• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teams from every generation

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've been thinking about this because I'm sometimes going around planning forum-RP scenarios. And one scenario would be where the players could only have pokémon from a certain generation, one person with a team of only gen II pokémon, another with only gen V etc. But it's difficult to decide on 6 pokémon to use if you can only pick from one generation.

So, if you were to choose a team of 6 (or fewer, I guess) pokémon from a specific generation and could never use any other pokémon than them, what generation would you pick and what pokémon would you pick? Would you want a diverse team or a single-type team or just a mix of your favorite cute ones?

You can also list (and explain!) what other single-generation teams you would pick, in case you can't decide what generation you prefer, or if you just like to list things, haha. Like "I'd pick this team from gen I and this team from gen II..." and so on.​

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Gen II- easiest of the bunch

-Typhlosion
-Tyranitar
-Scizor
-Houndoom
-Lugia
-Entei

That was one of the teams in my Pokemon Gold I think that I used to get through the Kanto E4 I never really played Gold that much I was more of a Silver person. (I traded the lugia into gold so I didn't have such a hard time progressing)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd have my team filled with first-generation Pokémon. I love gen. one! The first member of my team would be Vulpix. I would treat it the same way that Ash treats his Pikachu—have it out of its Poké Ball at all times, travel around with it, and get help from it whenever you're in trouble. Water-type Pokémon are going to be Vulpix's greatest threats, so I would need an electric Pokémon to counter them. For that reason, Electrode is going to be the second member of the team. My third team member would have to be Blastoise. I'm a big of its design. It's amazing how it has a pair of cannons stuck to its body, isn't it? Pidgeot is going to be the fourth member. It would be able to fly me wherever I need it to. My fifth member will be Arbok, so that it'll chase away all the wild Pokémon that I run into with Scary Face. And the final team member would be Zapdos. If legendary Pokémon are not allowed, then I'd most likely go with Dragonite.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Surprisingly difficult choice. I want to say gen 5. It'd be the easiest since I could just use my B/W team, but there's no fun in ease.

Let's go with my favorite: Gen 4.

>Lumineon
>Hippowdon
>Mismagius
>Gallade
>Infernape
>Mesprit

I would dedicate my life to catching Mesprit. I would start a war and burn my way through Sinnoh to catch Mesprit.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Surprisingly enough, I would probably pick gen V or gen IV. I haven't called them my favorite regions, but the pokémon there just happens to be pretty cool. Some of my favorites are there. So, for gen IV then:

Infernape
Empoleon
Leafeon
Mime Jr
Weavile
Gliscor

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Let's go with Gen III. My favorite Gen together with my favorite Pokemon.

Team:
- Sceptile
- Salamence
- Skarmory
- Gardevoir
- Wailord
- Metagross

Not that they look tough, I just love there designs and attacks.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Total genwunner:
Charizard
Poliwrath
Gengar
Vileplume
Dragonite
Machamp

Johto (second fav)
Typholsion
Scizor
Ampharos
Umbreon
Politoad
Alkazam

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Gen 4, easily.

- Cherrim
- Probopass
- Drifblim
- Luxio
- Bidoof
- Magnezone

I have a good number of favourites in Gen IV so filling a team of six is easy. I think every other gen would be too hard because I either have too many favourites (Gen V) or not enough (...everything else). :x

Oh what the hell, Gen V too:

- Whimsicott
- Vanilluxe
- Chandelure
- Galvantula
- Stunfisk
- Archeops

Definitely had some trouble paring it down. D8

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Definitely 6 if actual competitive usefulness doesn't matter.
Delphox
Noivern
Sylveon
Dedenne
Meowstic
Mega Banette (if it counts.)

blue

gucci
Years
I really enjoyed using my unplanned team from Platinum, in which all of them reached beyond level 70.

The team was something like;

Weavile Lv. 71
Togekiss Lv. 73
Flareon Lv. 77
Torterra Lv. 70
Froslass Lv. 71
Blissey Lv. 70

It was something along the lines of that, but now I've got a new team on Platinum and I really like that bunch too!

Back