• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reapers: Keepers of the Balance (M) [Most Original 1Q '13]

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 2 - Mission Over

"Its a pleasure to meet you, Camillia," Masato responded, as he saw that she was talking without moving her lips. How was that possible? He shoved that thought to the back of his mind as he focused on her other statement. "You work with poisons, I take it? Are you familiar with making any healing potions? From the looks of it, we both seem to need it," he kinda chuckled, as he slightly winced from his injuries.

He again went to the balcony to see if he could find any clues as to where the Harbinger went. Again, after searching for a while, he found nothing out of place. He went back to the new arrival with a look of trepidation. "He's gone," he reported, "Its like he just disappeared. Whoever he was, though, I have a feeling he'll be back. And he'll be a lot stronger."

Masato concentrated, opening a portal nearby that would take them back to Limbo. "We'd better report back about the mission. Maybe next time, we'd be able to fully complete a mission together." He realized what he just said and smirked, "Forgive me. This was my first mission to actually work with someone."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 2 - Mission End

Telepathy
Thoughts

"Its a pleasure to meet you, Camillia," Masato replied, and though he didn't say anything she knew he noticed how she spoke and wondered why but decided not to ask. "You work with poisons, I take it? Are you familiar with making any healing potions? From the looks of it, we both seem to need it,"

Camillia shrugged slightly as she followed Masato to the balcony "He's gone, its like he just disappeared. Whoever he was, though, I have a feeling he'll be back. And he'll be a lot stronger." Masato concentrated and a portal opened nearby that would return them to Limbo. "We'd better report back about the mission. Maybe next time, we'd be able to fully complete a mission together." he smirked "Forgive me. This was my first mission to actually work with someone."

I have skill with healing potions, I can make them, but my real strength lies with poisons she smiled slightly. I feel I owe you an explanation of my telepathy. Before I was a Reaper, I was part of the Salem Witch Trials. My tongue was cut out so I couldn't cast any spells she frowned It deeply offends me that I'm not even mentioned in the history of the Trials at all she shook her head. anyway, we should probably head back, and I can mix up a healing potion quickly for the both of us

Last edited:

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 2 - Reporting In

Masato nods to her, thinking about her mode of communication. "I've heard of some people have that ability," he mused, "but this is the first time I've met someone that could do that." With that being said, he entered the portal, appearing nearby where the Grims would be waiting for their report. He waited for Camillia to come through before closing the portal.

He went and reported about the mission and the Harbinger that they fought. Afterwards, he found Camillia and nodded to her. "Whenever you're ready," he told her, "I'll follow you." He looked at her injuries. They, luckily, weren't as damaging as his. He was glad he got to her when he did. He was sure she could defend herself, but as tough as their foe was, they could've been worse off.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 2 - Healing Potions

Telepathy
Thoughts

"I've heard of some people have that ability, but this is the first time I've met someone that could do that." he entered the portal after he spoke and Camillia followed him. After she went through Masato closed the portal and then reported to the Grims on their mission. "Whenever you're ready, I'll follow you." he looked at her injuries and she nodded.

My place isn't far from here, and the potions won't take that long she turned and limped towards her house, it didn't take that long to get there and she entered closing the door after Masato. go ahead and take a seat. She turned to her fireplace and put the larger pot over the flames filling it with water. So, how long have you been a Reaper Masato. If you don't mind me asking she sat down in her rocking chair near her collection of herbs and grabbed the herbs needed to make her healing potion and started to grind them together.

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 2

Masato followed Camillia to her house, walking in behind her. As she shut the door, he noted their surroundings. It was a nice place, nothing like his own house, which was kinda barren save a few appliances and a bed. She allowed him to have a seat, which he did so quickly. He was always ready to follow through with orders, an attitude he hadn't been able to shake. As she got a few herbs ready, she asked him how long he had been a reaper. He, of course, didn't mind talking to others.

"Well," he started, "I've been a reaper for almost 4 centuries. Before that, I was a trained ninja assassin, taught in the ways of the Iga and Koga clans. However, I was impetuous and brought shame to my family. I was exiled, hiding in the mountains, before I was brought in." He walked forward and sat nearby her, placing a hand on her shoulder. He closed his eyes and used his healing ability just a little, before he got too groggy. He already saw some of her wounds disappearing before his hand slipped off her shoulder, already making him dizzier and weaker. "I had almost forgot I can do that," he said to her, his breathing heavier than before, "I figured that may help you save some herbs."

