• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Yeah Ludicolo certainly doesn't seem that tough, it's just... it doesn't seem like something found early on. On the other hand, Lotad wouldn't really be appropriate but Lombre does seem like a good middle ground.
I don't think Ludicolo would be out of the question either. Lombre evolves a 14 and then all he would need is a Water Stone so Ludicolo would probably be around the mid 20s. Not out of the question since last gen Gardenia had a Roserade and that was at Gym 2. And that was quite the powerful pokemon imo. Then following that Maylene had a Lucario. So with all that I think Ludicolo would be perfectly find pending he is indeed third in line.

Considering how it's usually the last gym (well RSE had two:Norman and Wallace/Juan) it'll proably be him or her who is restricted. Though come to think about it Unova in BW was quite restricted compared to HgSs. I'm hoping this time around it's not.
If Shizui is the last gym than he'll have a similar position as Wallace/ Juan which if you look at Unova a lot of the gym leaders have positions from previous regions, like Brycen to both Candice and the old guy from Johto. Then there's Skyla who is sixth like Skyla. Also if you switch around Burgh and Lenora's orders you get them to match Bugsy and Witney...seriously GF needs to add dark to add some variety to these gyms.
Kind of doubt Shizui is the last gym. If anything I get the feeling it will be Iris. Old guy is Pryce. And the person you called Skyla Skyla is Winona. I have a strong feeling the Burgh may go to Nacrene but position won't be flipped backwards imo.

So Homika is second we're now figuring out the order, so far I've got:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

My reason for N being a Gym leader is because he played such an important role in Black & White, to just send him off without any relation to B2W2 would be awful. The reason why I think he'd be a gym leader is because I don't see him playing the same role in Team Plasma as he did in BW but more of a changed person after the realisation of his mistakes, I meaan it is 2 years later so anything can happen over that period of time.
Only thing with N is that he is missing. Being a gym leader I don't see how he could be missing if he is the head of a gym. N can still play an important role without being a gym leader. He can be like the Lance and Steven on generations past and assist you against the Plasma factions. Which would lead him to still another pivotal role.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, I guess with the third place in mind it doesn't seem that bad, just if he was second like we speculated that would be awkward, but given what has happened in the past, yeah it makes sense.

Also I agree. N as a gym leader would make no sense whatsoever. He had practically no interaction with the gym leaders in B/W so kinda giving him that role would seem out of place in comparison to others that may fit better.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
N as a gym leader would be wierd, but if so he wouldn't be the first one regarded missing, thoughout RGBFrLg most didn't knew where Giovanni went to.
Also my guess is that the rest of the gym leaders are the old ones returning, though I'm fine with only having 3 or 4 out of the 8 be new.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Shizui is most likely the 5th or 6th gym only because of the sheer distince from the starter city

Elesa is most likely 4th because on the new map it looks two cities/towns from homika's town(the industrial town in the south west

N would NEVER be a gym leader(slap me if he does become one)
He has too big of a role to resort to be just a gym leader

Years
N becoming a gym leader would proably end up like Cheren did, lost of epicness...seriously who uses Patrat for a gym battle, he would've been better off using a underleveled Watchog.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Here's my thoughts on what the gym leaders should be ordered:

1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.)Shizui?
4.)Elesa
5.)Clay?
6.)Skyla
7.)Brycen
8.) Drayden, Iris/ Replacement

The maps are hard to tell on what gyms could be the same or different, but all we can do now is speculate.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Shizui is most likely the 5th or 6th gym only because of the sheer distince from the starter city

Elesa is most likely 4th because on the new map it looks two cities/towns from homika's town(the industrial town in the south west

N would NEVER be a gym leader(slap me if he does become one)
He has too big of a role to resort to be just a gym leader
I dunno about 5th or 6th. There is plenty of Water in the area around the starter town that wouldn't role out an adequate place for a Water Gym.

I agree with N, if they use him as a Gym Leader his role in this game is underutilized. We need all the loose ends tied up, not him being a leader of some gym. Sure he can be a leader, but I think the would greatly detract from what they could do if he wasn't

N becoming a gym leader would proably end up like Cheren did, lost of epicness...seriously who uses Patrat for a gym battle, he would've been better off using a underleveled Watchog.
Cheren may not end up so bad though. If he was anything like he was in the trailer then I don't think we have a whole lot to fret about. If he helps the protag and rival periodically and we see him progress that would be nice. Then of course there is always the rematches which I am sure he will get a nice boost from.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dunno about 5th or 6th. There is plenty of Water in the area around the starter town that wouldn't role out an adequate place for a Water Gym.

Most of the info why he's in Undella is because of how the Gym and its surroundings look. Cheren would be in the City After the starter town and Homika would be in the port city after that leaving a Gym in Castella which doesn't fit Shizui's location of tropical beach.

Only visible location that fits is the area where Undella is in Black and White. There are just too many unknown factors right now to accurately come to any real conclusion.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
True, Undella did seem to be the only beach area town. Guess we will have to wait until farther confirmation.

