• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This Game Needs a Sequel

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There are a lot of amazing games out there, and some of them are left with no sequel. Which game(s), out of the top of your head, do you think truly deserves a sequel?

Personally, I'd like to see a sequel to Metroid Prime Hunters. Prime Hunters was a shooter game for the Nintendo DS. It had a good storyline, made you feel like you were actually Samus by giving you a first-person perspective, and it had an online multiplayer mode which enabled you to battle against thousands of players from all over the world. If they ever do decide to give this game a sequel, then I'd like to see it made for Wii U. They could also make it for the 3DS, but unfortunately, I don't think it'll be able to provide us with the same kind of multiplayer experience or the same graphical experience.

I would also like to see a sequel to Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, if possible.

Years
This is supposedly in the works somewhere at Camelot, but knowing them, (releasing the third game in a series 7 years after the second installment) you can never be too sure - I really want a sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. One of my all-time favorite video game franchises.

Also, how about a Wii U Pokemon Snap! sequel? I'd be set for months, with 649ish Pokemon to take pictures of.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Oh, there are so many.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is definitely one of them, a Livewire just said. I won't spoil anything, but it was clearly meant to have one. Hopefully it will one day.

I think Pokemon Conquest is befitting of a sequel as well. I was skeptical about the idea when I first heard of it, but as soon as I played the game was more than impressed. I would love to see a sequel to this in some form, or at least another Pokemon tactical RPG.

I would love to see the Final Fantasy VI characters go on another adventure. The ending tied up all the loose bits, but perhaps something could come from a little creative thinking. I consider FFVI to be my personal favorite game of all time, and I'd more than enjoy a sequel, though it seems Square-Enix has forgotten this gem.

Super Princess Peach 2 anyone? Like many veteran gamers I found this game to be too easy. Much too easy. Yet at the same time, I praised the role reversal the game brought, and how they managed to keep Peach right in character even as the protagonist. A sequel with more challenging elements could definitely be done, just as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon answered my prayers.

Nakala Pri

I definitely would say Pokemon Conquest. It was a great game with tons of character and I enjoyed trying to get as much Warlords as I could. ^^ I just completed the game for the second game and I had a team entirely build of Warlords.

Well, Yukimura and Kunoichi aren't, but hey, they are extremely powerful and if it was't for Kunoichi, I would have lost the last battle. xD

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg

That is all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I just want a damned Wario Land 5/6!
I will not object to a Rhythm Heaven sequel either.

To be honest though my real answer here would be Donkey Kong Country Returns but the dream came true so instead I'll just say this:
Punch-Out%21%21.jpg

Punch-Out Wii!! was one of the best revival any game could have and also one of the best games from the past generation. It absolutely deserves a sequel due to how PERFECT it is. There's many possibility to it: Either continue with the perfect formula and introduce new modes, perfect Super Punch Out's formula or introduce the arcade Punch Out formula to the home consoles. Any three would be briliant.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
A sequel to Liberation Maiden would just be nifty. Just when you think you're about to play the final stage/boss, the game ends.

Years
Persona 4 arena. I mean seriously, making a Persona 3 and 4 crossover, then decide to go with a cliffhanger? Come on Atlus, you're killing us.

I hope I haven't spoilered anything.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm more surprised by the fact that people play Persona 4 Arena for the story. :x Was it even at EVO? Nobody hyped that game, so I guess the fighting games enthusiasts don't care much for it and it's a fanservice game for the series fans. EDIT: Yeah it was at EVO. Just remembered. The grand championship was BORING as hell. Only Injustice was worse.

Also there is a sequel...sorta. Persona 4 Climax. It's more of an update though, but maybe they'll follow up the story.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Golden Sun Dark Dawn defiantly deserves a sequel, imo. I mean, the way it just ended... it's so much of a tease that it needs one. D:

I also agree about The World Ends With You; it's one of my favourite DS games of all time and heck, I don't mind if it gets a sequel. I also can't wait for another Persona sequel - I heard that it was going to be on the Wii U, but, I thiiiiink that's just a rumor. xD

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Tales of Phantasia. Or any other game with that much depth and time travel.

Time traveling creates all kinds of possibilities with many different eras, and I'd love to see more time traveling games.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I want to say Mother 3. Since it was pretty ambiguous in it's ending that I just wanted more. And because Mother is a series that I at least want to see one more game for.

A sequel to Liberation Maiden would just be nifty. Just when you think you're about to play the final stage/boss, the game ends.
Well, there is Liberation Maiden -Sin-, which is technically a sequel in story, but not in gameplay since it's a visual novel and not an action game.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I want to say Mother 3. Since it was pretty ambiguous in it's ending that I just wanted more. And because Mother is a series that I at least want to see one more game for.

You are a lucky kiddy, one smart cookie is currently making a mother 4 or earthbound 4 wichever one

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Another Chrono entry would be nice. Wouldn't matter to me if it was a sequel to either Trigger or Cross or a completely standalone game. It's already been 13+ years since Cross was originally released, and aside from an unsubstantiated rumor some years back, there's never been talks of another game. Too good of a series to simply let fade away. -_-

As I've been playing through Super Mario RPG, I realize a sequel on a current gen console would be pretty awesome. New party members like Luigi! (obvious omission from the original) Wario, Kamek, etc would add more dynamic and humor (which is one of my favorite parts about the game so far)

Back