• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Majora's Mask Discussion Thread (aka the world is ending)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I don't think any natural disasters or anything of the sort will happen, but I think people will incite their own chaos, especially in the middle east where it's already bad. So I think around this time it will be the end of the world as we know it, politically and culturally, but not literally.

(Especially if Romney wins. :/ )

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Eh, I'm still going to opt for either humanity blowing itself up, or the sun becoming a red giant and engulfing the earth. In which the latter mankind would probably be extinct already.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I hate to sit on your religion, but is God really a person? Surely his omnipotence would inspire a more extravagant form. Like a dragon, or a planet.

I rather not answer that, since as Razor Leaf said that's way off topic.
I don't believe the 2012 disaster in the slightest, and can't wait to see all the commotion on the internet on the 22nd, but surely if they actually did predict all those things, it wouldn't just be a coincidence. Think of how many days they could have supposedly predicted that such disasters would happen, yet getting so many right. Just doesn't really sound plausible in the slightest.

But yeah, I don't believe in their predictions, neither do I believe in this rumour.

I don't exactly remember if they did or did not predict certain disasters, but I probably shouldn't have said they were coincidences if true. I believe they're just myths that they predicted the disasters.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Yeah, the mayans predicting 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and the 2011 earthquake of Japan is giving me a looooooooooot of "BULL****"-vibes.

Mostly since I've never seen any mention of that before. I'm going to assume some random internet weirdo made it up.

I mean, if we put aside that they never had any doomsday prophets. Let's just say they actually predicted some disasters.

Why would the give a damn about 9/11, a hurricane hitting the US and an yet another earthquake hitting Japan? That has nothing to do with them. And there have been so many more serious disasters than those. I'm not intending to belittle 9/11 here, but it wasn't THAT big if you compare it to other catastrophes. And would definitely not be to the Mayans.

Anyway, how can people believe the Mayans successfully predicted random catastrophes in the 21st century, but couldn't predict their own downfall and the coming of the Spanish, who caused absolute mayhem for all people involved?

Years
if the only 'proof' we have for this happening is a more primitive race of people believing that their gods would destroy the world I don't see why anyone would believe this

especially as they believe that the world has already been killed and reborn again with the same intervals (this being the fourth world) and we know the universe / Earth to be far older than what they say, so their view of the universe (or Earth) being destroyed at the end of their calendar is obviously incorrect

I'm no Maya buff so I may be getting some of the facts wrong so feel free to correct me if I have done so

p.s. the race of people are called the Maya, Mayan is an adjective to describe things pertaining to the Maya so stop referring to them as Mayans

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I dont think anything will happen ... but if it did it would really suck. Im just now beginning to live my life.. i wouldnt want it to end... especially so soon! Just over a month! :c

Years
I believe that nuclear war will end us all. All one needs is a nutjob getting his hands on the material needed and the balls to launch a nuke. Then the retaliation will begin, probably launching more nukes. And I figure you all get the idea.

Right now, Iran is worrying me since they don't like Israel and they might be developing a nuclear weapon despite what they say. Plus Israel won't hesitate to retaliate against a possible Iran attack and there might be others jumping into the mix with a nuclear capability.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2012
i always thought that was the aztecs@Pokestick, good times.

.Skylight.

Through & Beyond
Years
The fact that this is predicted to happen sucks because I have not begun to live my life. This "dooms day" seems very unrealistic and is mot likely not going to happen. As I recall, this isn't the first, the second, or the third time they tried to predict the end of the world. Our world is going to end because of a calender or predicted belief? Most likely not. New era, new beginning, I see no reason why it should mean the death of our planet.

The two logical explanations to this planets end would be the death of our sun and possibly global warming. (still not entirely sure on that matter) If this does happen, I might want to be in the air rather than the ground.

