• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

chromophobe;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I apologise if this is a crappy review... kinda new at this, but here goes:

For the most part, I really like it. It's bustling with activity but I was never distracted by any one thing; I was always looking at the image as a whole, which is impressive given how expansive it is in size and activity. I like how there are a variety of different ocean-dwellers and your use of colour, especially at the top of the image. My biggest issue is the use of light at the bottom of the image. At the top, you have the sun beating down on the water, and light filtering through and as the eye wanders lower, it gets darker but the fish seem to look like they should be higher up than they are because they're too bright. The turtle, for me, is the worst offender in this regard. The jellyfish are good as they're clearing producing their own light, but the other critters at the bottom could do with being a bit darker to reflect their spatial position. You mentioned the text in your write up: it's fine in terms of font and colour, but maybe it could do with a little spacing out. The 'r's especially look cramped in comparison to the whole text. But, on the whole, I like it. It's aesthetically pleasing and manages to convey a nice sense of place, with the text providing a nice ironic touch.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comments!

ICONS!

gjwhf8.png
gjwhf7.png
gjwhf6.png
gjwhf5.png

gjwhf4.png
gjwhf3.png
gjwhf2.png
gjwhf1.png

gjwhf10.png
gjwhf11.png
gjwhf9.png
bend.png

blondey.png

evolution.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Oh my god. Your graphics are absolutely amazing! <3 I got bored and decided to come to Graphics & Phototagraphy, saw your thread and though, "Oh hey, his graphics are pretty sweet, so I'll go check them out." AND I'M IN LOVE WITH YOUR GRAPHICS. :DDDDDD

I really like this one and the icon of the fox. :3

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks so much for the comment Eeveon! :D
As for you CT, you probably won't even see this ever, but GIMME THEM COMMENTS! ;)

So it's been so long, and I only have one weird piece I threw together today cause I felt like getting back into it more! It has been over a month and I wanted to go crazy again, so yeah, that's a warning.

lorem.png

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
The thing that instantly catches my eye is that the focal blends too much with the background, I understand the whole 'contemporary' route that you took, but it seems that the focal is too weak. I reckon you could have probably broken it up more and only inverted certain parts of the focal to still maintain that focus. I also think that the image is weighted too much towards the right or too close to the center I guess, I think you need to bring the text in a little closer and then move the text and focal a little to the left. Other then that though I'm glad you've chosen to try something different :)

I've been trying to experiment a little myself recently but they all turn out the same :P

moments.

quixotic
Years
My problem is that I always try different things and never develop styles. xP
Thanks for the comments, I agree with most of the stuff you said, it had been 2 months, really just trying to get rid of the rust.

09.png

Years
Man, I used to be so good at making sigs back in the day. Then that whole brushing thing started which I could never grasp, and now it's ridiculous. Your pictures are awesome man. Keep it up.

moments.

quixotic
Years
I never really used brushes to be honest. I use them occasionally now, but I never used them during that massive rush a few years ago, most of the time they look tacky and flat... Anyways, thanks for the comments, I'll edit this with some more if no more comments come in between now and whenever I finish my next piece.

bend-1.png

I just finished this, may put up another version in the morning after sleeping on it...

Last edited:

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/rockhead-1.png

Have been wanting to comment on this for a while now, but just haven't gotten around to doing so :P As for colours and composition I don't find anything wrong with it, not exactly my mix of colours but that doesn't matter. As for that light on the right of the image, I don't know if that's supposed to be coming out of the 'missing' piece in the background if thats what it is, but it seems to round and end too soon before the image which is something that catches my eye. If it isn't supposed to a sort of beam of light, then I think it's a bit awkwardly done because the focus for me seems to be too far to the right of the render. It also seems that that light doesn't match up with the shadows on the render which seem to be at more of a 45 degree angle, and not so much coming from the side.

But otherwise, good piece! :)

moments.

quixotic
Years
You wanted to comment on the gallery, or that one piece? It only went up the other day. xP
Anyway, thanks for the comments!

squiggle.png

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
pretty damn creative, and a really nice idea, I love it. Only crit would probably be the loss of the focus, which is the legs right? They seem to be more in the background than in focus. :3

moments.

quixotic
Years
Mew~, the focal ended up being the top of the pants, where it would like meet the stomach type area, but I can see what you mean.

Thanks for the comment Anyu!

Years
MOMENTS!
I'm here to give some love to this gallery. Why? Because I can, and you're cool.

bend-1.png

squiggle.png

I gotta ask, why the single colored boxes? I was just wondering, it's interesting, but I'm just wondering why you put it.

I likes both of these, I think the second banner has much better focus on the render though than the first one.
I like the first banner because of the effects, flow and depth in the banner. Overall, I really just like the look of both of them. ^..^

moments.

quixotic
Years
Solid boxes, not really sure, just like the look of them. Saw them in some other tags I used as inspiration and thought I'd give it a whirl. ;)

Yeah the first tag got the quality irked at some stage of adjustments and stuff, so it went a bit claggy...
But thanks for the comments! :D

bubbleswip.png

I sent a started version of this to Kaori for a collab, but this is how I finished it up. Shall edit whenever she gets around to it. ;)

Another.
underorbs.png

Last edited:

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
The colours and composition in both images are nice, but I'm going to have to say that the focals are too drowned out. It took me a solid few minutes to even realise there was a figure in the first tag, and there seems to be too much floating infront of the person in the second causing it to loose some depth. Thats really all I can say at the moment.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Thanks for the comments brane! the only person who loves me

hworang.png

Battle.

soviet.png

First of 2012.

split.png

Yep.

flyeye.png

Experimental.