• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shinies in R/S/E

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
One time on Ruby, I found a shiny Nincada that I accidentally ran away from(AAAHHH!). I was so annoyed!

pokefan75

Freelance artist and Beginner Rom Hacker
Years
In Pokemon Emerald i had 3 shinies and no lie no cheats, i walked around or restarted the game over and over for ages. I ended up in my game encountering a shiny poochyena in the first patch of grass no pokeball :( but the impressive ones are my shiny absol, flygon and rayquaza :) i love them so much

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
In Ruby, I had 3 shinies. First time I encountered was a green Golbat in Victory Road. Next, I found ANOTHER Green Golbat, which sucked a lot, but I caught both. (One male one female lololol) Then I encountered a shiny Spheal and I caught it too. I caught all mostly because I carry a lot of Pokéballs. Shiny Walrein was damn awesome too(Lucky I didn't pick Mudkip that time).

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
First and only shiny ever...Level 6 Makuhita on my like 20th run through of Sapphire... didn't use it much after that lol

Years
I found the most shinies in my Sapphire than any other game! Whismur was my first shiny and she's now an Exploud. :3 Then I found a Wurmple who later evolved into Dustox (still remember calling my friend and freaking out about it the moment I encountered one haha). Uh... I also found a shiny Volbeat too, all thanks to accidentally running into the grass. Pretty sure there was more but that's all I remember.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
12_15_2012_18_18_36_zps45830644.jpg

On my Japanese version of Ruby.

Evey

Female Red
Years
1.Vulpix at that Tower Place is Ruby. Was little, thought it was ugly, didn't catch it.
2.Secound one was Zubat, that cave near Dewford. Thought it was ugly, again little, fled.
3. Shroomrish, Petalsburg woods, ran away, didn't care.
4. Poochyena, near Oldale Town. Caught it. Restarted game some time later...
5.Eon, from Permanent Team. Traded from friend. Keeping this one finally ^^
~Seriously I don't know how I came across all these shinies when I was little. There have probably been more I just don't remember it. I seem to be a shiny magnet, but I hate them. I think in Diamond I had a shiny leafeon and piplup. Pherhaps some games have a better chanse.

Einarsson

Failure Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Makuhita right after second gym and a Tentacool with the Pacifidlog Town.

* Not that it is a shiny, but the chance of this happening is probably close: Caught Groudon with a normal Pokèball without even damaging him, after ~10 resets of me either running out of Pokèballs or accidentaly killing him with a critical hit or similar.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I found a shiny whismur while playing Sapphire. It was in that one tunnel between Rustboro and Verdenturf and at the time I didn't know anything about shinies, so I caught it hoping it was going to be a stronger version of whismur.

Turns out it wasn't.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
My Pokemon Ruby game has been quite generous with its shinies, and it was the first Pokemon game I had ever played. Although they are the most common Pokemon in the game, I caught a shiny Zubat, Zigzagoon and Tentacool (which I all trained and evolved). I also saw a shiny Wingull but had no Pokeballs >__<

I then lost all these shinies when I migrated them to Pearl and then started a new game, thinking I had traded them all over to Platinum :/ Ouch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
For ruby, I've found 2 in the wild.

Zigzagoon and Poocheyna, I had used both of them as part of my team when I caught them.

First time ever playing Ruby, I had just gotten the running shoes from my mom and start running around in the grass to get up to level 10 by getting experience (I like to get my starter at level 10 in the beginning). Around the 4th or so encounter it was the Zigzagoon. At first I didn't notice since it's fairly similar, then I saw the sparkles. I don't go crazy when I find things like that, but I was smiling for a good 10 minutes haha. Anyway I got it to low yellow health and caught it with one ball.

The Poocheyna was similar, though I had started a new game. Again just got my shoes but I was actually looking for one for my team, and around the 5th encounter I found one and it was shiny. Again got it in yellow health and caught it with one ball.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I just chosed Torchic as my starter when I played Emerald for the first time and then when I was about to battle my first wild pokemon it was a shiny poochyena and sadly I didnt have any pokeballs either :/ I really liked the golden color :)

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
The first ever shiny I found was a Zigzagoon in Emerald, still remember that day, I freaked out.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
My first shiny I ever encountered was a Spinda on Emerald. I wasn't really aware of shinies but a few days later, I realized that I encountered a green Spinda. Checking Serebii if it was right, and yeah..
I felt miserable.

But, a few months ago, I restarted Emerald and encountered a shiny Claydol at Sky Pillar. I was damn happy, cause I could finally capture a shiny in Gen.III (I think it was my first one).

Back