• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
Bug alert! The fisherman on route 104 says the same text, but has no Magikarp. If you gave him a Magikarp, or edited his script, it would make more sense.

There's a few trainers in this situation, I didn't really see the need to edit their text as it's something that would go unnoticed for the majority of players. Plus I didn't know which trainers specified what Pokemon they were using.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
This is one of the BEST roms I have ever played.

However, ive run into a problem: my blaziken cry is distorted and crackles. I tried using VBA and a PSP emulator, but none of them solve the problem. Any idea on what might have happened?

Note that when I upgrade version, I always use the same .SAV . Is that the problem perhaps? Thanks a lot for making this ROM =DDDD !!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
Yeah, that is an option, but the game already runs at 60fps with sound, and this issue is kinda bugging me =( .

I tried replacing the cry using Advanced cry editor but no luck, the crackling is still there =,( . And I hate to see my beloved Blaziken have such a distorted cry =,((((.

Also, the save isn't an issue cause I checked it... sigh =/

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, that is an option, but the game already runs at 60fps with sound, and this issue is kinda bugging me =( .

I tried replacing the cry using Advanced cry editor but no luck, the crackling is still there =,( . And I hate to see my beloved Blaziken have such a distorted cry =,((((.

Also, the save isn't an issue cause I checked it... sigh =/

Unfortunately, for now this is something I cannot figure out to fix. It may have something to do with the ROM's coding which is unfixable, I have tried solutions but they haven't been successful.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Unfortunately, for now this is something I cannot figure out to fix. It may have something to do with the ROM's coding which is unfixable, I have tried solutions but they haven't been successful.

Actually, I heard this happen with another hack and it has the same problem with the exact same cries. Without breaking half of the rom, it can't be fixed. Something about A-Map didn't realize that empty space starts where it does in Emerald, and it results in that problem.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
This is a great hack and I am currently playing it for the second time. Thank you alot for doing this :-)

The only change-worthy thing I noticed so far: The traded Maworak is not obeying me anymore from lvl 30 on. It would be nice if the max level for traded Pokemon could be changed a bit, so you don't run into that areas that easily.
Usually I would have leveld it higher at the electricity-Gym and would use it now for the fire-Gym, where I am currently having some major difficulties.

Another thing just came to my mind. However, that would be a rather major change and might not be in your interest:
Being able to refight the gym-leaders any time you want. That would make grinding a bit easier for people like me, who arent that well with all the tactics and tricks that come into play at that level.

The first one would be nice, the second one is just a spontaneous proposal.
I've never taken the time to learn these things, so I don't know if its even possible.

Thanks again and greetings :-)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
This is a great hack and I am currently playing it for the second time. Thank you alot for doing this :-)

The only change-worthy thing I noticed so far: The traded Maworak is not obeying me anymore from lvl 30 on. It would be nice if the max level for traded Pokemon could be changed a bit, so you don't run into that areas that easily.
Usually I would have leveld it higher at the electricity-Gym and would use it now for the fire-Gym, where I am currently having some major difficulties.

Another thing just came to my mind. However, that would be a rather major change and might not be in your interest:
Being able to refight the gym-leaders any time you want. That would make grinding a bit easier for people like me, who arent that well with all the tactics and tricks that come into play at that level.

The first one would be nice, the second one is just a spontaneous proposal.
I've never taken the time to learn these things, so I don't know if its even possible.

Thanks again and greetings :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure there is anything to edit the maximum trade obeying level per badge and with only four trades in-game I didn't really think it would have that much of an effect to be quite honest.

With the rematches, when I first released this hack I had Gym Rematches for a good while at the Battle Frontier but they became corrupt in terms of scripting so I had to remove them. You can still use the Pokenav Match Call to re-battle them however and I'm currently in the middle of editing a lot of things on the ROM and I may add Elite Four rematches at the Battle Frontier for training purposes.

Alright, so initially I was planning on just editing the Gyms to make the game more stategic since there was no real structure to their teams. Since looking into the ROM and looking through the maps, I found a multitude of errors that needed to be sorted such as map, item, scripts etc. After 3 days of work I decided to make it Beta 8.0 rather than Beta 7.7 since there has been a lot done since the last release and due to the fact that it's kind of a big step up.
I have also added new images to the Media section.

The following has been altered/added; In order of importance:

• Complete overhaul of the Gym Leaders and Elite Fours in terms of movesets and items which are much more strategic with a few team changes here and there.
  • Elite Four rematches are now present at the Battle Frontier, you will find them in the house with the Signpost next to it.
  • Team Magma & Aqua Admins & Leaders now use more of their respected typing, which is Fire and Water. They also use stronger Pokemon with more tactical moves!
  • All rematch teams of Pokénav trainers that were previously unedited have now been edited. So their teams as you re battle them will be based upon their starting teams when you first battled them. Some trainers will go up to Level 70 and beyond which is great for training purposes.
  • The Elemental Stones (Fire, Water, Leaf & Thunder) have been relocated from the Fallarbour City Mart due to people missing out on the opportunity to take them; The new location is Lavaridge Town and the Fire Stone re-spawn should no longer occur.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Is there anywhere I can view which pokemon had their abilities altered?