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years

Chapter info.

Missions:
x Find source of abnormal magic readings
•Neutralize the source
•Return to Limbo safely

Partners:
•Destiny (Nakuzumi)

Healthy

New York City, New York, United States of America, Earth

Kalek Noire
Chapter 2
Part Three

Kalek shook his head, and followed after Destiny, his broadsword clinking in its scabbard. He had no problem keeping up with the other Reaper, even if it meant that he disrupted others in the large crowd of New York City's pedestrians.

Kalek, now that it had been brought to his attention, did detect a faint signature, but he could not pinpoint the location... His eyes drifted back to the cove, and locked on to the ship. He really could be there much faster his way, but he'd follow Destiny for now. She most likely wasn't able to pass through this urban jungle. She hadn't been trained in the first urban jungle, Rome. That he knew for sure. She was much too old for that.

Fixed Float!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 2

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia nodded as he said he had been around 4 centuries, before that he had been a trained ninja assassin. Before he walked to her and put a hand on her shoulder and healed her slightly. Though she noticed he was breathing heavier. Putting down what she was holding she stood and helped him back to his seat. I have something that should help a little while I make this potion. she smiled slightly and left the room. She went to her room first and changed into her normal clothing her blue and gold 16th century Tudor Style gown and slipped on her blue flats taking her hair down before grabbing the potion she had mentioned and going back to the other room.

Here this will help she handed it to him and then went to the fireplace adding the crushed herbs to the boiling water and mixing them. I've been a reaper for 321 years. Moved from London to Salem in 1692, was there for only a few weeks before I was accused of witchcraft and found guilty. she frowned looking at the wall which traced the line of one Edward Kenton. My revenge is sworn on that man's line for what he did

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 2

Masato took the bottle from her and nodded his thanks to her before drinking the entire contents. He set the bottle back down as he already felt a little better, his breathing getting easier and some of the smaller cuts disappearing. He noted her attire and the fact that she let her hair down. She looked very pretty dressed up like that. He quickly started paying attention to more of her background.

She was speaking about moving to London and being tried again for witchcraft. How unusual, being attacked twice publically for being a witch. "Its very unusual," he began, "to be treated that way for having a great talent. In my culture, true, we were scared of people with abilities that we never understood. However, it was how the talent was used that would cause the person to be feared or revered." He stared into the fire as he spoke, wondering how harsh her culture must've been.

He then looked up to the picture on the wall, hearing her words about revenge on his bloodline. It made him curious, but the last thing he wanted was to make Camillia mad, especially with her being this hospitable to him. "If you don't mind me asking, what did he do to cause such anger within you to exact vengeance on his families?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter -

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camilliia shrugged. The people of Salem, they feared what they could not understand. Many innocent people were killed during the trials. I was actually brought to Limbo the night before I was to be hung at Dawn she mixed the potion as it brewed. Your culture may not have treated people like that, but the British did. There is plenty of information on the Salem Witch Trials, but never once will you find mention of me she frowned more as the potion turned to a green color and she used her magic to start the cooling process.

Looking back at the wall she smirked. Edward Kenton was the mayor of Salem's son. He caught me about to experiment with a ritual I had made, to try to contact the spirits that I saw and sensed around me. she grabbed a ladle and several bottles and started to fill them with the completed potion. Because of him I was found guilty, my tongue was cut out and I was sentenced to death she turned to Masato and handed him one of the bottles of potion before drinking another sighing as she felt her injuries heal before she sat back in her chair. You could say Masato that I am the type who holds grudges.

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 2

He quickly drank the potion, which worked instantly. As he felt himself getting healed, he listened to her story. So not only was he responsible for mutilating her by removing her tongue, but she wasn't remembered by history. He nodded his agreement to her as he sat in silence, listening to her. He felt a little sorry for her.

"Stigmas from the past are hard to shake," he commented, searching for a parallel that could help him understand better, but to no avail. "I just wish I knew what I could do to help." He looked to Camillia and another question popped up in his mind. "What will you do," he asked, "when you finish your task? I know you'll complete it soon enough, but what will happen afterwards?" He asked purely out of curiosity, not trying to get her angry.

He stood up and stretched, his eyes affixed to the painting of that man that caused her so much pain. How much more would she do?

