• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your preferred web browser?

What web browser do you use?

• Firefox

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 103 50.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Firefox FTW, it's fast mostly pop up free and is easy to use. It can be a bit of a pain in the butt with episodes of repeated response stopping but it doesn't happen often. I have Pale Moon which is similar as a back up.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
When I'm on a PC, I use Firefox. It runs fast for me, even though it lags sometimes. When I'm on a Mac, I use Safari even if there are other Web browsers.

CrystalWolf

1337 Haxorzx Spritez
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I use Chrome. In the end it's easy to use. Fast. It also does not memory leak much a like IE and Firefox which is very resource intensive.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've begun to take a liking to Apple Safari when I'm on OS X. Seems like it's like butter. Just like how I liked it to be. How I liked browsers to be - to be smooth, even if not that fast.

I have given up on Opera on the desktop, though. It's a sad thing, no?

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
I use Google Chrome exclusively on my computer to the point that unless it's important for me to access, I will not access a website if it's not Chrome-compliant. Anything and everything any other browser can do, Chrome can do it better.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I love Google Chrome, and I'll probably always use it (Unless, of course, a shinier, better one comes out). I used to use Firefox for the longest time, but ever since I noticed Chrome's speed, apps, performance ability and smooth running of scripts, it's been a no-turning-back option.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
There is no doubt that Google Chrome is the best browser out there. I use it and it rocks. It's super fast and has great features.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
There is no doubt that Google Chrome is the best browser out there. I use it and it rocks. It's super fast and has great features.
Ehm...what?
It's all a matter of preference really. If you want to browse the web, use Chrome. If you are a power-user, I'd go with Firefox due to the enormous amount of useful plugins.

I myself use Firefox for the above mentioned reason. I really like being able to do almost anything with my browser and since I create and manage websites pretty often, various Firefox-only plugins come in very handy. I have used Chrome last year and I must say that it is indeed very fast, probably due to the rendering engine. It did fall short in the amount of good plugins so I switched back to Firefox.

Last edited:

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I used to use Firefox all the time, but now I've change to Opera and I like it a lot better. It just suits my tastes better than the other browsers I've tried.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
I stick with Google Chrome, seeing how it hardly crashes on me. Firefox used to crash on me all the time, and IE is way too outdated. :\ I'm not into web design that much, but if I needed the debugging features of Firefox it'd be my default browser, but meh. xP

Theta Rex

Euclid
Years
I used Firefox for many years, and I still continue to do so even now. Never really thought of trying out the other browsers much, though I have been fiddling around with Chrome recently, mostly just to see what all the fuss is about.

Years
Google Chrome, mainly because all the other browsers are REALLY slow on my computer, and because of the Most Visited feature. It's like bookmarks but more convenient.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Ugh... Chrome...

I hate Chrome. I went to go try it out, but then circumstances arose forcing a system restore to a previous state. Google Chrome hates system restores. It becomes a pain in the neck to try and uninstall after that, and when you go to start up the computer it throws an odd error at you. Looking online, I found many people had the same problem.

So I now use Firefox, for it's add-ons, speed, and customization. Chrome isn't a good choice for at least me because of that system restore error.

Tamaska

[Oblivious]
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Firefox, I love the looks and Customization. Its Also a bit faster then other things Ive tried.

Back