• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The HATED Pokemon Challenge!

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
b-bidoof_blink.gif

THE HATED POKEMON CHALLENGE!!!

You've been playing pokemon for quite a while. Naturally, you've liked some more than others, no matter how much of a loving trainer you are. There are some designs that are your absolute favorite, so much so that you search for them in every game you play.

Then there's the opposite. The pokemon you whole-heartedly hate, the ones that you despise with every fiber of your being. Those designs so bad that you cringe everytime you see them. The ones you would release into the wild without hesitation if your sibling every got a hold of your game.

It's time for a change. You're older now, you shouldn't hold such evil grudges towards pixels in a video game! And so you begin your journey, a chance to change your opinion on that one (or six!) pokemon you never liked. Who knows? You might find it to be somewhat capable. And if you still don't like it? You must endure an entire playthrough with them!!!

Rules:
-No legendaries. You'll learn to like them too easily.
-Hacking/Cheating to bring in Pokemon is ALLOWED. Just to get the Pokes of course.
-Not restricted to any games, just as long as you find Pokemon you hate!
-No more than 6 pokemon total, so that means you can't box/store/catch Pokemon you didn't plan to use.
-Trading for Evolutions is allowed, and you are allowed to evolve all of your Pokemon.
-I'm lax with HM slaves, I'd prefer you not to hack for your slaves, but you may do so.

Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

Challenge ends when you defeat:
Spoiler:

I'll participate in my hated Pokemon run so you know it's real.

Signup Format (I don't care a whole lot about the format, you'll only be listed as a Champ)
Name: GucciMeme
Number of Games: 2
Game: Emerald, Crystal
Pokemon: 3

Swinub
Koffing
Yanma

CHAMPIONS:
Spoiler:

ULTIMATE CHAMPIONS:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Could you resize that image, please? It's stretching my screen and that's just...not appealing. :x If you can't resize it, maybe just replace that image with a sprite of Bidoof instead? Thanks!

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
I actually did this in Black 2 last year, and it totally changed my opinion of Garbodor and Probopass. Can I post my info?

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Name: Harmonious Fusion
Number of Games: 1
Game: Black 2
Pokemon: 6

Garbodor
Jynx
Probopass
Stunfisk
Bibarel
Dunsparce

Spoiler:

In the end, I gained a lot of respect for Probopass and Garbodor, who ended up being my two main Pokemon. I still hate the others, but I did at least learn that Stunfisk and Jynx are decent battlers. Bibarel was a great HM slave, if nothing else, and Dunsparce was dead weight for most of the run.

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
UPDATE #1:

Spoiler:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Count me in for Pokemon Red. let me look through the sprites of the first 151 so I can figure out who I hate. some sprites were better than others.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I'm in to do the challenge on Pokemon X once I get my copy for Christmas.

My team will be:

Klefki (looks the like the dud Pokemon of Gen 6 to me!)
Dunsparce (seems kinda pointless with so many better normal types out there)
Plant Cloak Wormadam (why would I ever choose it over its other two cloaks?)
Shedninja (they are always annoying to fight, but I feel like they would be easily killed by my opponents every time)
Sylveon (maybe it's just me, but he seems too different in design from the other Eeveelutions)
Luvdisc (pretty bland and uncreative design, in my opinion)

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Hey everyone! I'm still here lol

UPDATE #2
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
Name: ShadyVXKuriboh5
Game: White
Pokemon:
1. Odish (Never seemed to like greens as a child and this guy represented it)
2. Bellsprout (Same reason as Odish gotta hate the veggies)
3. Jigglypuff (Need I say more?)
4. Stunfisk (At least Magikarp evolves to a beast)
5. Emolga (Flying Electric Rat/Worst Pikachu clone imo)
6. Torkoal (In gen 3 always went for Numel cause of artwork)

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
UPDATE #3 (and final)

Long read.

Spoiler:

This challenge was a fresh change to a game I have played a million times already, and one of the last times I replay Emerald in a while.

Did I bond with them? Perhaps. Weezing turned out to be better than just a Toxic machine and is a very bulky Pokemon. Yanma, it died a ton, had terribad defense but also a helpful ability in Speed Boost. That said, Yanma is just an inferior version of Ninjask with a weaker moveset. Piloswine? Really good for a second evo. I regularly use his older brother Mamoswine in competitive VGC play and like it.