Years

Adrian Frode

Adrian struggled to remain on his feet as he prepared to face another onslaught from Calder, this was his last stand and quite probably his last few moment alive and he would be damned if he wasn't going to go down fighting. He took in the landscape around him as best as he could with his blurred vision admiring the rawness of the red desert - many would have hated the environment there but Adrian found it uniquely beautiful. Adrian returned his full attention to his enemy when he heard the arrogant harbinger taunting him
"Hello? Mr Deadman? Are you still in there?"
"Of course" Adrian forced himself to reply, returning his full attention to his enemy - another thing he wasn't going to do was show weakness... or fear. That would be the only victory he could manage in his circumstances and he wasn't going to let the harbinger take that from him too.

"Well, hurry up Calder. I don't have all day."
"You certainly don't" laughed the harbinger as , much to Adrian's disbelief, he returned his sword to his scabbard and redrew his bow, quickly knocking an arrow and launching it at Adrian. Adrian swung his blade up in a messy loop, his arm heavy and swore from exhaustion, barely fast enough to deflect the arrow.
"What the hell..." Adrian knew that Calder could easily have finished him in one more sword attack, why was he switching to his bow again - he'd already disproved Adrian's theory of him being primarily a long-ranged attacker clearly being equally, if not more, skilled at swordplay. The answer was quick enough to form in the Reapers mind
He's toying with me, he knows full well I've lost and he's playing games with me. It's like he's trying to send a message, but to who? Spencer and I? Just me? The Grims? Or am I reading to much into a sadistic lunatic determined to throw the world out of balance? Either way, if he wants me to go down he's going to have to come here and do it face-to-face... I just wish I had enough left in me for a spell.

Again there was the twang of the bow as an arrow flew at Adrian and again he deflected the projectile with a messy swipe of his blade. As Calder reached for another arrow Adrian took the time to glance behind him at Spencer - his comrade was on his feet and fighting bravely, but it was plain to Adrian that he wasn't much better of than himself. The sound of another arrow brought Adrian's attention back to his own dilemma. It was flying for Adrian's head, right between his eyes. the reaper raised his sword again to deflect the arrow only to find that it was pulsating with a white light
Oh no... why'd he have to choose now to pull a spell like that?
Adrian dove to his left as the arrow exploded in a bright white flash sending shards of wood and steel in all directions. Adrian was thrown back to the ground as the shrapnel dug into his clothes and skin leaving thin lines of blood dripping down his body. But a plan of action was beginning to form, an act of defiance that would at least give Spencer a chance to escape and go after the demon... or retreat if he didn't have the strength. Shaking uncontrollably Adrian climbed to his feet more determined than ever
Even if I lose, you're going to regret messing with me.

Calder loosed a pair of explosive arrows at Adrian who again dove to his left, taking damage from the shrapnel again as he forced himself back on to his feat.
"You know, I'm glad we had a better marksman than you on our side when we wrecked that warehouse of yours." he taunted his opponent, playing on his arrogance "What were you guys even doing in there? I didn't know harbingers liked to throw tea parties, does the boss let you use real tea or do you have to use tap water like a six-year-old?"
"You won't be so funny with an arrow sticking out of your head!" Adrian laughed, he didn't for a second expect a cold hearted person like Calder to care for the dead harbingers, and definitely not for the vampire army they were amassing there - but the insult towards being a harbinger he wouldn't take. A single arrow, pulsating a brighter colour than the previous ones, flew for Adrian who again dived to his left - being thrown even further by the stronger blast, but thankfully experiencing less shrapnel damage as more of the arrow had been completely destroyed by the explosion. Adrian took a chance to glance behind him
Perfect.

Another explosive arrow flew for Adrian, but he had other ideas. Using the last of his strength Adrian swivelled around in a burst of speed and hit the base of the arrow hard with the flat of his blade as if it were a base ball - dropping the sword in the process and falling to his knees as he completed a full rotation. The arrow that he had hit flew straight towards the female harbinger, who Adrian hoped would not be able to deflect it. The act cost him though as he no longer had the motor control to hold his sword. But he was still determined to go down standing tall, he dug the balls of his feet into the sand and using his hands pushed himself shakily to his feet.
"Well... C-Come on then. Hurry up."

Adrian heard the sliding of a sword from a scabbard as the world seemed to darken and blur in front of his eyes and in the next instant he felt an intense pain as Calder drove his sword straight through his stomach and slowly withdrew it to maximise his pain.

