• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Yellow: ^^;; Sorry.

@Wolf:
okay.jpg
It's okay if Kiyoko didn't take notice of Kilik. He was quiet anyway. xD I'm joking about the pic, Lol!

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
@Jasonwolf: It's a conspiracy to bring attention to audino abuse :U In other news, Pokemon BW2 is awesome. So far I've become a movie star and become the owner of a mall. How am I ever going to evolve my Pignite if they keep throwing interesting mini-games at me?? Regardless, my playthrough of this game may influence a few things. Namely, a teacher or two might get added.

Hey no spoilers!!! I don't have money for the game.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Name: Steven Yew

Nickname: Yew

Sex: Male

Job: Pokemon Mythology

Appearance:
picture.php

Personality: Calm and collected, Yew is what most would call an ideal teacher. However, once you get to knowing him, Yew is spontaneous, and acts a bit younger than he is. Yew is strict when it comes to punishment, but is reasonably lenient with his class otherwise. He loves engaging his students with fun activities and many field trips. Yew is occasionally outspoken when it comes to personal issues, and belives that friendship is the strongest force in existense.

History: Yew grew up on on one of the Orange Islands. He went to a school there, and one of his teachers greatly inspired him to become one himself. When he graduated, he was given a Kirlia, which he raised with much affection. Naming her Tetra, they went on a region-spanning adventure, on which they aquired Scizice. Finished in the Orange Islands, Yew went to the newly discovered Sinnoh region, becoming a champion. In Sinnoh, he met Luxray and Char. Char soon evolved, and Yew decided to travel to Hoenn. Traveling through the region, he met many trainers, and made many friends. While he was there, he found an interesting myth about the continental pokemon. One thing led to another, and he was soon involved with the study of all three of the legendaries. Soon after, he returned home and gave up his position as champion, and began studying Pokemon myths in immense detail. Many years later, Yew was still looking into these myths, especially those about the three Hoenn legendaries. He made many discoveries, and is an 'expert' in the field of study. He had just returned from a field study when he was requested to teach a history course at the school that he had long since graduated from. Accepting the job, Yew soon became a favorite to both students and coworkers. He taught for another two years, before getting a letter from an old friend that he had met at the Sinnoh Elite Four. Gary asked him to come teach at his new academy. Yew packed, and was on the first boat that would go to the island for a reasonable price.

Pokémon:

1)
picture.php

Species:Gardevoir
Nickname: Tetra
Personality: Tetra is hardworking, and will do almost anything for Yew. She is funny, and will crack many jokes. She is overly serious when Yew or herself are in danger, and will take matters into her own hands, even if Yew has a better plan. She makes a habit of rarely trusting anyone with anything important.
Lvl: 50
Moveset: Psychic; Hypnosis; Dream Eater; Psyshock; Light Screen; Recover

2)
picture.php

Species: Scizor
Nickname: Ice
Personality: Ice is haughty, and thinks of himself as the strongest Pokemon on Yew's team. While this isn't true, Ice still tries to prove it at every opportunity. He is aggressive towards anyone that aproaches Yew while he is out of his Pokeball, but can be calmed quickly.
Lvl: 47
Moveset: X-Scissor; Agility; Fury Cutter; Guillotine; Seismic Toss; Bug Bite

3)
picture.php

Species: Luxray
Personality: Luxray is quiet, and loves to run. He thinks of battles as games, and will try to be playful with the opponent between commands. Luxray is trusting of others, and is an attention hog.
Lvl: 45
Moveset: Thunder; Thunder Fang; Glare; Swagger; Hone Claws; Night Slash

4)
picture.php

Species: Monferno
Nickname: Char
Personality: Char is the other wisecrack of the team. He will play many pranks, and gets away with most of them. He loves riddles, and will have many competitions with the rest of the team. he is very strategic, placing his hits in the most effective positions.
Lvl: 45
Moveset: Mach Punch; Fire Blast; Blaze Kick; Double Kick; Slash; Agility

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@IceFyr: Alright. Your app looks good so far. Could we have a good 70 words more of history though? It's a tad short as it stands currently. That's about it though!

Dawn

Years
@IceFyr: In a month or two, when the next day finally comes. :U

Or rather, that's when you get (See: are asked to teach) a class. You can CHOOSE to teach students any time you please, simply by having your teacher character approach a student and start...well...spreading knowledge! As a teacher at the academy, you have a lot of freedom as to how you teach. So you can literally have your teacher just start lecturing a student in the hallway, or challenge a student to a battle in order to teach them that way.

But yeah. Structured traditional classes only occur once per day, and the day only started relatively recently, and days tend to move very slowly here. So. That ain't happening for a while and I'd have to heavily advise you don't wait for it. |D

Regardless. There is a list of accepted characters on the front page that is reasonably updated. I'd advise checking out a character you might like to interact with, sending their RPer a VM, figuring out where that character is, and then deciding whether to throw your teacher at them. c:

@ImEvil: Well, the issue is that pokemon joining their trainers voluntarily has become a cliche that I've been forced to crack down on due to overuse by putting the bar higher for getting away with it. A trainer battles wild pokemon to catch them because they want that trainer to prove they're worthy through a test of skill. Kindness is not a skill. So if you want to have it just up and join him instead of being given to him or catching it in a normal fashion then you're going to need to explain this whole abuse thing well enough that I can say you've earned the ability to get away with it.

Honestly, I'd recommend simply rewriting that part of your SU a bit so you don't have to deal with this. There's only one other cliche I'm currently cracking down on and that's non-psychic pokemon with telepathy/pokemon who verbally speak English.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Ice: Hmm... it looks a bit nicer in some areas, but the icy plains and swamplands are simply confusing looking even for someone who knows where they're supposed to be. It's also difficult to distinguish the swamplands from the forests or the dead forest from the forests. They blend together.

That's why mine has a legend and is nice and bright. The map needs to be functional before it's pretty. =( I'm flattered that you decided to surprise us with this though. |D

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

I'm sorry, but I just have to keep this one.​

Anyways, Marin, Question for you, relating to this RP, but you gotta get on Facebook chat .__.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Alright alright enough with the Memes. As fun as they are, I don't want a Mod to come in and clean everything up. Its happened before.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Alright, I said I'd do it and I have finally finished!

Yes, This was that "little something" I've been hand-crafting specially for PTA!
Go on, take a look!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Wolf: It looks nice... My only angst is that the icons to the right aren't very clear in many circumstances. I might be able to fix it...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Wolf: It looks nice... My only angst is that the icons to the right aren't very clear in many circumstances. I might be able to fix it...

That got some positive feedback, wow. Honestly wasn't expecting quite a reaction.

Anyways, the icons on the legend are really just a bit extra, most of the parts of the map are pretty self-explanatory if you look at them.

Dawn

Years
Spoiler:

I took the liberty of trying to make the icons easier to make out. I suppose I'll replace the current map with this revision...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back