• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Trainer Names List

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
When creating trainers, gym leaders, or Elite Four, I find it hard to come up with one simple name that I haven't used before. If you have trouble finding good names also, then this is something handy for you to use. I have created a Word Document containing over 200 names for your trainers. I will update with new names if you all find it useful. I got these names from the various Pokémon RPGs, so credit to me isn't necessary, but appreciated.

Here is the Document:

View attachment 53579

Can't view Word Documents?
Here is a Text Document version:

View attachment 53580

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
@ Pkmn.master:

This post if full of win. Could I use it for my game? Any chance you have the names of trainers from the games?

Thanks! You most certainly may use it. I got these names from the games, so you are using Pokémon RPG trainer names. I think I'll make an update tomorrow with hundreds of more names. There are at least 1,000 different names used in Pokémon FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Pt/HG/SS...

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
If you want a huge list, usually there is an online list or census containing thousands like this list here.
You could find names for letter, gender, and nationality.
But your list has simple names to chose from, and that is good also.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
You sir, are the win! ;)
I also had a problem coming up with good names, but now these days are over :D

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
You sir, are the win! ;)
I also had a problem coming up with good names, but now these days are over :D

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. After months of getting resources and help from this forum, I feel as if it's my turn to make a contribution.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
That's it, you won my internetz!
Aha, but really, this is helpful for my upcoming project, thanks(:

Thanks for the support! I hope this helps with naming. The only names that I ever think of when making trainers are Bill,Jill,and Max.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Nice list, it goes quite a ways towards helping people so they don't repeat the same names each time.

Question, though: Could you possibly add another portion to your list to include trainer classes(Elite Four, Cooltrainer, etc)

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Nice list, it goes quite a ways towards helping people so they don't repeat the same names each time.

Question, though: Could you possibly add another portion to your list to include trainer classes(Elite Four, Cooltrainer, etc)

Thanks for the feedback. I don't plan on releasing the file with trainer classes because they can be found on the web.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trainer_class

Use the link above. They even have the sprites for the trainers.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Thanks so much! It is, indeed, hard to find names you haven't used before xD

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Thanks so much! It is, indeed, hard to find names you haven't used before xD

Thanks. I'm just trying to find ways to help developers finish their Pokémon projects faster. This will hopefully lead to more projects being completed.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Why anyone would require this list when there are so many Name Generators to be found online confuses me...

Why anyone require online name generators when there is a huge list of names that you expect to see in a Pokemon game to be found here is what confuses me. If you want to cram this link in you favorites and limit yourself to making one name at a time, then be my guest.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Why would anyone use this when they can come up with THEIR OWN NAMES, honestly when I saw this I facepalmed, does everyone need everything handed to them when it comes to poccils kit?

Honestly, just think of a random name people D:

Back