Adrian's vision went completely black as he fell to the side and rolled onto his back, a pool of blood gathering below him and seeping into the sand... and yet in that darkness his mind was still there. He wasn't dead yet, but it was likely he would be if he didn't get healed by someone very skilled in a short amount of time.
I only wish I could have a better view than darkness...

(OOC: Whilst I personally think this was fine, I'm going to apologize to anyone who thinks this post may have been too graphic.)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Destiny Saviouer :: NYC Harbor, NY, USA, Earth
Chapter Two :: Arrival

Destiny took one last dive through the crowd, breaking free into the cove. Not once had she bothered to look behind her to check on Kalek; she could sense the Reaper following her. Regardless, if he couldn't keep up then he was in no state to face this mission. A crowd of New Yorkers was the least of their worries.

Destiny took a deep breath, inhaling the ocean breeze. Granted, it had its share of pollution and was slightly revolting because of that, but it was still a pleasant experience. Compared to the bland feeling of Limbo, it was heaven.

In that breath, Destiny also scanned for the powerful souls in the area. As she had suspected, the more powerful Atlantean spirit had arrived before them. It was time for interception.

"Kalek, get ready. I have a feeling we'll be seeing our targets fairly soon." Destiny readied her hand, feeling the beginnings of her Spirit Scythe starting to form near her palms. The harbor was a big place, but it was decently well exposed. It would be no issue to locate their targets.

The only issue was the people. No place in New York City was completely deserted. There were people everywhere. If a fight ensued, there was a good chance that a civilian could be harmed or killed.

Destiny took a few steps forward, allowing her aura to flare around her. She could feel the auras of their targets and Kalek begin to blossom, reacting to her own. It was bound to get their targets' attentions, at least.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Luka Sokolov - Chapter 2-3: Not a Failure!

"Again? Damn, kid. Keep breakin' your limbs every day and you'll have a full set in less than a week!" Luka scowled at Dr. Krieg's comment. If he didn't usually find them funny when he was injured, why would he think any different this time when he had the weight of a failed mission on his shoulders? Krieg simply continued with his ramblings, though. "Well at least this time all you did was break it instead of completely shattering it." Krieg began the process of getting the bone back into the leg and in its proper place, Luka wincing as he did so. Regardless, Luka was infinitely glad that the doctor's numbing spell was much more effective than his own. After about half an hour, Luka got permission to leave. He thanked the doctor as he made a witty remark about how soon it would be until Luka's eventual return, then jogged on his way to report to the Grim Reapers.

Luka solemnly gave his report, keeping his head down to avoid what would definitely be glares of disappointment. When he finished, he was dismissed with no comment from the Grim Reapers. Shoulders slumped, Luka began the return trip to his home. Why didn't they say anything? Luka thought. If they'd scolded or punished me then at least I'd know how they felt about it, but this? This is even worse! For all I know, they were thinking what a sorry excuse for a reaper I am... shaking his head forcefully, Luka tried to change the focus of his thoughts. NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE! It can't be true... Luka clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, breaking into a sprint. If it is... if it is then I'll make it untrue. Luka finally made it home, entering quickly and slamming the door. Immediately, he removed his coat and shirt and threw himself onto the floor, beginning to do push ups, thinking to himself, I won't be a failure... I won't be a failure... He continued until his left arm began to burn with pain, then kept going. When it got to the point when he could no longer support his own weight with it, he switched to one-armed push ups, the arm already so exhausted that it trembled and shook under his weight.

Eventually, Luka collapsed. His arms felt like they were on fire and he could barely even lift them. Even so, he got up and stepped outside where he began to run. Thinking out loud, he said, "No matter what... I swear that I will not... FAIL ANOTHER MISSION!" Luka ran and ran until he struggled to even breathe. His sides now felt the same pain as his arms, and his legs felt like jelly. He could tell that he was probably overexerting his recently recovered leg, but he didn't care. When it felt like he could run no more, he pushed his body even further to make it back home. Upon making it back, he collapsed on the floor, his body ignoring his brain's commands to move. Luka waited a moment and took a deep breath, then began to lift his upper body in a futile attempt to do sit-ups. The pain was intense at this point. He considered casting the numbing spell again, but decided "No pain, no gain." After having fallen back to the floor, he tried again. Move, MOVE! He struggled, but to no avail. Luka laid there, breathing heavily. It's no use, he thought, but I can still... He let himself stay there for a few moments before he crawled his way towards his crossbow. Aiming it towards a bulls-eye target on the wall, he fired the bow. The arrow landed two rings outside the bulls-eye. He tried to reload the weapon, but he couldn't even accomplish that.

