• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity Assassin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Assassin

Welcome to The Pokecommunity's first ever game of Assassin, brought to you by The Brotherhood ([supporter]Bloodex[/supporter], [supporter]PEDRO12[/supporter]).

Assassination is an art form. It is something that requires stealth. It requires espionage. And it requires commitment. If you feel like you have these traits, then consider entering this competition of sorts. If you're not sure, but want to have a little fun, enter as well. The Brotherhood is looking for Pokecommunity's first assassin, and we have devised this little competition to find this man or woman of killer instinct. Here is how this competition will work.

Assassin Registration Form:
Name: ________________________
Timezone in UTC (click here if you need assistance):​

The Rules:
  • First and foremost, anyone who wishes to enter the competition must fill out the form above with his or her name and timezone and PM it to all members of The Brotherhood. For example, if User X who lived in New York wanted to play, his form would look like this:
    Spoiler:
    DO NOT post your entry in this thread, as people will know to watch out for you, and put you in an immediate disadvantage. You have until April 6th at 8:00 PM EST (or 8:00 UTC -4) to register. A good assassin knows to show up.
  • Each contestant MUST allow VMs and PMs to their profile to be toggled to "Public" as the Brotherhood must be able to make contact. A good assassin can communicate with their masters.
  • Each assassin will be randomly assigned a target via PM, and they must kill that target. That is his or her primary objective. At the end of everyday (the day will end at 8:00 PM), each assassin will be assigned a brand new target. An assassin can only have one target at any given time. A good assassin can keep track of his assigned target.
  • The only acceptable kill method is as follows:
    Spoiler:
  • The target does have a chance to save him or herself, but only has 5 minutes from the kill attempt to do so. The following is how they can prevent dying:
    Spoiler:
  • If you successfully manage to kill a target, you must do the following:
    Spoiler:
  • If you failed to kill your target/If you managed to save yourself, abide by the following:
    Spoiler:
  • The day will end at 8:00 PM EST. No more killing can occur until the targets have been reassigned. Please have all kills reported to The Brotherhood by 8:30 PM EST so we can assign the new as soon as possible and also post up the Dead List. Keep in mind, you can only try to kill your target for the day. You cannot try to kill your target from the day before.
  • Keep in mind that we are looking for the best assassin. If you fail to kill anyone in 3 days, you will automatically be killed off by The Brotherhood.
  • A good assassin is brave and not scared of dying. If you fail to post anything in the forums in 3 days, you will be killed off by The Brotherhood.

I'm well aware that the rules seem daunting, but please, read them. Aside from your fingers, the rules are your key way to stay alive for this. Also, keep this in mind: the person with the most kills per day will get a nice gift that will aid them in their hunt to become Pokecommunity's next top assassin.

This game might sound serious (it is to The Brotherhood!) but make sure you have fun. Keep in mind, the winner and runner-up will get prizes, and everyone who competes might get something nice as well.

So that's it folks. Let the games begin. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in this thread.

The battle has begun.

The Brotherhood wishes you the best of luck.

Important clarification on a rule:
  • There's been some confusion with what posts you are able to use to kill your target. Posts made after April 6th at 8:00 PM EST (the day the competition started) are the ones that are eligible. However, this is not a day to day thing, where posts made on a particular day are only good for that day. The idea is that the longer you survive, the more opportunities there are to kill you. For example, if you made a post on April 6th at 9:00 PM and are alive on April 13th, you're target is able to use that April 6th post to kill you, provided no one has posted after you. The longer you're in this game, the more cautious you will have to be. If you have any confusion about this, PM the Brotherhood immediately.
  • Earlier, a mass PM was sent out explaining the above bullet. Please note that not everyone in that mass PM was playing. We included people who weren't playing to achieve two things: 1)send the message out as rapidly as possible while at the same time 2)preventing as much knowledge as to who was playing from being made evident.

Final Four Free For All
The four of you have made it this far in the competition. You all have a spectacular array of kills under your belt, and you all are oh so close to winning. But only one may have the title of Pokecommunity's Assassin. This is the Final Four Free For All. Pedro and I wish you the best of luck. And the final four are:

Regeneration (2 kills)

雷影 イチロ (Raikage Ichiro; 6 kills)

Jake♫ (1 kill)

Retro Bug (2 kills)

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Rest In Peace

They fought valiantly. And they died valiantly. May our little assassins rest in peace in the otherworld.

