• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which'll you choose?

Which one will you choose?!

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Now we know what the protagonists look like, which one will you choose? What will you name yourself in-game? AND WHY?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
The female protagonist is a definite! In Black and White I decided to switch things up a bit and name myself something different other than my real name, but I decided I didn't like that. So this time for sure, I'm just going to go ahead and give the protagonist my name. :B

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Male protagonist because I'm a guy and I can't choose the rival. :[
I'll name him Dominic because that's what I name all of my files. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Picking the male, calling him either Ventus or Matsuri, and picking Oshawott as my starter since I already went with Tepig once and Snivy's took weak for me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Male cause I always start with the male. His name be Xander as I usually do.

When I get a second copy I'll make the Girl and name her Usagi.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Female, for sure. This guy looks less generic than BW!hero but that hair, lmao. No thanks. The girl is so cute though. I love her.

Name will probably be Erica, as usual. But maybe I'll go ahead and name myself something different. Chances are I'll just decide when I'm on the name select screen.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I'll choose the girl this time around since I've chosen the guy so many times even in Platinum when I should of chosen the girl. I'll probably name her Eiko or Porom since the female protagonist seems to remind me of those two and because they are some of my favourite female characters from Final Fantasy.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The girl has the better design, again, but as I'm a guy, I'm choosing the male protagonist. Naming it after myself, as usual.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Answering my own thread! For me, I'm going with the girl and "Forever", to parallel what I did in Black and White. :) Plus she's so awesome looking!

Years
I will pick the girl as I am a girl in reality and I love the female PC designs better than the males.

As for the name, I might name her Nichole (my real name) again or do her official name (if it is revealed).

Last edited:
Years
I want to say the girl, but I'm probably going to pick the guy at the last second >_>

As for the name, I'll go with either RedJ or Tetsuya, as I usually do. Unless I DO pick the female, in which case, I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Both of the hairstyles are pretty...ridiculous, but I'll go for the guy, of course. He's still got that charm that Hilbert had. <3

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I shall be a manly-man-boy-child. I'd feel weird playing as a girl, so, ummm.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
I plan on getting at least both B2 and W2 and on the original Black, I played as a boy, and named him after me (Bryant) and on the original White, I played as a girl and named her after my friend (Ashley). I plan to alternate it this time and B2 be a girl, who I am not sure and W2 as a boy and if I don't name it after my friend (Josh), then either after me (Bryant or Bry Guy) or someone that's a guy.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Female, as per usual. I'll only think of a name at the time the text menu comes up, since I don't use a specific one across all Pokemon games.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I always go with the gender I am so Male. Even though I find the males hair style to be a bit silly looking. If I could I'd much rather be the rival though.

Back