Curious about Cheren though is. Does he need to be relegated to a specific city? It already seems he is battling out side, so if he has no "official" gym set up then I wonder if he could be an actual traveling gym leader? Doubtful though since I believe it was mentioned he was head of the training school or something to that nature.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
It would be amazing to have a Gym Leader in the game that travels other than remaining in the gym 24/7. n___n; Though Black and White did slide a few to be of some importance, I'd like to see more of that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Imagine a Gym Leader with the same rough coding as a Roaming Legendary Pokemon. Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It would be amazing to have a Gym Leader in the game that travels other than remaining in the gym 24/7. n___n; Though Black and White did slide a few to be of some importance, I'd like to see more of that.
Agreeing with this. Black and White compared to previous games really gave some of the Gym Leaders a little bit larger of a role than just sitting in their gyms waiting for us to challenge them. It wasn't a whole lot, but it was definitely more than what other Gym Leaders ever got. I'm hoping B2W2 expands on this some more, which it seems they are based on what we've seen so far.

Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.
I miss them! They made leveling up much easier when you needed some quick battles, especially when they got to their higher levels.

My dream for Gym Leaders one day is that instead of having them programmed to be in their gyms where you challenge them for your badge, instead you meet them along your journey at various points and get to challenge them officially outside of their gyms. For example, and using Elesaas a reference, instead of challenging her in her Gym, you run into her spending time at one of the various locations within Nimbasa City and challenge her there instead. I just feel like it's a lot more fun that way and refreshing. It doesn't have to be that way for every Gym Leader, but some or most would be nice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Imagine a Gym Leader with the same rough coding as a Roaming Legendary Pokemon. Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.

That would be pretty boss, actually.
Like, he/she has many battling facilities in the region, you can battle him/her for mini prizes, and then, finally, you get to battle officially for the badge! Maybe that person could be the last Gym Leader! That would be amazing! 8DD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Kind of like HGSS were you meet up the gym leaders too get their numbers. I would love too see something like that expect applied in a different sort of fashion.

I would absolutely love that. If they can do it with all of them and the rival I don't see why they couldn't implement that into the gym leaders.

Years
I'm guessing that Shizui's town might actually be somewhere north to Undella as the place doesn't exactly look like Undella. It might be east of the beach north of the gate to Undella in a new area like the starter city.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm guessing that Shizui's town might actually be somewhere north to Undella as the place doesn't exactly look like Undella. It might be east of the beach north of the gate to Undella in a new area like the starter city.

Of course, Undella Town could have upgraded in the past two years. I mean, if you think about it, all we've seen are cabins on the water and a boat, that couldn't take more than two years to complete! Plus, they did have that giant mansion there in the first place. That rich family could have sold it and given it to Shizui, and he made it into a gym after expanding it a bit.

Years
There's a cave though which Undella and the known area around it lacked, which makes me think that it's a totally new area added near the known areas, and if so that might make him one of the last gym leaders if the ones from the towns inbetween aren't missing.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
This image from the Anime:
OPJ15.png

Show's Shizui and in Ash is meant to be travelling to East Unova in the series so this could support Shizui's Gym being in Undella. However Homika's Gym seems to be close to Iccirus in the Anime so this suggestion could be invalid.

Also, it looks like we'll only be getting Homika and Shizui as new Gym Leaders. I wanted more.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This image from the Anime:
OPJ15.png

Show's Shizui and in Ash is meant to be travelling to East Unova in the series so this could support Shizui's Gym being in Undella. However Homika's Gym seems to be close to Iccirus in the Anime so this suggestion could be invalid.

Also, it looks like we'll only be getting Homika and Shizui as new Gym Leaders. I wanted more.

They don't say where Tachiwaki City is in the Anime, and the characters have been known to travel unreasonable distances in filler episodes between Gym Battles.

Though the Anime location isn't always the same as the Game Location, look at Seafoam islands which was a Resort Island town near Pallet Town.

When they decided to go to Tachiwaki City after hearing that the Oplecid City Gym was closed (much to Iris's Satisfaction), the group it taken in by a Butler into a Limo for Cylan's Sommilier Showdown. They are seen at the end of the Anime in the Limo, so its very possible they took the Limo back towards Nimbasa or Castella where they would then go to Tachiwaki City.

They say that they are going to the Eastern part for Best Wishes 2 but they never say from which entrance they go. Seeing as the group completely bypass the Dragon Gym City, I can at least assume that they went through the lower gate to Easter Unova, met with Dawn and Cynthia that way and travel upwards through the Easter while Ash trains the last three months on that side while participating in the Tournament until they reach Lancousa town or what ever town they decide to end it in before they get to the route that leads to the Unova League.

Ya Anime part is a little off topic, but as to my general hypothesis as to how the map may be set up, it goes hand in hand. Shizui being in eastern Unova can still hint as to which area he belongs.

Years
I do beleive he is in the east, maybe somewhere in the area between Undella and Lancousa, which might explain it's apperance in that part of the anime...then again they tend to be wrong...
Could the Opelucid gym being close symbol that it's still the last gym in games (saving the last for last).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back