• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Real Name

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
What is your real name? (Optional)
Hello PokeCommunity, my first name is Daniel

Do you feel comfortable sharing it online?
On certain websites I won't, mainly for privacy,

Do you like it? Why/Why not?
I got no issues with it, I"m use to it.

Would you change it? (If yes, to what?)
I won't change it, I'm used to being called Daniel, it would be a big hassle going through name change. Many family members just call me Denny or my grandma calls me 'Denio' [Daniel with a babyish-Spanish style accent] for short

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't really like sharing my name online and I hate when people on PC call me by it. It's not often, but still lol! The only people that have done it are Gavin, Larry, and Klippy though so oh well. And Penatrait too probably. I am named after my paw paw and dad, but go by a shorter version of it that's spelled different from the norm. It's always misspelled on things and I never see any of those name keychains for it (you know the souvenir ones!!) and that used to make me sad as a kid. For those wondering, my real name is J-- OH whoa, gotta go shower bbl.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday

Michael.

Why wouldn't I?

It's alright.

Yes. I always liked the name Nathan, or Brandon.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
What is your real name? James.

Do you feel comfortable sharing it online? Sure. Im not gonna share my last name because anonymity.

Do you like it? Why/Why not? Not really. I dont know why, doesnt really describe me I guess.

Would you change it? Yeah. To like Josh or something cool.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
my name is Evelien Kodin XD
:o i don't care if you know it or not, i ame how i ame so
why acting like someone els whide a fake nickname or somthing XD

Years
My real name's Janna. A unique name for sure haha, but I think it looks and sounds pretty nice! Most people mispronounce it though. D: It's John-uh and the J is a J, not a Y sound.

Don't think I'd change it, nope! There are a few names I'd like to have, but not enough to actually drop mine.

Years
I personally don't feel comfortable sharing my real name online, even tough it's incredibly common, but that's just because I'm cautious and don't really share anything online. I think the most I've shared is my age, country and POSSIBLY my timezone, but that's it.

I like my name, but I kind of dislike it. :/
I go by a couple of names/nicknames, so whatever people call me sounds right, but whenever I think of my name, it just doesn't seem to fit me. Does that make sense?

I don't think I'd change it. I get confused enough as is when someone else with my name is in the same room, so having a new name... it'd just be so confusing. Plus I'm just used to my name. When I was younger I desperately wanted to change my name to Eli. ^_^ And then I think I wanted to be Zed or something? XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
My name is Michael!

It kind of just depends on the website, I guess. On here or other sociable websites, I usually just give out my first name only. On Facebook my last name is known, but that's really it.

Eh, I guess so... It's too common and boring (same goes for my last name). In school, whenever someone would misspell it as "Micheal" instead, and I'd just either tell them they spelled it wrong or jokingly tell myself to change my name to that so my name could seem somewhat unique. Unless there's someone who has it spelled like that already...? It doesn't show up as a spelling error, so it must be a correct spelling of the name! Just not mine.

I probably would! I really like the names Joel, D'mitri, Zeke, Zach, and other names I can't think of at the moment/don't want to list because there are too many.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My real name is Tara which the most of you probably know already. Considering I use my real name as my online handle I am obviously comfortable with 'sharing' it. It started when a friend of mine called me by my real name and thus people simply started using it. Then I didn't even bother coming up with a online handle to use anywhere else. I like my name, I don't have a problem with it. Why try to hide it? As mentioned, it is just a first name. While it's not a common name there is still enough Tara's in this world to where it doesn't matter too much.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
My name (Weston) isn't too bad. I like its uniqueness (never met any other Westons) and how it sounds.Though I guess you can't guess what it means in old english.
Spoiler:

I don't think I'd change it at all. And no, I'm not giving out my last name.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My name's Andrew, and I like it because it's a common name but it's not one of the most common you hear around. I generally have people call me Andy because I am very allergic to formality and wank, and I find 'Andy' much less formal.. I have no trouble giving it out online, it's just a name lol.

And no I wouldn't change it! I'd change my last name though.

Interestingly I had a conversation with somebody recently and asked them what their name was because I don't really like the idea of just referring to someone by their username, and he was like "I'd rather you not know if I can help it" and I was like "oh okay..." kind of awkward and just odd in general. Just tell me your name, freakazoid.

Years
My name's Andrew, and I like it because it's a common name but it's not one of the most common you hear around. I generally have people call me Andy because I am very allergic to formality and wank, and I find 'Andy' much less formal.. I have no trouble giving it out online, it's just a name lol.

And no I wouldn't change it! I'd change my last name though.

Interestingly I had a conversation with somebody recently and asked them what their name was because I don't really like the idea of just referring to someone by their username, and he was like "I'd rather you not know if I can help it" and I was like "oh okay..." kind of awkward and just odd in general. Just tell me your name, freakazoid.

1) Ehehehehe.

2) NEVER (Though you probably already know it anyway).

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Dylan. It's derived from the Welsh word for "tide", and is a Welsh god of the sea. I was also born on the anniversary of Neptunes' discovery, a coincidence that I've always found interesting but probably unintended by my mother.

Yes, it doesn't change anything except maybe make things less awkward.

Yeah, it's okay I guess. In real life, I'm usually the only Dylan people know so that's nice. I was named after Bob Dylan which is a huge plus.

No.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I don't really like sharing my name online and I hate when people on PC call me by it. It's not often, but still lol! The only people that have done it are Gavin, Larry, and Klippy though so oh well. And Penatrait too probably. I am named after my paw paw and dad, but go by a shorter version of it that's spelled different from the norm. It's always misspelled on things and I never see any of those name keychains for it (you know the souvenir ones!!) and that used to make me sad as a kid. For those wondering, my real name is J-- OH whoa, gotta go shower bbl.
I call you by your real name all the time, J-dawg.

My name's William and it's dreadful. Spanish version is so much more badass: Guillermo. As for sharing it online, I really could not care less. I mean, finding my details from my first name only would be almost impossible and you're welcome to try. I'd be quite flattered you'd take the time to try. (:

If I was gonna change my name I'd change it to something Italian because they all have fancy, awesome names..

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
What is your real name?
My name is Avishka!

Everyone knows my name i have the same username in all forums so.... its ok :P :P

yeah it is a unique name and rhymes with my twin sister's name xD XD

Would you change it?
nah impossible my parents gave me this name. i'll never change my name . :) :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

Rearrange the letters of my screen name after taking the x out. It should be obvious.

Only until I start hearing half assed "Use the force" jokes being thrown about like it's Mardi Gras.

I'm neutral towards it, not the best but far from the worst.

I'd go with Seth, no real reason other than the sound of the name clicking to me personal preference wise.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My real name's Alex, bet you couldn't guess that ;p I'm very comfortable with sharing it online, however I'm a lot more reluctant to share my surname. Not really sure why, I guess it's just an easier way for people to find stuff out about you, but I don't often give it out. I don't mind my name - I pronounce it slightly weirdly so I don't like it in that respect but otherwise it's a pretty cool name, it even has an 'x'! If I could change my name, I'd change it to Ryudo. That name means a lot to me and it's a pretty cool name imo, so I'd love to have it as mine.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My name is so common in almost every language. It's a simple three-letter word that can be easily memorized. And for those of you that don't know, my real name is NOT Megan! Megan is my online name short for Meganium. :)

To give you guys a few hints, it starts with an A and I shared it with a former Art Gallery moderator.

I'd like to change my name, yes! I like the name Logan or Morgan. Two great names, I must say. xD

Back