Cool challenge, liked it a lot, and can't wait for Round 2 with these Pokemon. Soon I'll start playing Pokemon Crystal with this same group. Thanks to anyone who survived through reading this, and I suggest you participate!

Final Info:

Swine (Piloswine) Lv.57 Hasty nature
Earthquake/Ice Beam/Blizzard/Strength

Toxic (Weezing) Lv.57 Jolly nature
Secret Power/Sludge Bomb/Shock Wave/Explosion

Pest (Yanma) Lv.55 Lonely nature
Aerial Ace/Protect/Steel Wing/Double Team

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Gen 1 has only one Pokemon I have an actual hatred for, and that's Seadra. Now, I love Kingdra, but I can't stand Seadra (and not just because the bots are lucky as hell in Pokemon Stadium with Seadra because they're never hurt by confusion and always land hits). Anyway, I guess I'll just be doing a Seadra solo on Blue...once I find out how to hack in Horsea as my starter on a Gen 1 game.

Name: KoboraX
Number of Games: 1 for now
Game: Blue
Pokemon: 1, and that's Seadra

EDIT:
  • Started the game
  • Hacked in Horsea in place of Squirtle as a starter option to make it fair
  • Owned my rival
  • Got killed by a wild Pidgey >_______>
  • Delivered Oak's Parcel
  • Bubble spammed my way through Viridian Forest until I could only Struggle
  • Absolutely murdered Brock
  • Started complaining a lot about Horsea's shallow movepool early on since I could only rely on Bubble as an attacking move until I got the Water Gun TM from Mt. Moon
  • Finally learned Smokescreen at Lv. 19
  • Got owned twice in Mt. Moon, but managed to get out.
  • Went to Cerulean and beat my rival again
  • Learned another non attacking move. GGs game.
  • Bubblebeam destroyed tons of lives
  • My Horsea evolved when I killed some Dugtrio in Diglett's Cave
  • Cleared out the S.S Anne.
  • Electric types...
  • After getting through Rock Tunnel, Seadra wanted to learn yet another non attacking move.
  • Finally got Seadra set up with a couple of attacking moves once I reached Celadon. Erika stands no chance now
  • Took care of the Rocket Hideout and Pokemon Tower
  • Took the long way to Fuchsia
  • Got Surf and destroyed Koga
  • Returned to Saffron and dealt with Sabrina after Silph Co.
  • Headed back over to Celadon and destroyed Erika
  • Made it over to Cinnabar via Pallet Town and destroyed Blaine
  • Owned Giovanni
  • Owned Victory Road
  • You don't even want to know how bad the Elite Four got destroyed.

Team Zeus (Final)

Spr_1b_117.png

Trident (Seadra) Lv. 79
Final Stats: 222/148/219/185/196
Moves: Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Double-Edge

I still hate Seadra. It's shallow base of attacking moves in Gen 1 added onto my original hatred since it was annoying being forced to fight Grass types with Bubble and Water Gun. Bubblebeam made things easier, but it's just the fact of the matter that the shallow movepool in terms of attacking moves really bothered me throughout the playthough even though I swept through everything once Horsea evolved. And the reason why my Seadra is Lv. 79 is because I had saved up 6 Rare Candies up until after Lance, then just used them all to become even more overkill.

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I wanted to tackle Johto in one update for my Crystal run. Here it goes:

Spoiler:

Next stop: Kanto. Red, I'm coming for your head!

Pokemon:
Pest (Yanma) Lv.47
Toxic (Weezing) Lv.47
Swine (Piloswine) Lv.47

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Last update for Kanto and Red in Crystal:

Spoiler:

Final Info:

Swine (Piloswine) [MVP] Lv.70
221.png

Earthquake/Icy Wind/Strength/Blizzard

Pest (Yanma) Lv.70
193.png

Wing Attack/Double Team/Swift/Headbutt

Toxic (Weezing) Lv.70
110.png

Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/Rollout/Explosion

*I did not use Explosion once this run. I used it a ton in Emerald though.