Damn it... Luka stayed there on the floor doing nothing besides looking up at the ceiling. After he regained his composure, he said out loud, "I forgot...my body doesn't...handle these little temper tantrums well." This wasn't the first time he had done this sort of thing, but it was the first time he had gone so far with it as to miss that badly on the board. Such terrible aim was sort of a wake up call for him, when he was bad at the thing he did best. Looking over at a cupboard by his bed, he crawled and inched his way toward it until he made it, fishing out one of the bottles given to him by Dr. Krieg after the incident in the warehouse. He downed it quickly and soon felt it take effect, his muscles recovering. After stretching and moving his limbs around a little, he stepped towards his crossbow. "Hotheadedness and precision," he reloaded and fired the arrow, "usually don't mix." Bulls-eye. He continued the rest of his training routine with a level head. It was true that another failure would not be tolerated, but he remembered the consequences of letting himself fall prey to the panics brought about by... those sorts of thoughts. He was aware that excessive strain did more harm than good, and he remembered that now, so he would make a greater effort to keep calm now in his quest to become stronger.

"Next mission I won't miss a single target, especially if their name happens to be Attano."​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter 2

Telepathy
Thoughts

His line is almost gone. Only a few remain, and they've all been raised on stories of the spirit of a witch that would come after them when they were older. she said. The only mercy is that I don't kill them when they are children. as Masato said he wish he knew what he could do to help she smiled slightly. Help is not needed, but it was nice of you to offer.

Though his next question made her stop for a moment and think. I've never really thought of that she frowned. I've never thought of that actually. For 321 years I've been after his line, normally leaving one alive so I can continue for as long as I wish to before I completely end it She stood from her chair and put her sword up were it went on the wall before grabbing some more healing herbs. What about you Masato? If you don't mind me asking, why were you exiled?

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 2

"What about you Masato? If you don't mind me asking, why were you exiled?"

As Camillia said those words, Masato watched her put her sword away before grabbing more healing herbs. He thought back to that day, almost ready to tell her no. However, she DID talk about her situation to him. It was only fair that he responded in kind. Besides, she didn't seem like the kind that would judge him for it. He smiled at her, "I don't mind in the least. I just hope you're prepared for a kind of long story."

He sat back down, recounting those days that led him to being a reaper. "I was raised by my father to be a bodyguard for the head of our village, who was trained by the Iga ninja. However, I wanted to see what the world was like. I didn't want to be stuck seeing the same people for the rest of my life, especially since we had visitors from other regions frequent the village. When a group of Koga ninja took up residency for a few days before embarking on a mission, I struck out on my own. They trained me some, as well, so I was well-rounded in my techniques. I managed to steal an extra uniform from the Koga and went with them to Shimabura castle."

He stared into the fire as he spoke, "The Koga were hired to liberate the castle from a group of people they called Christians. They were doing some pretty awful things to the residents there. I was sent to sneak in for reconnaissance, but I had another come with me in case we were discovered. Eventually, we were found and we had to flee, but my partner was wounded. I wanted to come to his aid, but we were completely out-numbered. I had barely escaped with my life, while my partner died by their blades. When I reported back, I was eventually exiled from the Koga. They said that I had endangered the lives of the entire group now that the Christians knew we were involved. I tried to explain, but they wouldn't listen to me."

He shook his head, trying to shake away those thoughts. Focusing on here and now, he leaned back into his chair and sighed, "So now you know what had happened. It was referred to as the Shimabura Rebellion. I, also, wasn't mentioned in history, but its probably for the best."

Years

Adrian Frode

Adrian lied there in the dirt, oblivious to the world around him as his life slowly seeped from him. It was strange but in that instance there was no fear, no battles between harbingers and reapers and no more responsibility to the balance. Half of Adrian was still fighting the darkness that pressed in on him whilst the other accepted the silence and the tranquillity and the strange sense of freedom it provided him. At first he felt as though his mind was going but for a moment he was experiencing a strange moment of clarity. He'd been through a lot in his life - fighting in wars both human and supernatural but he had always had a cause that he strove for. At first it was his homeland and then it was the balance of the multi-verse - and especially of Earth.

