• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To all who think they have good RPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
Years
Yes, I know, but I make my stories complex, and they need complex set-ups.

Oh well, I've made my own RP site now, so I'll be able to relax a bit now.

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
Actually long plots aren't always bad. They are actually quite good. Background information and story details are important to an RPG. It all depends on how it's written. It needs to be written like a story rather than like a paper you'd hand into your teacher on how volcanos work. It needs to be something interesting and something that draws the reader in. If some one starts reading a good RPG that extends for twenty lines or so, they need to be able to enjoy what they're reading. If they do it'll have the same effect as a good fan fiction or a good book. Just shorter.

However, even an RPG with a well written story won't always be popular. What the RPG is about counts for about 60-75% it's popularity. Most Pokemon RPGs don't seem to have a lot of trouble getting members. The only ones that do are the ones with plots that have been used so often not many people are interested in them anymore. Or just RPGs that are just not very appealing. Movie based RPGs don't seem to be very popular. Not all of them. Just some. For example, I'd guess that a Chronicles of Narnia RPG would go over quite well. But a James Bond RPG might not.(I could be wrong.) However, taking the general idea of a movie and twisting it might make it more popular. Or simply taking out the movie aspect of it.

Simply come up with a good plot and write it well. And if one RPG doesn't work then you can take your plot, tweak it a bit, and try again. Or just come up with a new one.

Just one more thing before I go. RentCavalier the only problem I saw with yours was that it, well, it wasn't very interesting. Your Zombie RPG I mean. I'll need to look over it again and do more than a bit of quick reading to tell you why but for now that's all I can say. If you want more boring lectures on RPGing feel free to PM me. :P

Years
RentCavalier said:
I looked over your future RP.

Your problem is the opposite of mine: you put far too little detail. Writing up an RP requires an immense amount of detail and plot depth. You need to be able to explain to everyone exactly what the mood, location and scenario of the RP is.

You also need a direction that it should go in. Most deviate, but if you set a theme and style for the RP, then a good RPer can take the RP in the direction you want.

Hmm...I see your point. Okay, next time I'll make them longer. But, the weird thing is, a few more people joined it! ^^'

Years
I made one called Operations in Other Roleplay. One person joined, though. And I... oh sh*t!

Kurosaki

I made one called Operations in Other Roleplay. One person joined, though. And I... oh sh*t!
Have you even had it up for 24 hours yet? >>
RPs don't always get members right away, so you need to wait a bit.

Years
Nope. :)

I sorta just posted that for the 'most people don't like original RPGs, but ones based off anime, manga, all that good stuff ' thing.

Die alien scum! *points at internet connection ppl* Feel the wrath of my spoon!

I'd like to join more original stuff.

Here's one that should be coming pretty soon; Phycotic_Demon's Phantysta! It's a very good one that was here a while ago, and then died. We were talking about it through PM's, and she said she's going to start another one pretty soon.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I dunno Alana, of all the RP's I've joined of yours, I skim your incredibly long plot and post my sign-up, then when I'm extremely bored I go back and read it. ^.^; I'm guilty on all accounts. lawlz. I made one RP before, and I let it die, because I lost interest in it, and I wasn't exactly having much fun. PH was in it, although I sorta killed him and ...somebody's plan, but oh wellz. that's pretty much when it died, because then I got pissed that they couldn't handle the fact that I had changed the RP, when they totally changed my plans, but didn't freak out. W/E. I was thinking of making a new one, you can see it in the drawing board, but I can't say I'll post it for sure. If somebody really likes it, they can post it, but they must asketh first! I'll see if people like it, then make my final decision.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I made a 'the last dragons' RP, and we need a band of good nondragons, but everyone's joining as a dragon, so we can't stick to the original plot. :( It's really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back