• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Join Avenue Adventures

Years
I did it through a process people call "passing the Coil". "Coil" being the Japanese name for Magnemite. Basically tons of people are constantly trading Magnemites for Magnemites over the GTS to get visitors rapidly. I took me about 175 recommendations to get to lv20, which only took a couple hours spanned through a few days to get.
Tried using this the past couple of days and it's boosted my Avenue up to at least level 10 at this point (was still at level one before I started). Unfortunately, 2 or 3 of my shop owners have names in Korean and Japanese, so it looks a little strange to see something like ブレンダン's Kitchen or Lucky ★ 브렌단.

goldenyellowcrystal

A Black Crystal of Mystery
Years
My title is Amarillo, and my Avenue (Black Pass) is at Rank 14.

...But what's the difference of having online trainers as shop owners? (Maybe 'cuz I don't really communicate often)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
If you have online trainers as shop owners, you'll get to see the latest activities of that shop owner (like when he/she becomes the champion, what Pokemon he/she just caught) every time you online (like trading or some sort, going to Dream World is counted). You could talk to one of the assistant (I think the one with black glasses) in office to check them. And some of the visitors will ask the shop which have personality which might be suited for them (the shop owners), which any shop owners (in their own game) choose their own personality by talking to NPC which not buying things and some in Join Avenue's office (you could personalize yourself this way). And online linking means more visitors too.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Tried using this the past couple of days and it's boosted my Avenue up to at least level 10 at this point (was still at level one before I started). Unfortunately, 2 or 3 of my shop owners have names in Korean and Japanese, so it looks a little strange to see something like ブレンダン's Kitchen or Lucky ★ 브렌단.
ブレンダン is smiling at you!

NEway, now multiple shop owners are recommending others; I sent someone to my first one "Janus Fitness" and he sent the customer to the second, who sent the customer to the third, who tried to send the customer to another except I got the "Next time" to end it.

Four daily visitors right now, and I have an assistant who can heal Pokémon. Seems pointless since I can Fly, but ah...

Cyclone

Starry Windy

Years
Now multiple shop owners are recommending others; I sent someone to my first one "Janus Fitness" and he sent the customer to the second, who sent the customer to the third, who tried to send the customer to another except I got the "Next time" to end it.

In my case, I got even 8 Shop Owners full recommendation record! It happened once for me. However, there are some cases where Shop Owners' recommendation did not go well that it doesn't caught the visitor's interest... And sometimes, the record ends when one of the shop owners don't recommend the other.

My Avenue starts the recommendation thing when it is in Rank 15.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
In my case, I got even 8 Shop Owners full recommendation record! It happened once for me. However, there are some cases where Shop Owners' recommendation did not go well that it doesn't caught the visitor's interest... And sometimes, the record ends when one of the shop owners don't recommend the other.

I think the whole recommendation thing is started when your Join Avenue is in Rank 15.
Negative on Rank 15; I got it with both my Join Avenue and a shop at Rank 2. Avenue is now a 4, and my streak cut off at three with a "next time".

Cyclone

Starry Windy

Years
Negative on Rank 15; I got it with both my Join Avenue and a shop at Rank 2. Avenue is now a 4, and my streak cut off at three with a "next time".

Cyclone

Oh... I wonder if it has to do with number of shops? My shop happens to be 8 of them when my Avenue is in Rank 15.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Something weird happened to my Join Avenue today.
I recommended one of the people from DW who wants to go shopping to a Mart owned by a Nurse.
Then it started. Every shop got recommended by every other shop owner, in the end, all of my shops leveled up. xD

Mart > Fitness > Lottery > Antiques > another Mart > Florist > Cafe > Barber.

All of them got around 100-275 pts. It was cool. So cool xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
@Arlo~ Humble beginnings. Visits in the Dream World count as visitors. I have the game for 3 weeks now and my Avenue is Level 9.

Btw, your team is cool. I am using a Crobat and a Flaafy (which evolved just recently) on my team too :DD

Years
I love my Crobat and my Flaaffy. I got Crobat as a Zubat, intending him to only be for one gym, but he was so good in that gym, I had to keep him on my team. Now he's my main pokemon!

Forgot to go to Join Avenue yesterday, trying to coil-trade too >_<

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
My avenue is still only Lv1 :(
I only got the game 4 days ago, though!

My suggestion is to have one of every possible shop. No copies. That way you have more then a 90% shot of increasing popularity. Also if you can connect to people on the dream world thats a great way to get like 10+ people to visit you

I'm not sure if there is an additional benefit to having the gym leaders as shop owners. I just figured with 8 different shops, 8 different shop spots to build, 8 different gym leaders the game developers want you to use them. Plus the extra popularity of course.

Gym Leaders cant be used as shop owners. Ive looked

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I just reached rank 11 on my join avenue last night.
I'm trying to get to rank 15 as fast as I can to get the nursery.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've taken a little bit of a break from everything as I've now reached Opelucid City. I want to get the trading with Yancy unlocked, and then I can start collecting that material for the shop I hope to eventually open (for players who want them in the original B/W basically). I also figure it's time to make Keldeo take on its alternate form and start leveling it while working in Route 11 (which is slightly weaker than I'm used to). I have a lot of Pokémon to still find and Winter is almost over in-game!

Cyclone

Starry Windy

Years
I've got my second Join Avenue Shop Owners' FULL RECOMMENDATION SWEEP! (ends with Nursery with 206 popularity points) That's a nice treat as my New Year Gift, and it just a matter of 255 popularity left on my Nursery shop, I'll get a new promo week (my shops are mostly at Lv. 10 now)! Oh yeah, my Join Avenue is currently in Rank 43.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
My White 2 Join Avenue I think is on level 5, I'm not sure where all the visitors came from though! I've only communicated with myself once and with nobody else ever with White 2, so I'm guessing they're all just from the game, but that's a lot! I just have them call me by my in game name (Parker) and I think I say "Hi!"

I'll try joining this "Passing the Coil" thing later when I have the patience for connecting to Wifi :3

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
My Avenue is only Rank 2 (I only recently got Black 2) but I got it there pretty quickly with the "passing the coil" trick, so I'm glad I checked out this thread as soon as I got to Join Avenue! :] I already have a Barber, an Antique Store, a Raffle, and a Dojo! The Nursery sounds really cool and everything about Join Avenue seems really fun so far!

Back