• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hey, Look At That!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Have you ever noticed something in one of the pre release pictures or a certain part of a sentence on a website of Pokemon Black/White that could represent somehting new or something all of you have been speculating for a while?

Well, share your discoveries here!

Just post the picture and/or sentence (provide the website you find them at) that you find it at and tell us what you found!

There can't be any wrong answers, because right now, we don't have any right answers either! XD

Share!

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
In the image below, where the male protagonist is located in a construction site of the sorts, there is another NPC in red. If you look closely at his skin color, he appears to be darker than normal NPC's from past generations. It's being thought that this could possibly represent dark skinned characters in the game for the very first time. Certain thoughts that back this up is that the region is farther from the other regions, located in a new area. It's still unclear, but it's possible I guess.

The image was found at PokéBeach by the way. n_n
Spoiler:

Years
In the image below, where the male protagonist is located in a construction site of the sorts, there is another NPC in red. If you look closely at his skin color, he appears to be darker than normal NPC's from past generations. It's being thought that this could possibly represent dark skinned characters in the game for the very first time. Certain thoughts that back this up is that the region is farther from the other regions, located in a new area. It's still unclear, but it's possible I guess.

Spoiler:
Sorry, but it only looks that way because it's a low quality photo.
black-white-screenshot-2.jpg

It looks a lot lighter in high-quality, but I guess he/she still looks a bit darker than the hero.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021

Spoiler:
There could be a chance that for once Pokémon will not be racist and Hikers probably won't be the only dark people. Maybe they could be adding every race to these games.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years

At 2:53 you can see people lined up at some sort of vendor. It excites me just to see such a human element added to the game.

Also my exchange student translated what the people said and I'll add it as soon as I copy and paste it from the old speculation thread.

In order of appearance:

"What?"
"Long time no see"
"What?"
"(some sort of sound you would make when you're exhausted)"
"I'm hungry"
"I see"
"Bye bye"
"(exhausted sound)"
"I'm hungry."

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry, but it only looks that way because it's a low quality photo.
black-white-screenshot-2.jpg

It looks a lot lighter in high-quality, but i guess he/she still looks a bit darker than the hero.

It looks like the ears and hands are black because to me, the NPC could be wearing a white shirt.

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2016

Spoiler:

Orange Miltank in the top right corner??

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Oh, I see what you mean. Looks like a Teddiursa XD

Back