But am I ready to stop fighting? Adrian thought to himself in the solitude of his own mind... he had lost the battle and accepted his fate but he was now feeling something else welling up inside of him as he fell into a true state of unconsciousness, determination.
No I'm not ready to stop, I'm going to pay Calder back from this and I'm going to continue serving the Reapers.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Spencer - Chapter 2

------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer dashed at the girl harbinger with an extreme burst of speed and swung his fist at her, which she blocked with her forearm easily and shrugged it off like it was nothing. She stared at him with empty eyes and countered with a heel drop in the form of a quick flip before Spencer could follow up, sending him back into the sand back where he had started. As he hit the ground, he felt his bones crack loudly like a group of tree branches being snapped. He struggled to his feet and lost his balance, falling to his face. It seemed pointless but he couldn't give up yet. His eyesight was fading away and his consciousness was slowly seeping away and soon every last bit of the energy inside of him would be sucked out of him and leave him like this desert. Unwanted, dry, and scorching in the sun.

He couldn't lose this fight at all. Even if it meant putting it all on the line. He had already lost in not being able to peacefully take her back but he couldn't allow himself to be emotionally and physically beaten. Not now. Not ever. That would make his entire life meaningless. He had questions that weren't answered and a companion with him. Yeah... if he lost then Adrian would have to put up with Spencer's own problems and he couldn't allow that.

He tried to put all of his being into his battle effort. For a moment, his eyesight was sharp and he couldn't feel his injuries. His body and mind seemed to have a different reaction than his body. Soon everything turned into a blur again and he was running on nothing but willpower. No, his job wasn't to win the fight, it was to not give up and back down, even if it meant death or fighting a long and pointless, one-sided fight.

Spencer got to his feet once more and walked towards the female harbinger in a zombie-like state, his pupils reduced and a slight moan escaped his lips before he roared conjured up a mass amount of his physical energy and will into a single attack. He zipped through the air once more, causing a sonic boom and grabbed her by the shoulders.

She laughed at his efforts and gathered energy in her forehead. The attack was obviously a last ditch effort, whatever it was. Spencer leaned the upper portion of his body back and the female harbinger swore out loud before Spencer bashed his head right into her's. A sound similar to 2 pieces of metal crashing into each other escaped upon impact. Spencer fell down in this movement and the female harbinger's body line drove through the sand, leaving a 20 meter trail in the sand behind her. Blood soared through the air and neither of the two moved for at least a minute.

Sand began to settle from the attack and the sun continued to blaze upon the fighters. Not a sound escaped from either of the two until the female harbinger rose to her feet with small cut on her face. She walked over to Spencer and spat on him. She then raised her foot and brought it down on his face with impressive force and Spencer endured what he could. His arm was gashed and his face was covered in blood. He was tired, but he couldn't quit...

~____________________________________________~

Spencer's body rose in a broken fashion, almost as if he was a marionette. He seized a handful of sand and swung weakly at the girl, who stepped aside and laughed at him.

"You're in a pitiful state! To think I was worried you were going to be on the offense after that attack!"

She jabbed at his face, which caused him to stumbled back and he walked back to her. She responded in the same manner and this went on and on until the last time she swung at him, Spencer let his body fall before the hit could land and he windmill kicked her off her feet. She managed to land on her back and leaped up before Spencer swung his fist at her with fast reaction time from both of the combatants but instead of planting a punch, Spencer threw sand into her face.

"My eyes!" she staggered back and clutched her eyes, trying to wipe the sand out. He was getting more resilient. "Stop with the dirty tricks and give up!" she said in an upset manner.

Her eyes just cleared up before Specher clutched her by the neck and struck her in the stomach with excessive force, causing the female harbinger's body to crumple but she took no physical damage. She seemed angry but she definitely wasn't going all out yet. She got up and wiped herself off just in time to see Spencer picking up more sand and swung her arm at him from a distance, causing a wave of air to compress and strike him in his head, causing him to stumble back. She saw Spencer clutch his head and laughed at him.

"You don't have any attacks like that, do you?" she laughed derisively with a weak voice. "I'm not letting you use the sand like that anymore."

She walked over to him as he still clutched his head and prepared her air compression attack once more while holding out her left palm.

