• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best non-Legendary Pokemon(s)

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
I know there are pokemon with combo loops like Misdreavous (and maybe Wobuffet I think). If there is anything else I'm missing, let me know.

But I think Dragonite is the best you can get without being Legendary due to his good stats and an overall ability to learn so many different moves.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
Gen 1: Dragonite. Bad ass who just pisses everyone off with wrap. Paralyzing alot of stuff early game and then sending this guy in just allows him to wrap everything inches from a win and then finnishing it off with hyperbeam or ice beam (i also usually run thunderbolt too contrary to most peoples agility or whatevs). If the guy is toxified too that just makes it even better.

Gen 2:Id say misdreavous if pretty demonic due to the whole mean look perish song deal thats semi popular in gen 2. It also isnt weak to psychic types like gengar. I also am a lover of destiny bond (realy pisses people off). Pain splitt and confuse ray are pretty nice too, especially when youre trying to stall while you wait for the perish song count to go down (of course protect is cool too).

Contrary to that ive always loved gengar and ninetails. They serve as a great late game sweeper in my opinion. I usually run my teams by paralyzing everything i can for the most part and then sending in them two late game to confuse and clean up everything.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Gen 1 Gengar was my favorite non-legendary. He just kicked everyone into next Tuesday.
Gen 2 I'd have to say Kingdra was my go to pokemon non-legendary (especially in Gold)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My favorite Gen I Pokemon are Jolteon, Parasect, Venonat, Arcanine, Eevee, Starmie, and Charmeleon. Favorite gen II Pokemon are Umbreon, Smeargle, Quilava, Furret, Bellossom, Tyranitar, Flaaffy, and Noctowl. I think it'd take too long to explain my reasons for them all, haha.

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
My Favorite Pokémon non legendary gen I is Growlithe/Arcanine because i would like fire type pokémon

Years
Back in the first gen games, Hypno and Kadabra (wasn't able to trade for an Alakazam) were two of my most powerful non-Legendaries, mostly thanks to the way that Psychic types were overpowered in RBY. Dragonite was, of course, pretty good too.

When the second gen came around I found myself using Umbreon, Heracross and Tyranitar a lot. The first two might not've been the very best, but Tyranitar was always able to sweep teams single handedly for me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Dragonite, man that was a hard Pokemon to beat. I also loved nidoqueen/king & Arcanine.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Dragonite in the 1st generation of course xD
Alakazam in the 2nd generation with Psychic, Thunderpunch, Firepunch and Icepunch {<3}

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
when a certain unpopular Pokemon are given enough love, they will evolve to an amazing one.... yes, I am talking about Crobat, I mean, look at it's speed. Not to mention it is really cool

bigjon357

i loved tentacruel in blue, he won me so many competition battles i was the toughest trainer in my subdivision^-^ i also liked gengar^-^

ConnorMac

PC's Resident Muse Fan
Years
Gengar was really good in Gen 1, loved him. The Dewgong you get in that trade (Cezanne!) grew to be pretty overpowered!

Gen 2, I loved Typhlosion. Strong and quick.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Gen 1 - Chansey. She had ridiculous special bulk and still decent physical bulk.
Gen 2 - Tyranitar. Even without sand stream, STAB Rock Slide still hurts when coming off 134 base attack, and base 95 Special Attack was actually really good back then.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Houndour was always a favourite of mine, probs cause he looked cool

Gen 1 Haunter, I wasn't able to trade I never had the cable but he was always solid to use if you understand that kind of

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I liked Tyranitar and Snorlax; they both made you cry "no more, no more" plus they were beast. Dragonite was boss too.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Arcanine, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Alakazam...there are a lot of near-legendary Pokemon in Gen I and Gen II that were absolutely amazing to use in-game.

Years
Gen 1: Starmie, so versatile, with the right moveset it can super-effective against 10 out of the 15 Gen 1 Types. With a 100 base Special and 115 base Speed, in R/B/Y it can 2HKO pretty much every Pokemon.
Gen 2: Umbreon, dat BULK. With maxed out EVs in the early gens it can have a decent attack stat, it's defenses are off the charts, and immune to quite possibly the most powerful type in the game at the time, Psychic. Plus it's just so badass and cool looking, especially when shiny.

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
Years
Gen2 : Tauros --> Great speed, Attack , HP , and great bulk , I loved him !!
Starmie --> Amazing speed, great Att.spe , I loved him too !!
Kingdra --> Amazing bulk, great defenses , great att.spe , correct speed

Also Tyranitar, Alakazam , Gengar of course , and others that i forgot to mention !

Years
Gen I: Psychic types were extremely overpowered, so naturally Pokemon like Alakazam were the best to use.
Gen II: My personal favorite would be Feraligatr, but Tyranitar is just a beast.

Back