• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon LightningYellow Version

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
After Pokemon Red, Green, and Blue were released, Game Freak decided to release a new Pokemon game that was made to be an enhanced version of Red, Green, and Blue and coincide with Pokemon: The First movie. This game was called Pokemon Yellow Version Special Pikachu Edition. It was also released with a special Pikachu-themed Gameboy Color and (WOW) there was even a Pikachu-themed yellow Volkswagen New Beetle.

250px-Pokemon_Yellow.png

Then in 2004, Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were released. Think about if Game Freak had decided to make a Pokemon LightningYellow Version to go with FireRed and LeafGreen like how Yellow had gone with Red and Green. Do you think LightningYellow might ever be a possibility in the future? If so, would you get LightningYellow, or would you just stick to FireRed and LeafGreen? If they did make LightningYellow, do you think Game Freak would create more anime based games? 3...2...1...

Discuss!

MDP172.png

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think for them to release a LightningYellow, although cool, would be way too outdated. Many kids wouldn't understand the references and might not have seen that part of the anime. If they did release it, I would certainly get it because I loved Yellow. Because we haven't seen any anime-based games in ages, I don't think we'll get anymore.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I think for them to release a LightningYellow, although cool, would be way too outdated. Many kids wouldn't understand the references and might not have seen that part of the anime. If they did release it, I would certainly get it because I loved Yellow. Because we haven't seen any anime-based games in ages, I don't think we'll get anymore.

Yes, I see your point in many kids today not understanding the references. I also agree with not seeing more anime-based games in the future (but who knows, it could happen. I saw a kid dressed up as Batman running around in a backyard today. ANYTHING is possible).

I could care either way if the market value would be good, Lightning Yellow would have been great to have.

LightningYellow would definitely be great to have too. :t025:

Kick, punch, it's all in the mind!

Guest123_x1

I was actually expecting a Yellow remake during Generation III, as "ThunderYellow". The fact that they didn't do a remake of Yellow, or Crystal, suggests that none of the "third games" (including Emerald, and Platinum" will ever be remade. In other words, as much as I'd like to see a remake of Yellow, I don't think that's going to happen, and neither will there be other games made that are based on the anime.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I was actually expecting a Yellow remake during Generation III, as "ThunderYellow". The fact that they didn't do a remake of Yellow, or Crystal, suggests that none of the "third games" (including Emerald, and Platinum" will ever be remade. In other words, as much as I'd like to see a remake of Yellow, I don't think that's going to happen, and neither will there be other games made that are based on the anime.

I do agree with you Otter. I don't think we'll be seeing any third game remakes or anime based games either.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I agree with Otter and Pichu. I don't think they will make a remake of Yellow or any of the other third remakes. I would really like if they made a remake of Crystal though.

Years
[quote="vaporeon7]I think for them to release a LightningYellow, although cool, would be way too outdated. Many kids wouldn't understand the references and might not have seen that part of the anime. If they did release it, I would certainly get it because I loved Yellow. Because we haven't seen any anime-based games in ages, I don't think we'll get anymore.[/quote]I think this is exactly the reason why a Yellow remake didn't happen (granted, it was only similar to the anime, and not exactly like it).

All in all, I'm sure older fans of the series would've enjoyed a LightningYellow, but they would've been a much smaller number than those that could enjoy FR/LG either as a first game, or a nostalgic experience.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
First off, I think that the version was going to be named "Thunder Yellow" because "Lightning" is a long word if compared to "Fire" and "Leaf".

I have already also wonder why didn't GF make a yellow version remake? The fact that the first season of the anime isn't watched nowadays isn't true because loyal fans could search the episodes and watch them. I think that they didn't launch a Yellow remake because it wasn't necessary, just that. Yellow was a special edition, not a common version. Anyways, I wanted so much to have a Yellow remake, and with a lot more of updates than FR/LG had from R/G.

Back