• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Fufufufufu
Norman,Flannery done.
Got Solarbeam, taught along with Sunny Day to Nuzleaf.
Now at Mt Pyre.

Current team
Gardevoir
Camerupt
Nuzleaf
Marshtomp
Skarmory
(All 34)
Tropius-Slave-

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 3, 2023
I just restarted my Sapphire because I was bored and have decided to train all pokemon to equal levels (even if they are in the PC).

I am only in Petalberg due to training but my team(s) are:
MAIN TEAM
-Mudkip L:14
-Tailow L: 10
-Shroomish *took FOREVER to find* L: 9

2nd Team
-Lotad L: 12
-Ralts L: 10
-Surskit L: 11

Last edited:

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
Years
*gasp*

I was looking for a shroomish(I had already beaten the pokemon league, and I was looking to train it into a breloom.) And suddenly....

Wild Wurple appeared!

But...it was PURPLE! Stars glittered around it. I had found a shiny!

I was like, "=O" and caught it with a nest ball. After that, I danced around for, like, 10 minutes like my ass was on fire. It was awesome. Pm me for a picture, because this darned forum won't let me post urls until i've made 15 posts. =/

Sorry, but I felt the need to brag. =K You may brag about your shinies as well.

Btw, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2009
Hmm... playing Leaf Green... Party - Charizard (100lvl), Raichu (70lvl), Mewtwo (72lvl), Articuno (51lvl), Eevee egg, Gyarados (29lvl)...
I'm raising Gyarados now... i haven't any strong water pokemon... I've beat Elite Four about 10 times... Pokedex - 106 (Kanto) & 127 (national)... I'm looking for shinies... but... damn...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 3, 2023
I have beaten the Rustboro and Dewford gyms with ease and am currently training *once again* in the rusturf tunnel. My second will have to wait, I really just want to focus on my main team.

Speaking of Main teams...:
Marshtomp L: 20
Tailow L: 20
Shroomish L: 18
Aron L: 15
trend=I am trying to keep them 2 levels apart.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
As usual, nothing's happened in Sapphire lately, so in Emerald...

I spent the last few days doing "remedial courses" for all 26 or so Pokemon I caught just after beating Norman. Meaning I was training them all to level 30-32. A couple of days ago, I just finished all that. The last six Pokemon that got to their appropriate levels were Girafarig, Corphish (who evolved), Heracross (this was a Heracross I bred, so it was below level 30), Duskull, Shuppet, and Absol. When only Shuppet and Absol were left, I had fun by hosting a "race" to see who would finish their "remedial training" last. Hmm... there was Shuppet, who was level 30 and has been trained for quite a few days before that last day, and needed to get to level 32. Then there was Absol, who was level 25 and needed to get to level 31, and just started its training that day. (And as an inside joke, they happened to be nicknamed Severus and Sirius, respectively...) But it was Severus who finished before his Absol competition, barely. Well, there you go Sirius. You start last, you finish last. Lesson learned: don't procrastinate! Start training NOW!

So now all 60 or so of my Pokemon need to get to levels 35-38 before I can face Winona... (depending on whether they need to learn any attacks or evolve) But wait, what about my Staryu? I want to evolve it before it gets to level 33, but I can't find a Water Stone or even a Blue Shard anywhere! Then I found out that I can't get either until I'm able to use Dive, which won't happen until Badge 7. Arrgh... it looks like I'll have to either wait until Badge 7 to train Staryu any further, or trade in a Water Stone/Blue Shard from Sapphire... Meh, it's less frustrating to do the latter, but then again, I wasn't able to evolve my traded-in Feebas until I was able to reach Lilycove City...

