• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Starter Pokémon

Who is your Favorite R/S/E starter Pokémon?

• Mudkip

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Treecko

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Mudkip because when it evolves to Swampert you can use it to pwn all the Elite Four Pokemon :D

That's... so true
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

Nothing during the main storyline can touch Swampert except for the rival battle under Cycling Road.
ec20fb7f.gif

Years
Mine is definitely treecko, I always(like 95% of the time) pick him. He was just so good to use; quick, powerful and resourceful, that's how I would describe him. His evolution had the most appealing design to me. I've picked mudkip like 8 times, while torchic like 3 times. I always chose treecko mostly because he was the first grass starter that I ever really felt a bond with. Venusaur and Meganium were never too appealing for me. So when I saw this little guy, I just went nuts.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Torchic. I used it back in my first ever playthrough of the game, and Blaziken absolutely swept everything. There's a good reason it's banned to Ubers in competitive play.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Torchic. I used it back in my first ever playthrough of the game, and Blaziken absolutely swept everything. There's a good reason it's banned to Ubers in competitive play.

It wasn't banned until Gen V though. During the normal playthrough its so weak in the early game 'cause of the second gym and the rival. After you're done with May/Brendan, though, it's pretty much unstoppable.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Treecko. All the way. Actually, he's the only grass starter that I like, so I somehow got a special connection with him (If that makes any sense...). If I had to pick my favourite starter from ALL Gens, it would come down to Treecko or Oshawott, although Treecko would probably win :)

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
Years
Torchic. Evolves into Blaziken, which is like my favorite offensive Pokemon of all time~
Close second would be Mudkip. The first time I played Ruby (Still haven't beaten it at the time of this post) I picked a Mudkip, named it Jordan (meant to be a boy name), and it turned out to be a girl!!! :| I laughed so hard that day.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm always known for choosing a Grass Type at the start, and Treecko is no exception. I think it had a pretty good move base. Looked the coolest of the 3.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
My favorite is treeko, gotta love how cool it looks compared to the other two starters.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I really liked Treecko. It may not have been the cutest of all starters, but it was pretty cool-looking. And its second-stage evolution, Grovyle, looked even cooler. When Treecko finally evolved into Sceptile, it was able to get a major boost in its Speed and Attack. And after one Swords Dance, it had the chance to become a great physical sweeper—allowing it to wipe out your opponent's entire team single-handedly. d: The only thing bad about this Pokémon, though, was that it had a total of five weaknesses (fire, bug, poison, flying, and ice), which is a lot. But if you utilized Sceptile in a good way, then it should been able to overcome these weaknesses without any sort of issues.

Out the three starters, Torhic would have to be my second favorite. I just loved how adorable it looked, and the way that it stared at you with its shiny puppy eyes brought joy my heart in an instant. Plus, its final evo, Blaziken, had a variety of moves in its arsenal, which made it very useful when battling competitively. (:

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
Mudkip. When it reaches its final stade of evolution, the double type REALLY is a big advantadge. And, aside from that, I think Mudkip's the cutest.

magolor

hsssah!
Years
My first Pokemon game that I really got into was Pokemon Ruby; so, my first Pokemon ever was actually a Mudkip. I actually still have the file, and the Swampert... ah, good times. Hoenn remains my favorite generation. I wish they'd bring back Secret Bases!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 1, 2013
Treeko always looked the coolest. You didn't reap the maximum potential benefit of it until it evolved into Sceptile though, which was thrice as cool.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
My favorite from R\S\E are all the starters didn't understand ? ok here i tell -

1) in design my favorite is Treeko, Treeko looks the perfect for me cause he look like a really tough Guy he always being serious just like Snivy of Ash, i like that kind of Pokemon but the problem is Treeko is very very bad at attack just good at Special defense and Attack won't make it win the league right ? so from power and and winning way i am not gonna choose it though but if all the gym and league got ultimate easy (Just telling) so i will definitely choose Treeko and evolving it to Sceptile look awesome for me ;p

Torchic : Torchic is a great fire type Pokemon and the cutiest Pokemon though :P i would like to Alter any my other game starter with it (By trading ) for it type i like Fire type very very very much cause my first starter was Charmander in Leaf green (My first pokemon game in GEN 3) and also cause when it evolve to Blaziken it look great.

Mudkip : Cause i like the Pokemon who are good in Attack and mudkip is the strongest between all the starters. It has abounded my hearth with many glorious Victory over gym leader and League members i really like it.

So as you see all the way i like all of them. I really like the Pokemon that are very kindness (In anime) and other thing i like are just the thing i write in my above.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
My favorite starter has to be:
dancing-mudkip.gif

And not just because of the whole internet thing. When I got Pokémon Ruby (my first Advanced Generation game) I choose Mudkip. Mudkip/Swampert was the sole reason I was able to make it past the elite 4 and I have loved them ever since. I also really like Mudkip's design. It looks so cute. It also learns a lot of useful moves and being water/ground has its advantages. Gonna try and snag a Kip in my Pokémon Y when I get the chance, I want to have it along for the journey.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I did not read any messages. If i see one more person that syas: "I liek Mudkips" i swear to F'n god i will hunt you down and shove my GBA SP up your rectum so you can show me how much you "liek" mudkips.

But seriously....I hate mudkips. Every one of them.
I love Torchics though. It became fire\fighting before it was a thing.

I just saw the comment of the nice gyu above me. A message from me: Sleep.With.A.gun.

Back