Also, thanks for the update, this hack has been SO fun to play.

blue

gucci
Years
Is there anywhere I can view which pokemon had their abilities altered?

Also, thanks for the update, this hack has been SO fun to play.

There was a list originally but it must have been removed;

Nosepass now has the second ability Vital Spirit
Onix now has the ability Stench
Rhyhorn now has the ability Sturdy
Aron now has the ability Sand Stream
Machop now has the second ability Limber
Meditite now has the second ability Shed Skin
Heracross now has the second ability Pure Power
Makuhita now has the second ability Pressure
Ampharos now has the second ability Hustle
Magnemite & Magneton now has the second ability Levitate
Electrode now has the abilities CompoundEyes and Speed Boost
Electabuzz now has the second ability Volt Absorb
Lanturn now has the ability Swift Swim
Manectric now has the second ability Pure Power
Blissey now has the ability Sturdy
Granbull now has the second ability Trace
Slaking now has the second ability Pure Power
Kangaskhan now has the second ability Own Tempo
Tauros now has the abilities Pure Power and Speed Boost
Tropius now has the second ability Overgrow
Pelipper now has the second ability Torrent
Dodrio now has the ability Wonder Guard (subject to change if necessary)
Swellow now has the abilitiy Speed Boost
Alakazam now has the second ability Pressure
Gardevoir now has the ability Insomnia
Grumpig now has the second ability Pressure
Xatu now has the second ability Battle Armor
Starmie now has the second ability Swift Swim
Milotic now has the ability Drizzle
Ninetales now has the second ability Drougt
Camerupt now has the second ability Huge Power
Rapidash now has the second ability Speed Boost
Arcanine now has the second ability Flame Body
Houndoom now has the ability Drought

chen12

Game On!
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
hi just started this game, but I noticed that the download link under attachments seems to not work. Can you check that (and maybe re-upload it) I know there is a mediafire link, but still.

Thanks. Looks great.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
Im gna try out the new beta and give some feedback =) . 10ks for everything Suicune, ur awesome =DDD !!!!!

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
I'm glad there's another BETA, i'm interested to see how much better this already great hack can get.

First off, I'm a little afraid of some of the abilities some pokemon now have.

There was a list originally but it must have been removed;
Heracross now has the second ability Pure Power
Magnemite & Magneton now has the second ability Levitate
Slaking now has the second ability Pure Power
Tauros now has the abilities Pure Power and Speed Boost
Dodrio now has the ability Wonder Guard (subject to change if necessary)
Milotic now has the ability Drizzle
Houndoom now has the ability Drought

These are the main ones I think can be scary. Slaking with Pure Power is extremely terrifying; Norman will be almost impossible without overleveling. Tauros & Heracross are right behind it in terms of being completely overpowered. The others are mainly just exceedingly powerful.

I'll just make some personal suggestions. Not saying you have to follow them, but I figure I might as well say what I'd think would be cool to have in the game:

Give Ancientpower the treatment you gave Silver Wind; I realize that Rock Slide exists, and Bugs don't have the luxury of having too many good moves. But still... you could give it 15 pp, or 65-70 power.

Make the move Bounce more accurate or give it more pp; as is it's nearly unusable. 100 accuracy with 5-10 pp, or 90 accuracy with 10-15 would be nice.

This is more irrelevant but make Twineedle a base 35-45 move; only Beedrill knows it, but it gives it a good boost.

Make the fossil pokemon evolve sooner. It's a pain to have to get them all to 40 and not be all that amazing. Make them evolve at 25 or 30.

Shedinja- It could be just my rom, but Sheinja still has just 1 HP. IMO, If you wanna make it usable, you'll need to either give it some HP, or leave the HP as is and focus on it's speed, Attack, and Special Attack stats, abandoning it's Defense and Special Defense entirely. A better moveset would help as well

Maybe add better items in random locations. I understand giving items to gym leaders when you have no access to them makes the game way harder; but I think giving us a few of the better items as the game goes on would be interesting; finding something awesome like Leftovers in a Dive area, or in Victory Road would be awesome.
(You could put more of the move tutor moves you'd only get in the Battle Frontier in random places; Body Slam, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, elemental punches, etc. aren't so powerful that it would be unfair to place them somewhere before you beat the Elite Four)

And I know I said a lot, but again, this hack is awesome :)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Ampharos now has the second ability Hustle
I have so many questions looking at the list of abilities, but this makes me question things the most. What could someone possibly do with a hustle Amphy when it has such a small physical movepool?

