• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ran out of Pokeballs

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
Coincidentally, this is also my worst Shiny experience... I ran out of Pokeballs attempting to catch a Shiny Articuno... Must have thrown 50+ Great/Ultra/Poke's.

Years
Coincidentally, this is also my worst Shiny experience... I ran out of Pokeballs attempting to catch a Shiny Articuno... Must have thrown 50+ Great/Ultra/Poke's.

Ouch, thats the worse experience i have heard about stay without pokeballs.

The bad part about that is, even with a lot of pokeballs, that articuno doesn't let caught.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
When I was around six, I found a Paras in Mt. Moon in Yellow. I really wanted it because I'd never seen one before, but when I opened my bag...

I later caught one in the Safari Zone.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
As I am usually well-stocked with Pokeballs, running out of them has been a rare case for me, but there have definitely been one or two times when this has happened to me before. I can't remember an exact moment, but I got really frustrated as the Pokemon I encountered was one of the rare 1% - 5% encounter rate ones in the grass that I really wanted. I had to kill it off and take another precious half an hour searching for another when I could have continued on my journey. I'm blessed to have had an ugly shiny experience though. That would have made me ditch my game for a month or two.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
This luckily has not happened to me, except for the Regirock thing mentioned somewhere here. I had saved my game before the battle though, and it was Zapdos. Even though I've never encountered a shiny when I haven't had pokeballs I am paranoid that I will find one and not have enough or any pokeballs, so I always stock up to have a ton of pokeballs, and I also try to keep wild encounters to a minimum at the beginning part of the game before you have pokeballs.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've done that so many times you have no idea. Most of the time I make sure I have enough Pokeball to catch the Pokemon I'm looking for. But sometime I'd run into a shiny or rare and as soon as I go to my bag and then realize I'm out of Poke Balls. It's frustrating.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
This happened to me once. I was young, I didn't have any ultra balls, or great balls even. And I used my master ball already.
That Entei got away. ;-;

I will alway remember what my older sister told me after that. You always have to have ultra balls.

I know now.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Ever since Platinum, I vowed to use only Pokeballs on my journeys. As such, I save money, and tend to have plenty to spend on Pokeballs after buying potions and such. I tend to have atleast 300 by the time I reach the League, nowadays. Before Platinum, though.. Dear God, I ran out of all kinds of balls so often..

Back