"Sayonara." she said as the energy finished gathering and just before she fired, Spencer flicked the contents of his hand at her face: Blood.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Camillia Abbott -chapter -

Telepathy
Thoughts

"So now you know what had happened. It was referred to as the Shimabura Rebellion. I, also, wasn't mentioned in history, but its probably for the best."

Camillia nodded in thought as she mixed the herbs for extra potions. It seemed the Church had a past for doing things. She hadn't heard of Shimabura Rebellion in her time, but had read about it in the mortal world in recent years. Religions have had their problems through time, it was a big factor in Salem. she stood again putting clean water in another pot and putting it over the fire. Some people just fear what they can not understand she shrugged setting the herbs aside and brushing her curls out of her face. I do wonder if anyone else had the same trouble we had on our mission?

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Spencer - Chapter 2

------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Spencer could make his move, an explosive arrow, deflected by Adrian, had struck the female harbinger square in the back. The detonation had caught Spencer entirely off guard although he managed to easily recover from the explosion, which sent the female harbinger soaring up in the sky. This was also partially due to the compressed air releasing itself on it's suer as well.

Spencer frowned as he saw that Adrian was down soon after he had sent the arrow, giving him time to either fight the other Reaper or Run. Had he planned to let just Spencer escape or something. Regardless, killing the two Reapers was not the overall objective of the Harbingers. This was bigger than just them, for sure. There was no way such strong people would appear on such a minor mission without some ulterior motive. Regardless he couldn't waste any time. With as much of the energy he could summon, he dashed towards Adrian and knew that they had to escape. Sure Adrian might've meant for just Spencer to escape, but Spencer wouldn't leave him like this. Not ever. Even if they had just met, this man was his comrade and together they would find the cause of what caused this mission to go haywire. As Spencer reached Adrian, the albino archer fired a normal arrow at him but missing his target as a warning shot.

"I can tell just by looking at you that you aren't capable of leaving here by your own means. Your dimension-hopping skills are non-present. Even if you did have that ability, your condition would keep you from doing anything." the albino harbinger thought he had everything figured out but he was wrong. Spencer reached in his pocket and grinned at the male harbinger.

"Heads or Tails?" Spencer said with a mocking grin on his face. He raised his hand out of his pocket to reveal his coin. The archer gave him a bewildered look before laughing down at him just before Spencer flipped it and as soon as it returned to his hand, he clutched Adrian just as they began to teleport. Everything sped up around them.

The two of them arrived in another spot of the same desert, far away from both their objective and the harbinger. They couldn't stay for long but the least he could do was give Adrian a choice. To be frank, he didn't believe they would be capable of finishing this mission. Either way, they had some time before the Harbingers would arrive.

Years

Adrian Frode

Adrian returned to conciousness with a jolt as he hit the patch of hot desert sand hard and rolled onto his back. His body felt heavy, like he'd never move again almost, and he was still bleeding but somehow the impact had briefly jarred him into an awakened state.
Where am I? Adrian considered the texture of the ground, the dryness of the air and the intense heat and it soon dawned on him he was probably still in the desert somewhere. He forced his eyes open a crack to see that Spencer was by him but there was no sign of the harbingers... unfortunately they were in a different location suggesting that they had fled.

Adrian groaned loudly, the sun hurting his eyes, before forcing himself to speak
"uh... I... I'm gon-na t-take it that we got our asses handed to us and r-ran" he struggled to get the words out but it was important to communicate. He would have killed for telepathy at that moment.
He fell silent again, dragging his nearly limp hand onto his wound and applying as much pressure as he could in his weakened state.
"We are in no condition to fight these two, nor go after the demon" he was managing to get the words out easier now, but he could feel himself slowly slipping away again.
"We need to get back to Limbo, report our failure to the Grims - who I'm sure will be pleased" he added the joke to lighten the mood and help not just Spencer, but himself cope with the situation "they'll send a larger response team down here to kill the demon and look for any signs of the har-"

Adrian was cut off by the sudden appearance of two figures not too far away. The harbingers had found them far quicker than could have been anticipated.
"Now would be a good time for doing that" he said grabbing Spencer's leg as the two sped towards them and pouring his very being into dimension hopping them to limbo.

In an instant the heat was gone but the dryness of the air remained. It was clear to Adrian he'd managed to get them out of there.
"Get us healed, then go report." was all he managed to say as he fell back into unconsciousness his heart was barely beating and his breathing was weak and shallow. Healing was definitely a priority.

Back