Leaf Green

Not much has actually happened in Leaf Green since beating the Elite Four, but I did go on a huge nicknaming spree for some of my Pokemon. Some of the Pokemon I renamed were:

Onix (Iwaku)
Hypno (Mesmeria)
Marowak (Gara)
Zapdos (Raimundo)
Dugtrio (Mounds)
Butterfree (Buttercup)
Clefable (Treacle)
Dodrio (Rhea) --A kind of emu-ish bird
Wigglytuff (Utami) --Uta = song
Parasect (Mushi) --Japanese for bug
Nidoqueen (MRS. NIDO) --because my in-game-trade Nidoking is MR. NIDO
Poliwhirl (Polly)
Ninetales (Vixen)
Crobat (Batman)
Persian (Maneki)
Fearow (Falco)
Victreebel (Amaguchi) --literally "sweet mouth"
Magneton (Magneto) --just one letter from Magneton, but hey, it's an X-Man...
Beedrill (Hornet)

Last edited:

Cariger

24 Days Till My B-Day!
Years
Well I restarted my Pokemon LeafGreen Version.
I'm currently in the Viridian Forest trying to capture a Pikachu to add something else to my pokedex. The reason is because the Pikachu I found this morning I accidentally knocked out. I also want to train my Weedle [Wally] so he could evolve into a Kakuna and then a Beedrill.

See, my goal for this game is to try and capture and evolve every single pokemon I could possibly catch as soon as I get them. Which is why I'm refusing to battle Brock until atleast four of my seven pokemon have evolved. [So far only one has]

Pokemon in Party
Weedle [Wally] LV.6
Rattata [Jewel] LV.9
Spearow [Tyler] LV.12
Mankey [Pitt] LV.8
Charmander [Carolina] LV.14 --It's a guy that I accidentally nicknamed Carolina.
Pidgey [Birdie] LV.14

Pokemon in PC
Butterfree [Misca] LV.10

So as you see I have a bit more to go until I could battle Brock. Also no matter how much grass I go through, I can't find either Nidoran female or male! >_< It ticks me off since I love both of them! </3

J3

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2008
ha that funny i just resarted my fire red yesterday and i was looking for a pikachu with a brave nature untill just now lol.my pidgeotto is lvl 28 in virdian forest lol imagine how long it took me to find my pikachu now i battle every pokemon i saw thier untill i found the right pikachu

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2008
Nothing new in my 200 hour+ Sapphire version to speak of, but just last night, after losing over and over to the Elite Four for... months (though I've probably only tried about ten times ahaha) I... finally beat them. And I'd be lying if I said I could have done it without every single healing item I had on me, and of course, my amazing Raichu, who's Thunderbolts did more than the rest of my party combined.

Time to do that extra stuff now, I suppose, and I'm looking into getting Emerald soon--! :D

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
im in the middle of lookin for a rhyhorn (cause i want a rhydon) in fire red i've caught about 6 or so in the safari zone but i need one with a brave nature no luck yet any advice any one??

borax12

gosh! i forgot my line
Years
now i begin my emerald

i have started out with emerald today (though i have finished it twice but you know "pokemon rules".
Just fought my rival with my torchic and now am looking for a male zigzagoon lvl4(atleast)

EDIT

HAd to quit emerald (time restrictions)
Started fire red with my charmander Lvl 5,wuthdrew potion from the P.C,beat gary with ease and have to deliver the parcel

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
In Emerald, I did a couple of trades with Sapphire. I traded two Zigzagoons for:

-A Masquerain holding a Water Stone
-A Phanpy holding a Deep Sea Scale

I started training that Masquerain (who is nicknamed Drew... XD) in the Fiery Path and Jagged Pass. Currently he's level 28. Oh, and I used the Water Stone I received to evolve my Staryu.

EDIT: (to avoid double posting) The next day, I finished training my water Pokemon in the Magma Hideout, except Sharpedo, Seadra, and Staryu, who can also be trained in other places without a problem. I also taught a bunch of TM moves to my Pokemon... so now my Seadra knows Ice Beam, my Mightyena knows Shadow Ball, my Jigglypuff knows Focus Punch, my Starmie knows Thunderbolt, and my Gardevoir knows Shock Wave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back