• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Hunting

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Im currently using mm to try and hatch a shiny Eevee. And im hoping that it doesnt turn out to take forever. What was the fastest hatching of a shiny? (Using mm most likely) Or the quickest time on the poke radar? :cheeky:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've never gotten a shiny via Masuda or Pokeradar. So yeeeah. Not really reliable methods, imo. I'd rather just RNG.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't really like RNGing, it takes the fun away from finding Shinies. All my shinies are got from Random Encounters.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Never found one randomly myself :( and I've heard of RNG but have no idea as to what it really is..

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
The 3 shinies I've found have been random, Never tried to reliably catch one. I just keep at least 1 masterball on me at all times...

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Soft resetting can work, but with eggs you need to save before you recieve the egg.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I have been playing for a little over 12 years and I have yet to obtain a shiny (i dont know when they were introduced, however). from expirence, i cant help. Its all up to luck. Always be prepared. I hope you have better luck than I do, because im 0-(everything). Good Luck.

Regards, Chris

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
The 3 shinies I've found have been random, Never tried to reliably catch one. I just keep at least 1 masterball on me at all times...

That's actually a pretty good idea. In B2 I have not used either Master Ball and have caught everything possible - maybe I should do that as well!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I never got any shiny Pokémon through RNG (because I tried and failed) or through chaining (because the chain breaks before I have a chance of running into one); all of the shinies I caught were through sheer luck alone.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I dont even know what those RNG , MM , random word supposedly meaning "a way to get a shiny" are... I recently caught my first shiny (a 14 year poke career) and it was a random encounter...

my shiny onix ;) now a gold steelix (see below) named Goldix ;)

I would occasionally sav edit a shiny... and it would always be an onix cause a gold steelix is sweet... I was blown away when I found that honest shiny onix... made me so happy :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Sometimes I decide to start hunts, but I find it the easiest to hunt for shiny starters on HG/SS, since you can check all three at once.

Years
That's always been my philosophy, too, which is why my Shiny Ducklett (now Swanna) is in a Master Ball, even if I probably could've caught it with something else.

The only real method of trying to catch shiny Pokemon that I used was with the PokeRadar, and I found I could never chain more than 25-30 Pokemon in a row, so I gave up on it pretty quickly.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
I've tried hunting for shinies, mostly through Pokemon that are exploitable to soft-resetting.

Chaining is really difficult. XD

Tycen

Pokémon Professor
Years
I don't think that you can shiny hunt without just aimlessly walking around. I found a shiny Golbat once, but I didn't have a masterball yet, and my lowest level Pokemon was my HM Slave Suicune... who killed him in one hit.

Dark_Illusion

Psychic Trainer
Years
I don't think that you can shiny hunt without just aimlessly walking around. I found a shiny Golbat once, but I didn't have a masterball yet, and my lowest level Pokemon was my HM Slave Suicune... who killed him in one hit.

Harsh lol. I would have been ticked off if that happened to me. Which, now that I said it, probably will. -_-

Back