Litwick, it's a very pretty shiny.

As for me, I'm up to 1,370 Charmander hatched. It's not much more than I had before though, ahaha.

@TheGr8: Good luck on your hunt, I hope you see the sparkles break through the shell soon! (Weird phrase, though I kinda like it lol)

Thanks Remorse :) I have been hatching Axew eggs and SRing for a Shiny Snivy in my White Version. So I doing double tasks for shinies before I get back to IV breeding lol

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I've completely updated the first posts with information.

Congrats to G-Money and ShinyDoug on completely the Unique leg of the circuit. And congrats to Chr. Draco for completing the monthly challenge!

I haven't been updating lately, I have finals next week. After next week, I will have graduated and be on summer vacation! So I will post more and hunt more!

Right now, I am continuing my old hunt for a Johto starter. I reset both SS and HG to get one. I have 600 SRs (1800 starters)

Wish me luck, and good luck to you all!

I am a guy on both accounts, name is Judas on both. My HG ID is 25699 and my SS ID is 63655

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Shiny hunting hiatus.....

For now.

I'm still debating if I want shiny Moltres to go with the other birds I might get in the future, 1. It looks like a plucked chicken. 2. It has a good color scheme.
Opinions?

Hunts

Current:

630s.gif
- Repel trick
638s.gif
- SR

Future:

566s.gif
- Masuda Method
144s.gif
- SR
145s.gif
- SR

Years
Hey guys! At the moment I'm still hunting on Chimchar and today I restarted Fire Red and my plan is to do a Shiny Quest in FR too. I hope Chimchar will appear really fast, because that would be my most favorite shiny ever! It's taking so long! Congrats to everyone how got a shiny and good luck. =3

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Hey, can somebody give me a description of how they hunt shinies, ie, what method and how it works? I need to know what a method does. I already know what is masuda method,
but I need to know about SRs and Repel tricks etc.

G-Money

Years
Thanks for all the encouragement (and discouragement!) for the Manaphy hunt. It especially means a lot coming from your husband, PinkPirate, since he's the only person in the known universe to have a shiny Manaphy! That kind of inspired me, knowing that it is possible.

I haven't timed myself yet, but it's probably more than half an hour per reset. I'm still at three because I moved back to Drifloon on Diamond, so I'll take it easy with the hunting. Maybe only on Thursdays and Fridays?

I have finals next week. After next week, I will have graduated and be on summer vacation! So I will post more and hunt more!

Good luck! That's awful that your school makes seniors take finals. I'm sure the summer will bring you more shinies - it's already brought me two!

I'm still debating if I want shiny Moltres to go with the other birds I might get in the future, 1. It looks like a plucked chicken. 2. It has a good color scheme.
Opinions?

The way I view it, you're eventually going to get all shinies anyways, so why not go for it when you can? Since you're already going for the other two, you have even more reason to hunt Moltres because you can say you've completed a trio.

I'm working on finishing up the Creation Trio right now, so I'll be able to take the title of...Shiny Creationist? :pink_laugh: 666 Palkia (who doesn't evolve, by the way) :P

Hey guys! At the moment I'm still hunting on Chimchar and today I restarted Fire Red and my plan is to do a Shiny Quest in FR too. I hope Chimchar will appear really fast, because that would be my most favorite shiny ever! It's taking so long! Congrats to everyone how got a shiny and good luck. =3

Good luck on your Chimchar hunt. It must be really exciting to hunt your favorite shiny! You'll have a true prize when you emerge victorious from the hunt! Shiny Quests are really fun, too. I'm doing 5 right now, and they're a blast!

I also want to give you a huge congratulations for using a club banner! Great way to show club pride. :)

A reminder to everyone: The Artwork Contest is still open. Any member is free to submit banners to be used by the club. Banners submitted will be included in the first post and free for anyone in the club to use in their signature. If you decide to put a club banner in your sig, you don't have to give credit unless the artist specifically asks for it, but you do have to make the banner a link to this thread. All credit will be included in the first post, and if the artist asks for credit, it will be noted that credit is required.

Other types of art are also permitted for the Artwork Contest. There is currently no deadline.

Hey, can somebody give me a description of how they hunt shinies, ie, what method and how it works? I need to know what a method does. I already know what is masuda method,
but I need to know about SRs and Repel tricks etc.

SR: Save in front of an interactable overworld Pokemon. Encounter the Pokemon; if it's not shiny, press A + B + Start + Select (3rd generation) or Start + Select + L + R (4th and 5th generations). Repeat until desired shiny is summoned. Capture shiny and immediately trade it to G-Money.

Encountering: Just run around in grass. If the Pokemon isn't shiny, faint it or run. I suppose you could catch it, but you'd run out of boxes, "lol."

I really wouldn't recommend the Repel Trick, since it goes against the spirit of Axiom 22. It essentially limits you to encountering only Pokemon above a certain level. Here's how it works: on each route, wild Pokemon appear. Sometimes, certain Pokemon appear at higher levels than others. If 5 Pokemon appear on that route but you only want the shiny of the highest-leveled one, find out the highest level at which that Pokemon appears (or the lowest level at which no other Pokemon appears on that particular route). Get a Pokemon of that level and put it first in your party. Use Repel, and the only Pokemon that will appear are the ones whose level in the wild is greater than or equal to the level of the lead Pokemon in your party. That way, you'll never see the 4 Pokemon of whom you don't want shinies.

I don't think it's worth it, but if you already have a shiny of the lower-leveled Pokemon or if you only care about the shiny form of the highest-leveled Pokemon on that route, it might be a good option.

By the way, I found the first known application of Axiom 22!! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1983369#post1983369

EDIT: I'm going to see if I can get HeartGold this week. That way, I don't have to waste my limited time in Sapphire SRing for Latias, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, and I can actually play SS without having to wait months or years for the starters.

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Good luck on your Chimchar hunt. It must be really exciting to hunt your favorite shiny! You'll have a true prize when you emerge victorious from the hunt! Shiny Quests are really fun, too. I'm doing 5 right now, and they're a blast!

I agree it is. That's why I went for Elekid for my first Shiny in Masusa Method. I am taking a break from hunting Axew's simply because it's coming closer to tournaments this summer so I need to IV breed my Gen V guys and once that is completed I will be hunting again :) Good luck on your Manaphy hunt G-Money, and everyone else hunting!

Back