• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I still doubt Pokemon that evolve by Stone will evolve further. So very little to no chance of Clefable evolving further not to mention she's already the third form in an evolution.

Wow I'm smart and forgot about the existence of Igglybuff and Cleffa! Yeah, they're definitely not going to get evolutions then =P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Again, the two, other than being cactus Pokémon, don't look similar. Generation Five was meant to be a new beginning, so linking things to previous generations isn't going to happen, regardless how much people complain about how some Pokémon should be related.

However, I would still love a Cacturne evolution =P

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I just kind of wonder if Cryogonal will get either a pre-evolution or an evolved form? It would be rather interesting to see a new evolution of Cryogonal, knowing that it doesn't have a pre-evolution and doesn't evolve.

Either that, or a new form: what happens to Cryogonal in Sunny weather? Doesn't he melt? What would that look like?

By the way, how many of you have seen this? Words can't describe how much I want this to happen.

Lapras_Family_by_rustyyy.png

The Lapras pre-evo looks kind of like a Mew with a shell swimming…

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I'd love a Lapras evolution. Even with it's typing it's so slow that it can't do anything effectively. Even if we only boosted its speed through an evolution I'd be happy.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Do you think Dugtrio should get an evolution? I just checked and it has a base stat total of 405. Looks like it could do with a boost.

I would hope the evolution keeps the same face though.

They can always pull a Magneton to Magnezone and have them fuse into one body. Its weird, but has been done a few times. Beldum, Magneton, Exeggcute, etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Only want a Lapras evolution/pre-evolution if it looks like that, although baby Lapras will likely be similar to Shellos.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Bisharp evolution sounds promising. However, the Pawniard evolving into Bisharp is a reference to a pawn turning into Bishop in Chess. Going by that scenario, i see a Split-evo as pawns can turn into other pieces as well. They can do something interesting and make it have 4 split evolutions !

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would love to see an evolution for Farfetch'd, to make him more usable. Maybe let him become a Flying/Fighting type? That's be pretty cool.
And how about a Kangaskhan pre-evolution? Seems like it would fit since she carries a baby in her pouch all the time. Also a pre-evolution for Pinsir and Heracross would be cool.
And I'd love to see an Evolution and/or Pre-Evolution for Absol and Tropius. Just seems like something interesting :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Bisharp evolution sounds promising. However, the Pawniard evolving into Bisharp is a reference to a pawn turning into Bishop in Chess. Going by that scenario, i see a Split-evo as pawns can turn into other pieces as well. They can do something interesting and make it have 4 split evolutions !
By that vein, the male Pawn turns into a female Queen. That would be an interesting evolution...but it would be the strongest of all four.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018

This remind me of Pawnchessmon white and black in digimon, where White mega is Kingchessmon and black is Queenchessmon, both have similar pre-digivolution but in black and white.

Also I wonder how a Snorlax evo would look like, a Sumo Normal/Fighting ?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't think we'd ever see a Snorlax evolution, although some sumo-wrestler concept would be gloriously interesting. Just kinda goes against the whole Snorlax is lazy as crap thing =P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I don't think we'd ever see a Snorlax evolution, although some sumo-wrestler concept would be gloriously interesting. Just kinda goes against the whole Snorlax is lazy as crap thing =P

Maybe by giving him something or make him learn a certain move can evolve him into a Normal/Fighting, we only have Meloetta as Normal/Fighting.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just kinda goes against the whole Snorlax is lazy as crap thing =P

Well Slakoth is lazy as crap. Vigoroth is hyper active. Slaking is lazy as crap. XD

Evolution can change a great many things. Not to mention Munchlax is gluttonus but not that lazy. It evolves and now Sloth takes over gluttony....Maybe he can evolve into something greedy in the way that it dislikes sharing food since food is still a main concept in Snorlax's design XD Snorlax is a good example of the 7 deadly sins~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Not all Snorlax's are that lazy. :o

But yeah, maybe a Sumo Wrestler is a fine idea! Or maybe just a wrestler in general? Although.. maybe it'd be kind of weird to have a pokemon with a large amount of fat, suddenly grows muscles in evolution? However, yes.. then again, evolution can work in strange and mysterious ways~!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Although seeing what a Snorlax Evolution would look like, i love his personality and design too much to see him evolve into a Fighting Machine...i love him jsut the way he is.
But i think there are many other Pokemon that could still have a (Pre-)Evolution, like Absol, Tropius, Minun and Plusle, Heracross and Pinsir, maybe even Miltank and Tauros :D

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Not all Snorlax's are that lazy. :o

But yeah, maybe a Sumo Wrestler is a fine idea! Or maybe just a wrestler in general? Although.. maybe it'd be kind of weird to have a pokemon with a large amount of fat, suddenly grows muscles in evolution? However, yes.. then again, evolution can work in strange and mysterious ways~!

Snorlax spend the majority of their time sleeping, surviving on their stored fat. Many Snorlax only awaken once a month, spending their waking time finding more food.

From Bulbapedia. So I'd consider that pretty lazy =P

I'd actually like to see a pre-evolution for Plusle and Minun to share, maybe something that would be neutral, and then would evolve into either one based on stats or something.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I wonder if they would give something like Lapras TWO pre-evolutions.

The problem is that so far all pre-evolutions have been obtained by using incenses and couldn't breed... so what would happen to the middle one? Would it simply breed its own species and also require the same incense to get the earliest stage?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wonder if they would give something like Lapras TWO pre-evolutions.

The problem is that so far all pre-evolutions have been obtained by using incenses and couldn't breed... so what would happen to the middle one? Would it simply breed its own species and also require the same incense to get the earliest stage?

I'm seriously confused by what you are saying.

all of the Pre-evos made aren't all Incense babies. Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Elekid, Magby, and Smoochum are manditory babies. They are automatically bred when you breed a female from their family. Tyrogue needs ditto but is forced without incense. Gen 3+ are the Incense babies.

Incense babies can only be bred with incense and are the lowest form of an evolutionary line. It can't be a stage 1 or second form. If the Stage 1 is bred without an incense it breed what ever it was. Like say breed Roselia without Rose incense, you get roselia. With Rose incense you get Budew.

Back