• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Well I got another shiny target. I'm hatching spiritomb (with D), Abra(Sr), anddddd... the last one is a secret that only one person knows >_>

good job to everyone, and good luck

KissTheSkull656

Trainer
Years
I want to be in. I only have a shiny Dragonite and Charizard right now and I'm not so great at finding them but I love to try. Also, what are some shinies that are easier to find?

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I sure do Copy and Paste a lot...
Me at SPPf said:
Ever since I started shiny hunting again in May, my luck has been through the roof.

And yet again, my luck strikes!

The following occurred between 2:05 and 2:11 PM EST while I was soft resetting for Palkia and Aerodactyl simultaneously.

Alrighty, so I made the arbitrary decision on Diamond to chain for a shiny Growlithe. There really was no rhyme or reason to it; I was on IRC, and people were talking about Arcanine, and I thought I'd chain for my own shiny one with a good nature and IVs.

So I decided to go to PokeEarth, to see if it would be easier to chain for Growlithe on Route 201 or 202.

But FIRST because I'm so random, I went to the Kanto PokeEarth to see the encounter rate of Heracross in Pattern Bush...I don't know why, I just did! Turns out the encounter rate is 20%. After read that, I went to the Sinnoh PokeEarth, and was scrolling through the information for Route 201.

I look down at my GBA SP and my DS Lite. I find myself watching a Palkia scrolling across the screen. I also find myself looking at the summary of an Aerodactyl. And what do I see?

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...86574303645_1206924074_30572235_3016310_n.jpg

That. :D

It was taken with my cousin's (a different cousin) camera on his phone...sorry if the quality isn't too good. I was so surprised when I got it; I wasn't even expecting to get it at all! It just goes to show you that hunting for multiple shinies at once really does help...

Furthermore, sorry that I posted this so much later. I would have taken more pictures, but we had to leave soon after I got this to go get a haircut. If you guys want more pictures, just ask, and I'll take them.

I'm SOOO happy right now! :)

Good luck, everyone.

Next targets: Mewtwo on FR, Raikou on LG, and Growlithe on Diamond...unfortunately, Raikou will have to wait; I need to EV-train Smeargle, and that's going to take FOREVER, especially without PokeRus. :(

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
That's awesome FuFu, maybe I should try to SR for two shinies at the same time...

But not now since (my DS is still broken) I'm still hatching for a shiny Chimchar.

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
hi guys, congratz on the shinies lately, well last time my chains alway break, but i say MM say something about +1s , so i was wondering if someone could tell me what that means

thanks in advance: mathioks and good luck to everyone :D

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
I can understand that. Right now I'm trying for an Absol. I am just getting used to chaining but haven't had a single shiny chain yet. My highest chain is 27 so far.
Cool. It's freaking hard to chain on platinum >_> theres to many pokemon in one area. Absol is a sweet shiny =D. Good luck on it =3. I'm going for a secret shiny atm =O hatching ftw =P.

Evil Sonic

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
um can i join i caught 12 shiny nidorinas at the safari zone in Lg

12 shiny Nidorinas in a row? How?

You didn't use cheat codes did you, because that's impossible to get that many at the Safari and actually catch them all.

Years
I was thinking the same thing. So you got 12 RANDOM shinies in LG. I can see that, but the fact that they are all the same pokemon @_@.
Even I don't believe that, and I got all the roaming Pokemon!

Just an update on my hunting.
It has taken a back seat as I have waited to see if people have accepted my explanation about my epic hunting.

Also, I have been going to a lot of parties, as it has come to the end of the University year here. =]
My liver hates me!

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
I was thinking the same thing. So you got 12 RANDOM shinies in LG. I can see that, but the fact that they are all the same pokemon @_@.
That's not any different than the dude in the Trade forum who, today, made a Jirachi with Fly.

The Masuda method is painful and a ridiculous waste of time. I'm at 500, and my sister hit 1400, no shiny for either of us (I know what the odds are, but still). Most reports find 'em in the first 200.

I'm quickly playing through FR to start a Tangela hunt while I'm on vacation. It's not as mindless as SRing and a litte more fun.

Evil Sonic

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
That's not any different than the dude in the Trade forum who, today, made a Jirachi with Fly.

The Masuda method is painful and a ridiculous waste of time. I'm at 500, and my sister hit 1400, no shiny for either of us (I know what the odds are, but still). Most reports find 'em in the first 200.

I'm quickly playing through FR to start a Tangela hunt while I'm on vacation. It's not as mindless as SRing and a litte more fun.

It's not a waste of time because it actually works, are you two sure you are using Pokemon foreign to each other?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
It's not a waste of time because it actually works, are you two sure you are using Pokemon foreign to each other?
Of course it works. However, the luck of it is a bell curve. Most of the people should probably be around the 400 range (very rough estimate based on reports), but that doesn't mean there won't be people in the high end where it takes more than the odds-worth of eggs. Considering what you get out of a single shiny, the costs greatly outweigh the benefits in this case. The only use this method really has to begin with is Sweet Honey Tree pokemon (to a lesser extent), Safari Zone dwellers, and fish. Egg moves just aren't worth the hassle.

Years
KissTheSkull656: You may join.

ashua: You are withheld membership from the club until you explain the 12 Nidorinas. It's preferred if you can meet me on wi-fi, but an IV listing + Nature will do.

but i say MM say something about +1s
The Free+1 pattern. When you use the Pokéradar and the first three patches (1, 2, and 3-zones) have the wrong kind of shake, but the 4-zone patch has the correct kind of shake, the odds of the 4-zone patch continuing your chain are quite high. This is thanks to Bayes' Theorem. (It's even better still if

However, the luck of it is a bell curve.
It's actually a Poisson distribution. (Well, slightly approximate.) The right tail is much fatter than the left.

Most of the people should probably be around the 400 range (very rough estimate based on reports)
The median's actually 1,420 eggs. (Half take less, half take more.) Those who've gotten them in less than this were quite lucky.

I will chain Trapinch for the weather phase of the Circuit. I just want to move on to the next phase, so I'm passing on the Hoenn Desert possibility.

I've already brought my Jolly synch to Level 55 for this purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
The Free+1 pattern. When you use the Pokéradar and the first three patches (1, 2, and 3-zones) have the wrong kind of shake, but the 4-zone patch has the correct kind of shake, the odds of the 4-zone patch continuing your chain are quite high. This is thanks to Bayes' Theorem. (It's even better still if
thanks a lot :D that'll definitely help me when i'm back to chaining again, right now i'm training my team since i have a shiny gym in the ELGL

well good luck to everyone, and thanks again :D !!

Back