Also levitate magnemite line just plain godmods it. But so do many other side ability changes.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I'm glad there's another BETA, i'm interested to see how much better this already great hack can get.

First off, I'm a little afraid of some of the abilities some pokemon now have.

These are the main ones I think can be scary. Slaking with Pure Power is extremely terrifying; Norman will be almost impossible without overleveling. Tauros & Heracross are right behind it in terms of being completely overpowered. The others are mainly just exceedingly powerful.

I'll just make some personal suggestions. Not saying you have to follow them, but I figure I might as well say what I'd think would be cool to have in the game:

Give Ancientpower the treatment you gave Silver Wind; I realize that Rock Slide exists, and Bugs don't have the luxury of having too many good moves. But still... you could give it 15 pp, or 65-70 power.

Make the move Bounce more accurate or give it more pp; as is it's nearly unusable. 100 accuracy with 5-10 pp, or 90 accuracy with 10-15 would be nice.

This is more irrelevant but make Twineedle a base 35-45 move; only Beedrill knows it, but it gives it a good boost.

Make the fossil pokemon evolve sooner. It's a pain to have to get them all to 40 and not be all that amazing. Make them evolve at 25 or 30.

Shedinja- It could be just my rom, but Sheinja still has just 1 HP. IMO, If you wanna make it usable, you'll need to either give it some HP, or leave the HP as is and focus on it's speed, Attack, and Special Attack stats, abandoning it's Defense and Special Defense entirely. A better moveset would help as well

Maybe add better items in random locations. I understand giving items to gym leaders when you have no access to them makes the game way harder; but I think giving us a few of the better items as the game goes on would be interesting; finding something awesome like Leftovers in a Dive area, or in Victory Road would be awesome.
(You could put more of the move tutor moves you'd only get in the Battle Frontier in random places; Body Slam, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, elemental punches, etc. aren't so powerful that it would be unfair to place them somewhere before you beat the Elite Four)

And I know I said a lot, but again, this hack is awesome :)

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

This list of abilities was from a few months back and when I actually looked at the abilities on the ROM I realised that none had been edited, so I went over them and I, myself noticed some seemed slightly unreasonable. I've been wary of the abilities since releasing them including a couple of the ones you've highlighted which is why I might need to re tweak and change/remove some of these abilities as I've had a few people commenting on them. However, I did change a couple since that list is slighty outdated. Slaking no longer has Pure Power but remains with it's original ability as Truant to give people a chance rather than getting demolished by Norman who is already tough, Dodrio now has Huge Power and the reason for this is to maxmise the potential of it's high Attack stat of 120 to make battles with those who use it such as Archie, Winona etc more difficult.

For the Magnemite line, I figured giving it an extra ability being Levitate it would make it more of a threat since I did want to up the difficulty of this hack, by doing this assuming you're battling a Magneton with the Levitate ability the x4 weakness to Ground is removed. I think the Speed Boost suits Tauros with it having a high Speed stat to give it that extra boost when battling Pokemon that usually outspeed it, Pure Power isn't really necessary in this case I'll admit. I have already substituted Heracross' Pure Power with CompoundEyes since it seemed more fitting for it. Milotic having Drizzle also seemed reasonable in my opinion since it can learn a great deal of Water Type moves and since when in Raining conditions, water type moves are boosted and Houndoom has Intimidate rather than Drought for obvious reasons.

I'll take suggestions on what could be substituted for the current list of Abilities if they seem too off the scale and I will also take any new submissions that could be applied to other Pokemon.

I have so many questions looking at the list of abilities, but this makes me question things the most. What could someone possibly do with a hustle Amphy when it has such a small physical movepool?

Also levitate magnemite line just plain godmods it. But so do many other side ability changes.

There are a few Abilities that have been changed but I'll be working on some more throughout the week to balance it out.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
So I've made some amendments to the abilities and tweaked a couple of movesets which have been updated in the General Changes Document. I will re-upload a little later.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey suicune, i've been playing this hack, and it's pretty challenging, so i'm going to give a shot for the new release, but now i rembembered something, which comes to a suggestion, if you're interested, i suggest you to change charizard type from fire/flying into fire/dragon and give him levitate as it's ability, since he only gets blaze in gen 3, and with that we can get some good moves for charizard, as well as stat boost for beign dragon type too, making him a worth choice, anyways, do you recomend me to start over or keep with my beta 7.6 save data?
EDIT: by any chance can you add a sun stone a little bit early like a moon stone near route 113 (i think), this time i want to tryout espeon, but it's kind of hard since to get one is like reaching the 4th gym, while for umbreon it was after beating wattson...

Back