• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Epic Glory

Which country should the hero start in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
You're setting yourself up for disappointment with so much ambition but...if you do it...that'd be incredible. Best of luck.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
Glad for the responses, and although it's a huge order to fill, I'm confident that it can happen.

It looks like Australia is in the lead (by far) so I will begin to work on the map for that, and once I have a few more votes in the poll, I'll finish it up and post it here!

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Not to discourage anyone, but...
This sounds a whole heck of a lot like The Lost World except with an even more broad and expansive world. Meaning, this may well flop in a matter of months. But, I applaud you on your effort and will give you my token advice.
Don't overdo it. Set up a regular schedule for yourself and make deadlines. You may end up cutting a lot of the bonus features out of the game in an effort to end up with something. As for the seasons system, I would suggest making the times of day and night change as well as the probability of certain weather effects. Will every country be included in the game? If this were the case, than you'd probably only have one town or city per country...

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
Not to discourage anyone, but...
This sounds a whole heck of a lot like The Lost World except with an even more broad and expansive world. Meaning, this may well flop in a matter of months. But, I applaud you on your effort and will give you my token advice.
Don't overdo it. Set up a regular schedule for yourself and make deadlines. You may end up cutting a lot of the bonus features out of the game in an effort to end up with something. As for the seasons system, I would suggest making the times of day and night change as well as the probability of certain weather effects. Will every country be included in the game? If this were the case, than you'd probably only have one town or city per country...

Thanks for the advice, and don't worry, I'm setting up a schedule. And no, not EVERY country will be included into the game; it'll be more like every region of the world, divided into about 50 parts with several islands. Also, good idea about making times of day and night change for weather, I hadn't thought about that too much. I know this project could take a very long time - years, to be honest - but I'm determined. ;)

By the way, I still need some scripters, and possibly spriters, in order to speed this game up while I'm working on the maps.

UPDATE

On the bright side, I pretty much finished up half of Australia today. On the more depressing side, I encountered a major setback in the scripting; a fatal error in fact, and I have to start a lot of it over. :(

Expect a rough demo of Australia in less than a week, peoples!

Back