• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mach or Acro Bike?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In RSE, we were had a choice between two bikes. Each bike had its advantages and disadvantages. The Mach Bike was really fast and kind of hard to control, but you could ride up muddy ledges, over faulty cracks in the ground in certain places, and you were graded on your performance on Cycling Road. Also makes hatching eggs go along quicker. The Acro Bike was more technical. While you couldn't go very fast, you could do various tricks like bunny hopping and poppin' wheelies. You could also ride over small rails.

So which bike do you prefer? Or which bike did you take first? I always choose the Mach Bike. I like being able to just glide through the region. And I can pretty much do Cycling Road blind, lmao.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I always do Mach Bike. I looooove speed.

This reminded me of a conversation I had at the dining hall with my friends once:
Friend 1: I need to get my bike fixed.
Friend 2: Well, there's a bike shop behind (insert building here)
Friend 1: Really?
Me: Yeah, and the bike shop is really slow on business, so they'll try to advertise by giving you a bike. But they have two different types, one goes fast but one does really sweet jumps...
Friend 1: THE ONE THAT JUMPS!
Friend 2: THE ONE THAT GOES FAST!

My life.jpg

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Gotta go fast!

...In other words, the Mach Bike. I quite like the Acro too but once I've explored all the places/not trying to exploit it to make finding Latios/Latias easier I prefer the speed boost. Of course, I remembr playing a version of the game with a bit of hax which allowed me to have both which was nice. =)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
The acro bike is just plain cooler, so I always use it, unless I actually need the mach bike. (Or I'm trying to do that speed challenge on cycling road. So hard D:)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday

Well, I alway choose Mach Bike first. But that's just so I can get up mud-slides. Once I can get everywhere, unless I'm doing the Cycling Road, I choose Acro Bike.

I don't really have a preference for either bicycle, and I love going fast, but the novelty of having the Acro Bike to do wheelies etc. means that I always end up with it in Emerald. That and the ability to cheat the Safari Zone step counter. Also, with Mach Bike I can't capture myself any new Phanpy.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
They are both good bikes, Mash Bike is useful for traveling and Acro Bike is useful for the S Zone counter :)

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
At first I was all about the Mach bike, but that thing just goes a little too fast- now I only use it when I need to go through Rayquaza's tower, or hatching an egg. I prefer the Acro bike now because it's actually pretty fun, haha.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
The Mach Bike was awesome because of its speed but that's about all it had going for it. It was always my first choice but the Acro Bike was just so much more useful so I tended to end up with that always in my items when I didn't really want it there and ran everywhere instead.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Well, the Mach is reallly fast and I usually choose it because of how impatient I am, but I can take the Acro off some sweet jumps. I can go like 3 feet in the air.

DoctorSlavic

Shotgun Doctor
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 23, 2011
Acro bike, because I don't much care for blasting forward like a jet always, and I prefer Heracross to Pinsir in the Safari Zone, and I have strangely found the Acro more useful then the Mach. Maybe I'm just a freak.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Mach bike because speed is amazing :D. /srsly

Sometimes, I also use the acro bike for the cool tricks :).

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Mach Bike because of the momentum that was one of the mechanics introduced in Third Generation.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I like speed, so Mach Bike all the way. The Acro Bike is cool, but stops being useful after you explore all of the spots that it's required for. Initially, I thought the Mach Bike was too hard to control. After a while, though, I got used to it. I was even able to do the Cycling road minigame without hitting anything (just once though).

Back