Day One
These 7 brave assassins put their lives on the line, and sadly it cost them. However, due to the absence of a clear MVP for the day, two of these assassins managed to cheat death and are still in the game! Be wary fellow assassins! For now, may these assassins rest in peace.
  • DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
  • -DeepImpact-
  • Regeneration
  • Pachy
  • Retro Bug
  • SNOR(es)LAX
  • Somniac

Day Two
These three assassin's made it to the second day, but ultimately met their fate. Kudos to them for surviving the initial blood bath/being revived! Due to the absence of an MVP yet again, one dead assassin (from either today or day one) will be randomly selected to be revived!
  • SNOR(es)LAX (second death)
  • Retro Bug (second death)
  • BinaryPeaches

Day Three
These three warriors were killed off by one person, today's MVP. They tried their hardest, but unfortunately Day Three's MVP decided to go Super Sayian. May these three assassin rest in peace in the other world. Props for making it to Day Three!
  • synerjee
  • ThatWhiteKid
  • JNathan

Day Three MVP: 雷影 イチロ (Perks: Wild Card Kill, Healing Wish)

Day Four
They made it four days into the competition, and almost made it into the top five. Sadly, they fell short, but they made an impact. RIP little assassins.
  • hinkage
  • Element0

Day Five
Our one death today proved to be a clever, sly, and slick little assassin, but was ultimately caught in the end. May you rest in peace.
  • LilJz1234

Day Six
Hey look at that. No one died!

Day Seven
We are saddened to report the loss of two members, one who had to withdraw due to prior engagements. Regeneration and 雷影 イチロ, you two will be missed.
  • Regeneration
  • 雷影 イチロ

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I also wanted to stress that we would much appreciate it if you could PM your Assassin Registration Form to all members of the Brotherhood, we want to have similar contestant lists up until the point where we distribute everyone into the competition.

Thanks~

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
The applications are pouring in at a steady rate, and all progress so far has been good. We're still accepting people who want to play, so by all means, please join. And tell your friends!

That being said, this thread need not be occupied by only Pedro and I. People who are and are not playing can by all means simply discuss the competition and anything related to the games. Possibly strategies, sneaky tactics, or even just comment about the games itself. Keep in mind that posting doesn't automatically make you a contestant in our eyes nor anyone elses! Assassins may be sneaky, but they know how to have fun. =D

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Looks interesting to say the least.

Well even if I don't sign up now atleast I know what will be happening when people randomly start saying 'DIE SOMNIAC' after all my posts.

</3

Edit: I'll make some emblems for you guys to use once you reach 5pages/3months if you promise not to send assassins after me.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Three months? Don't think the competition's going to last that long. But thanks for offering to make emblems! <3

Edit: Assassins never keep their promises, sorry. They lie. :c

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Three months? Don't think the competition's going to last that long. But thanks for offering to make emblems! <3

Edit: Assassins never keep their promises, sorry. They lie. :c

I had a derp, it's only clubs which have to be around for 3 months before getting emblem abilities. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I ... didn't even know that about clubs wow.

Excited to see the outcome of this game. Since it kinda of had more to do with just Other Trivia and such. /popcorn.gifs Sadly, I cannot offer to make an emblem because lack of a computer (and I have to admit that I'm not very .. quick in making emblems aha...) but yeah.

Years
I ... didn't even know that about clubs wow.

Excited to see the outcome of this game. Since it kinda of had more to do with just Other Trivia and such. /popcorn.gifs Sadly, I cannot offer to make an emblem because lack of a computer (and I have to admit that I'm not very .. quick in making emblems aha...) but yeah.
Woof! Emblem artisan right here!

Also, can people proxy assassinate each other? :p jk.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Please don't proxy kill each other. :c

You're more than welcome to lie about playing, though, obviously. Or you can be gutsy and stupid and publicize the fact that you're playing. Or you can throw everyone off and pretend to be playing when you're really not. =D

Honest

Hi!
Years
It's been done! Perhaps you can find a person to assist you in scheming something like that. You never know. Haha. Anyways, guys. There are two days left to register.

That is

2 DAYS

Please, please, please. To make this the best first game ever, sign up if you have not already, because in all honesty, the more people there are, the more insane this game becomes. Please your Brotherhood, and you will be rewarded!

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
There is just over 24 hours to register for the competition! I've gotten a few PMs in the last few hours. If you wish to play, make sure you PM The Brotherhood.

It has almost begun... [/ominous music in background]

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm unfortunately too busy to play this properly (if I signed up, I'd definitely be the first one assassinated!) but I look forward to how this all turns out! :D

Honest

Hi!
Years
Alright folks, there are four hours left to register for this. If you have any doubts or have delayed your entry, it is crucial that we get your registration form. Otherwise, you will have to watch from the sidelines.

Anyhow, the following is for the people who are playing: Around 8:00 PM EST, everyone will receive a PM from either Pedro or myself. The PM will consist of your target's username, whom you must kill. As soon as you receive the PM, you may begin killing. Keep in mind to follow the rules in the first post. It's a good idea to know what you're doing after all. I shall be back here in exactly 4 hours to begin the competition.

Honest

Hi!
Years
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED

Assassins! In the next few minutes, you will receive a PM with your target! As soon as you do, the games are on. If an assassin did not receive a PM by this time, PM me IMMEDIATELY.

Remember, only posts, VMs, and blog comments made after this time are eligible for killing. You have 24 hours to assassinate your target.

Good luck, and may the best assassin win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back