Years
if the only 'proof' we have for this happening is a more primitive race of people believing that their gods would destroy the world I don't see why anyone would believe this

especially as they believe that the world has already been killed and reborn again with the same intervals (this being the fourth world) and we know the universe / Earth to be far older than what they say, so their view of the universe (or Earth) being destroyed at the end of their calendar is obviously incorrect

I'm no Maya buff so I may be getting some of the facts wrong so feel free to correct me if I have done so

p.s. the race of people are called the Maya, Mayan is an adjective to describe things pertaining to the Maya so stop referring to them as Mayans

The Mayan Calendar goes on and on and on for eternity, it's just the 5,000 year cycle (so this happened many times already and will continue to happen) that happens to end on the 21st. That's really it.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
I'll be too busy counting the number of Christmas presents in my big black bag to care about end-of-the-world theories. I think there will be no end to the world, maybe an end to the world as we know it, but I believe the Earth will never die. It seems we as the human race have been manipulated to believe that this or that will happen on this day. We're stuck with ideas that have never done us any good, but we believe it to be the truth. As a result, we are so rigid in our way of thinking that we reject, mock, discredit, or even try to silence any new ideas, thoughts, and suggestions because we think "that's too crazy to be true." Well, I've learned that we as human beings have the ability to turn thoughts into things. Only a very small percent of the world's population know how to properly do that though, which is why it is subject to much criticism and controversy. It's been kept secret, but it's always been there.

There's an old quote from someone who studied the mind for years:

"We think in secret and it comes to pass. Environment is but our looking glass."

If people want to argue over what will happen on "doomsday," you go ahead and knock yourselves out. :) I on the other hand will worry about my life and what I can do to improve it. Nobody likes thinking about doomsday, so why do it? Why not think about Christmas? Do people really know if the world's going to end? I think it's time to snap out of it and learn to take control of our own lives and our own minds again. My life has improved greatly since I changed the way I think a year ago.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
I think it was Dawkins who originally said this, anyway. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It's not often that I use quotes in discussions since I don't think they really mean anything special just because they were said by a famous person, but this one sums up my thoughts on being open-minded about realllllly ridiculous things such as this. d:

LOL, it's actually in my sig.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
The world will not end because the AVGN movie is being released in 2013.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
The world won't end. And if it does... what does being right mean anyway? We're all still dead. Doomsday theories are funny... People should focus on actual issues instead of wasting time on concepts that have, time and time again, proven to be breathtakingly false.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Geologically Speaking, the planet itself is extremely unstable. Global Warming, Volcanic Eruptions, and a handful of Natural Disasters are already tearing this world apart piece by piece. It's only a matter of time before It hits the scar hard enough to puncture it.

As for the 2012 apocalypse. I'll believe it when I see it. I honestly don't think that hundreds of millions of people will commit suicide, and Floods will engulf the landmass, and Asteroids will crash into our planet.

First of all: There is no astronomical evidence suggesting that an Asteroid will hit us in the near future.

Second of all: There's NO possible way for such a massive amount of water to accumulate and flood the earth in such a short period of time.

Third of all: If hundreds of millions of people were going to commit mass suicide on such short notice, surely we would have heard of it by now. No one can keep a secret that intense.

I'm not sure there will be an apocalyptic event anytime soon.. but perhaps as this planet grows more and more fragile, we'll see a change in the climate and temperatures, and THAT will be our undoing instead of some boasting theory about Asteroids, Suicide, and Flooding. I'm just trying to think on the logical side of things is all...

If anything is going to destroy our world, I presume it will either be a Chain of random disasters, or a rogue Solar Flare from the sun which burns us all to a crisp. Just my theories. :3

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I don't believe that such an event can happen. We're not gods, so we can't predict what happens except God and the others. We're not superhuman or advanced mediums. But the Winter/Summer Solstice AT THAT EXACT DAY is coming with 24 hours of Daytime/Nighttime at the opposing hemispheres and that's a fact based on the observation of Earth.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
The Maya are sitting on fluffy clouds all asking each other 'Did you say something about the End of the World?', 'No way, not me' and 'Well someone must have said something!' as they watch us with confused looks on their faces.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
It's a mis-understanding hyped to hell and back by modern society.

They meant it's the beginning of a new cycle, in which humanity would awaken to all the corruption and **** controlling the world today, and damn they were accurate. Look around.

Paradise on earth. Not only the maya, but many indigenous cultures around the world point the same thing. Again, look around, it's been really hectic lately. Climax before the conclusion.

My thinking is, let's wait and see, because ultimately having an opinion on this doesn't really matter much. Let's go into the new mayan Bak'tun cycle and see what it brings.

Happy galactic alignment everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back