Last edited:

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
I have a question. Can we do this with "Spin-off" games? (I hate calling them that)

I mean, of course, Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness. Because I can sure find at least 6 pokemon that I strongly dislike, found relatively early.

Years
Name: AoTora
Game: Sapphire
Pokemon: 6

Ok let me see why I picked up the team I picked and let's write it down here:

Spoiler:

So this is going to be my team - and yes - Mudkip will have an everstone so it won't evolve.

Billeh

Local Pokemon Genius
Years
I'll try this.
Name: Billeh
Number of games: 1
Game: Gold
Pokemon: 2
Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon Red : 1 Pokemon

Route 1 - Had to catch a Poliwag because I couldn't find a R/B/Y Starter Changer.

Viridian City to Viridian Forest - level up from 3 -10 in route on and bubbled my way through the forest...

Pewter City - Easy! started level 11 end up 13 at the end

Route 3 - battled all trainers and leveled up from 13 - 16 or 17 something like that

Mt. Moon - Got owned once at the last trainer and had to go through it again but found mega punch and a rare candy

Route 4 - Leveled up Poliwag to 25 and it evolved it poliwhril

Cerluean City to Vermilion City - Just Mega Punched and Bubblebeam my way through every trainer.S.S.Anne - Beat Rival like nothing

Vermilion City Gym - Caught a Diglett thinking it can use cut but couldn't learn cut so caught a Oddish and beat the gym using mega punch which took me three times.

Rock Tunnel - ....Didn't have Flash....

From here it was smooth sailing, everyone was easy to beat and had to problems and never lost a battle. Leveled up to 62 before hitting the Elite Four oh yeah, caught a Spearow just for the move fly and used a water stone to evolve Poliwhril into Poliwrath.

Elite Four - First Member Strength & Mega Punched my way through only using Poliwrath
Second Member - Surf & Strength
Third Member - Fissure & Blizzard
Lance - only member i do know lol used Blizzard, Psybeam & Earthquake but ran out of pp had to use
stuggle
Rival - Rage & TakeDown, what a lucky battle it was for me. If i havn't used up all my take down i would have lost using rage because rage just keeps hitting..... Luck

Why I used Poliwag, I never liked Poliwag because of it Movepool. I was one of those pokemon that i didn't want because by the time i can get it, i usually have my team already so didn't like it and never like going against it with its hypnosis. Now, i love this pokemon and how good it is after evolving :P Roughly 6hrs

Last Level 66 with moves Surf, Rage, Strength & Take Down.

If any Mistakes our in the paragraph sorry, had to type this up quick before taking off.

Years
Finally started this!

°Chose mudkip as my new partner. She ended up being female - Named her Skippy.
°Destroyed my rival.
°Took me about forever to find a wurmple that evolved into cascoon - at least 20 before that one evolved into silcoons .-. Named her Aku.
°Helped Wally.
°Caught my next team member - Selena the Slakoth.
°Got to Rustbro and destroyed the gym with Skippy.
°Caught my next team member: Lucky the Whismur.
°Got to Dewford, obtained an everstone for skippy and let Aku destroy Brawly.
°Helped captain and got my next team member - Sluggie the Gulpin. Yes my whole team is females.

Current team:

287.gif

Selena|Female|Brave Nature|Truant|Lvl 16
Scratch
Yawn
Encore
Slack Off
I really really really hate her ability >_< She is pretty much useless at the moment - But she will become better.

258.gif

Skippy|Female|Bashful Nature|Torrent|Lvl 18|@Everstone
Tackle
Growl
Mudslap
Water Gun
She is a decent team member I guess - But I still prefer it's evos over mudkip. Sorry mudkip.

269f.gif

Aku|Female|Jolly Nature|Shield Dust|Lvl 16
Tackle
Confusion
Poison Sting
Gust
Meh.. She cannot take hits and she is just an average bug type.

293.gif

Lucky|Female|Modest Nature|Soundproof|Lvl 14
Pound
Uproar
Astonish
Useless for now - hopefully she becomes better when she evolves.

316.gif

Sluggie|Female|Modest Nature|Sticky Hold|Lvl 14
Pound
Yawn
Poison Gas
Sludge
Meh for now... Waiting for her to evolve.

Last edited:
Back