• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
So.......ok I'll ask again

Do I have to finish 1.0 BEFORE I patch this update and do I patch the same red rom file I already patched for 1.0??? Or do I have to patch a clean version?

Will my save file be affected?

Patch a clean rom, and remake the sav file the same name as the new ROM name except with a .sav extension. You can switch over no matter how far you are through the game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Patch a clean rom, and remake the sav file the same name as the new ROM name except with a .sav extension. You can switch over no matter how far you are through the game.
so...ok, I patched the red room with 2.0

I get an error, cannot load save file, you are playing pokemon brown

My saved files are .sgm not .sav

I'm also using visual boy

What am I doing wrong?

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
so...ok, I patched the red room with 2.0

I get an error, cannot load save file, you are playing pokemon brown

My saved files are .sgm not .sav

I'm also using visual boy

What am I doing wrong?
If your save files are .sgm, does't that mean you're using savestates? Don't use them, use the in-game save on the start menu

EDIT: I've stumbled across another glitch. I was fighting the second trainer on Cycling Road and I got my Alakazam to use Noise Pulse on his Kingler. Alakazam and Kingler's sprites got all messed up. It didn't effect gameplay at all though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
ok, on my 1.0 patched rom i saved in-game......and?

I load up the 2.0 patched rom, it just says New Game and Options......

There's no option to continue...

I don't see any type of .sav file anywhere, although I can continue in-game on the 1.0 patched rom from the title screen

~Undefined~

Years
ok, on my 1.0 patched rom i saved in-game......and?

I load up the 2.0 patched rom, it just says New Game and Options......

There's no option to continue...

I don't see any type of .sav file anywhere, although I can continue in-game on the 1.0 patched rom from the title screen
Well, I don't know. Just start a new game or something.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I got it to work, imported battery files, etc...

But uh........my pokedex says I've seen 60+, own 0??????????

lol, even pokemon I own aren't in the pokedex as pokemon I've at least seen

I like the new look though, looks real good

zlayer200

Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
Years
I have played it now, nice job CBM.
One question how did you make crystal pokemon into red & blue?

Years
I'm making guesswork here, but I'm guessing he simply (Used loosly) added them to the table of Pokemon already existing, Red/Blue have room for 256 Pokemon, but 105 are not used and effectivly create what are 'glitch' Pokemon due to garbage data, same thing happens with moves (Don't gurantee me on the 256 number, it COULD be 255, cannot really be bothered finding out the value of FF right now).

The other games in the series use much of a similar method, except post-3rd gen uses tables with the capacity of over 65000 Pokemon.

Anyway, like I said, it is guesswork but I would guess it is how he did it.

Last edited:

~Undefined~

Years
Another glitch. This swimmer turned into Prof. Oak/Tim when i talked to him after battling him. Didn't effect gameplay.
EDIT: other people on this route do this too, although they turn into diferent sprites.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
If your save files are .sgm, does't that mean you're using savestates? Don't use them, use the in-game save on the start menu

EDIT: I've stumbled across another glitch. I was fighting the second trainer on Cycling Road and I got my Alakazam to use Noise Pulse on his Kingler. Alakazam and Kingler's sprites got all messed up. It didn't effect gameplay at all though.
I've always used savestates without any problems... the in game save never worked on other games for me... should I switch over to it for brown?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I got it to work, imported battery files, etc...

But uh........my pokedex says I've seen 60+, own 0??????????

lol, even pokemon I own aren't in the pokedex as pokemon I've at least seen

I like the new look though, looks real good

Read the notes, it explains your problem that I couldn't avoid.

- If you have a save file from the original brown, you can also start where you started off. However, due to memory shifting, your current progress in the Pokedex will be different. This was kind of unavoidable.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
So, if the pokedex is messed up, and I'm in the middle of trying to finish this game...

Doesn't that render problems when Prof. Oak checks my pokedex???

I mean, I'm not sure which pokemon are missing in either 1.0 or 2.0 version, I'm not sure if it's (owning all 151) required for anything special...is it? If so, then there's a major problem wouldn't you say?

If capturing them all gains nothing special (kinda like the US version where all you got was a certificate) then it's not too bad of a problem, although prof. oak/timmy probably won't recognize your hard work and give you rewards (HMs/Itemfinder/etc)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Hey Manrae, mind doing me a bit of a check?

While you still have 0 caught, try using the Professor's PC, see what pokedex rating he gives? Just curious as to what would happen :)

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
One cool thing to note:

Brown is 100% compatible with Red, Blue, Yellow (except if you try and trade or battle with the new pokemon it crashes but what do you expect?!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
^^I did that and Prof Timmy told me that I have a lot of work to do and to start looking for pokemon :(

This pokedex thing is a problem for sure

However, if owning all 151 is not required for anything special, then I can just finish up 1.0, then switch up to 2.0 after getting all the items from prof aides...for me (as long as Kool didn't change anything from red/blue) I only need the Exp all (50 pokemon) since I already have flash and the itemfinder

HOWEVER, if Kool has added a special bonus for capturing all 151 (or 230 for that matter) then there's a big big problem

Years
VERY NICE GAME
good job!
I have always been a fan of pokemon brown
EDIT: don't hold the speed up button while exiting a house.
PS: If you happen to catch a ? train it and see what happens (no it wont crash you)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
The game continues to be awesome. I did notice some things, though. There's an item in the basement of the Castro Valley mansion place that is behind some rocks, is it actually supposed to be unobtainable?

And I've noticed Metal Claw has a high critical hit ratio, not sure if that is intentional or not.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I tried trading some Pokemon over with TGB Dual 7 but the new brown ROM doesn't seem to load at all... :(

is there another way to trade or a fix to this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back