• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Just can't get it to work

What do I put as the person ID?
Ok this is what I did.
1. Used the script generator to make the script.
2. Hit f9
3. put the script offset to 0x200. Now what?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
wait so whats the script offset? this is the script
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 2
if == jump 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry RAYQUAZA 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle RAYQUAZA 15 POTION
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitspecial
clearflag 0x807
special2 0x800D 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 1
if == jump 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 4
if == jump 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 5
if == jump 0x8162561
setflag 0x200
release
end

What number is the script offset? the 740000?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Yes, I am an XSE fanboy, but only because it teaches you things, not does everything for you.
/discussion
I have yet to see anything learned from XSE that can not be learned as easily, if not more easily, from PKSV.
Having a script generator provides easy access to common scripts, and should not be relied on. However, you can still reverse-engineer the generated scripts and learn from them.

Also, 0m3GA, try PKSV for a little while... you will like it. (See the Flag Skeleton 2 in the script generator for one of my favourite (from a programmer's PoV) features.)
yeah but for a quick script its oaky thats why they have generators
And is also why I added, for example, the quick starter script for testing a hack, and the flag skeleton scripts. I take almost all script generator suggestions (rejecting only those that are just not common enough to warrant quick pasting everywhere).

I tried doing script for entei now and I used the script generator, battle pokemon , but when I decomplie it all it says is a bunch of raw 0XFF lines and then crashes. Do I have to put #org @start in the first line in the decompling box

Spoiler:

this is all gone when you decompile it and gives a jump 0xFFFFFFFF I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with the dyn# in the offset box or what.
You're most likely putting the number in "#dyn" in the offset box, judging by the sound of your post - you're meant to put the number given to you when you compile it, in a dialog box.
Off the top of my head, it goes something like this:
@start <-> 0xReal-offset (0x1234 bytes)

What do I put as the person ID?
Ok this is what I did.
1. Used the script generator to make the script.
2. Hit f9
3. put the script offset to 0x200. Now what?
Eep, you were meant to set the person ID to 0200, not the script offset to 0x200... To get the real script offset of a dynamic script, see my last quote. The person event number (NOT person ID) should usually not be changed.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
It just shows up as a person on my game and When I try to talkto it, the music stops and I can talk to it and run around at the same time. This is confusing. Its just getting me mad. I have no Idea what the problem is.

Wait, would the script offset be 0x740000? if it is, do I put the 0x? or just the 740000?

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
yes its a pesone event... theres scipts lines like play music 0x
if you can move then you didnt right the line lock all or lock player

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
It just shows up as a person on my game and When I try to talkto it, the music stops and I can talk to it and run around at the same time. This is confusing. Its just getting me mad. I have no Idea what the problem is.

Wait, would the script offset be 0x740000? if it is, do I put the 0x? or just the 740000?
This is your exact problem. You don't need the 0x, but that offset is wrong. #dyn does not put it at that offset, it puts it in free space after that offset and tells you where the real offset is when you compile it.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Ok this the script after I hit f9

Opened file.
#DYN
-> 0x740000
#ORG
-> @start
SPECIAL
-> 0x187
COMPARE
-> lastresult
-> 0x800D
-> 0x2
IF
-> ==
-> 0x1
-> JUMP
-> 0x81A7AE0
SPECIAL
-> 0x188
CHECKSOUND
CRY
-> rayquaza
-> 0x196
-> 0x2
WAITCRY
PAUSE
-> 0x14
PLAYSOUND
-> 0x156
-> 0x0
BATTLE
-> rayquaza
-> 0x196
-> 0xF
-> potion
-> 0xD
SETFLAG
-> 0x807
SPECIAL
-> 0x138
CLEARFLAG
-> 0x807
SPECIAL2
-> 0x800D
-> 0xB4
COMPARE
-> lastresult
-> 0x800D
-> 0x1
IF
-> ==
-> 0x1
-> JUMP
-> 0x8162558
COMPARE
-> lastresult
-> 0x800D
-> 0x4
IF
-> ==
-> 0x1
-> JUMP
-> 0x8162561
COMPARE
-> lastresult
-> 0x800D
-> 0x5
IF
-> ==
-> 0x1
-> JUMP
-> 0x8162561
SETFLAG
-> 0x200
#ORG: data
-> @start <-> 0x7400DC (0x5C bytes)
So whats the offset?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Edit:

I finally got my first script working! Thanks for all the help guys!
Now to try harder stuff. What other scripts should I try?

Last edited:
Years
okay, im stuck again! I can't make those darn pokeballs disappear. I make the flag in the flag list, i add the flag in the script during the generator part, and i set the person id. The message that says i got the pokeball stays on the screen until something else comes up, and the pokeball stays there.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay, im stuck again! I can't make those darn pokeballs disappear. I make the flag in the flag list, i add the flag in the script during the generator part, and i set the person id. The message that says i got the pokeball stays on the screen until something else comes up, and the pokeball stays there.
it spunds like you didnt end the message try using insted mesage NO_CLOSE

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
But what would you put in the person id box? This is the last script I want to know how to make for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back