• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years
Good Reviews...

The only problem is...

I CAN'T DOWNLOAD A DEMO!

Sucks for Megaupload and Rapidshare! :(

P.S. = Looking Forward in Completing the game! :)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hello all, just a heads up, this will probably be the last update in this thread, we are almost to the point where we have enough progress so that I can start a new thread. But in the mean time I wanted to come here and show off some new pokemon and the second town in our region(which we are thinking of renaming yet again to comply with nintendo's two syllable trend)

Both Pokemon are designed by the wonderful Concore. I hope you enjoy!

Brocibaa-Concore.png

Brocibaa
Type(s): Grass
Species: Growing Pokemon

Ruffbrandt-Concore.png

Ruffbrandt
Type(s): Normal
Species: Artistic Pokemon​

Thank you Concore for your wonderful designs!

Also, here is the second town in our region, it still has no name, and we are taking suggestions for the name.

Map-2ndTown.png
Please don't steal the tiles, and I am aware of the two tile errors near the lower two houses. They have been fixed! :)

Thank you all, and keep your eyes peeled for the new scarlet thread, get ready for a WHOLE new Scarlet! ;)

Years
For future reference, just JPEG the screenshots to prevent theft. Almost no one is despereate enough to un-JPEG anything.

Anyway, the new look is coming along great. It's really great to see someone besides Fang that adds to the Kyledove style rather than using it exclusively. That being said, some things could use a bit of work. The houses in the map above me are a mess. I didn't know they were supposed to be stone houses until I zoomed in on them at 600%. You need to define the rocks a bit more. Give them a more recognizable shape and shading. Also, try giving them an improved palette.

Atomic Reactor

Alotta blank space, you could probably reduce the overall size of the map, and it would look great.
The tiles look sweet in my opinion.

Is that smeargle like concept an evolution or prevo?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
The houses in the map above me are a mess. I didn't know they were supposed to be stone houses until I zoomed in on them at 600%. You need to define the rocks a bit more. Give them a more recognizable shape and shading. Also, try giving them an improved palette.
I agree. The palette of the stone could possibly use a bit of work (and so can the roof if possible), maybe if you desaturated and dimmed it a bit to make it look more like stone. These houses don't fit with the general style of the map. Give them some better shading and a more stony sort of pattern on them.

Also, the Pokémon art (and the rest of the game) is coming along really well! Good job, Minor.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Okay, Well I made some changes to the houses, yay-nay?

Map-2ndTown-1.png

Thanks for the comments on the concepts guy. Ruffbrandt is a Smergel evolution Atomic Reactor. We actually developed quite a few concepts today, so we are definitely working really hard. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Personally, you should ignore the guys and stick with what you had before, it looks great to me.
Great job, seriously.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Well, the only word I can think of is WOW, it really means a lot to get a good job from you Kyle, your tiles have been an inspiration to me. Thank you!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
The houses look a lot better now, Minor! Yeah, the houses did sort of ruin the whole map because they stood out too much and they weren't at the correct saturation level, but everything's fine. Great job on everything, I hope to see the new thread or an update. :D

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
okay, okay, okay I lied about the new thread! XD I'm still waiting on some sprites so that I can take decent screen shots verses just showing off maps and those few rehashed battle screens.

Hopfully this will be the last update in this thread, however I am not going to say that for sure quite yet. As usual we are still working really hard on all sorts of undercover stuff such as the Pokédex and Character development, as well as story development. I'm not at liberty to disclose too much information, but I can and will tell you this much, the new story that will be unveiled is vastly different than the original Scarlet story, but keeps the main plot points (without all those horrible horrible cliches XD)

Anyway, the update to post!

The next city in Shiozu, Marshspring City

Map-1stCity-1.jpg

(sorry for JPEG'd quality, but its a precaution that is becoming increasingly neccessary)

This is home to the first gym leader, which I assure you breaks tradition by NOT being the rock type leader! :)

Enjoy!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Where's my new thread?! Nice stuff Minorthreat! (Though I kind of have to say that... I did make most of it...) And as I've told you before, I love the new tiles!

Years
It's all looking good there, Minorthreat. The new stone houses look so much better than the old ones. The new update looks really good, too. There is one thing I am slightly disappointed about, though (it has nothing to do with the JPEG quality, luckily). The inspiration for where the new houses came from is quite obvious, and I think you can come up with something original rather than copy off of the houses from New Bark Town. They look really good, though.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
well I have had creative block lately with buildings...XD but hopefully the next town will have some creative buildings...I hope! XD

Anyway, things are running sorta slow here at scarlet right now, because everyone has their finals and stuff, but I am sure once thats all said and done we will have some cool stuff to show off.

But I just want to put it out there that we are really really looking for a talented spriter that can sprite trainer sprites in DP style...Thank you!

I don't think I have posted this here, its just something really small...but its something non the less...

Here is the Clair battle sprite and the new Clair overworld. Comments and criticism are greatly appreciated, especially on the overworld.

Clair.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back