• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retail Workers Union

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The past two nights, I've had the most annoying thing happen. The entire last half hour of the closing shift you don't see one customer. Then one shows up 30 seconds before you're about to close the doors. It's as if they time it perfectly just to piss you off. Then they loiter around the store, making no great haste to get what they want because after all, the people behind the counter have no interest in going home at any stage tonight.

Then... just as that jackass decides what they want and comes to the counter, you grabbing hopefully for your keys... some other jerk who was running late comes in. So the store that's meant to close at 8 doesn't end up closing til 8:05 and I don't end up getting home until at least 8:15 when I could have been home at 8:05.

I think I shifted perspective a lot in that post which is a grammatical no-no, but you get my drift :P

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The past two nights, I've had the most annoying thing happen. The entire last half hour of the closing shift you don't see one customer. Then one shows up 30 seconds before you're about to close the doors. It's as if they time it perfectly just to piss you off. Then they loiter around the store, making no great haste to get what they want because after all, the people behind the counter have no interest in going home at any stage tonight.

Then... just as that jackass decides what they want and comes to the counter, you grabbing hopefully for your keys... some other jerk who was running late comes in. So the store that's meant to close at 8 doesn't end up closing til 8:05 and I don't end up getting home until at least 8:15 when I could have been home at 8:05.

I think I shifted perspective a lot in that post which is a grammatical no-no, but you get my drift :P

Ugh I hate the last minute shoppers as well. I don't know why, but the last few are always the ones with all the reduced and damaged products and stuff that takes longest to process. It's like they know that we can't go home until they leave.

Shining Raichu

Years
Exactly! And I always work closing shift so I always get stuck with them.

Vappy, are you back at work yet?

Years
Last minute shoppers make me want to kill people... mainly them! XD

I hate it when you are trying to cash up and they come with clothes. It is like... WE CLOSED HALF AN HOUR AGO!​

Shining Raichu

Years
So last night I knocked three bottles of Vodka Cruisers from a 6-high stack of cartons straight to the floor. Right at closing time. Of the twelve bottles, there were only five survivors :(.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
So last night I knocked three bottles of Vodka Cruisers from a 6-high stack of cartons straight to the floor. Right at closing time. Of the twelve bottles, there were only five survivors :(.

So I guess that raise and promotion are definitely coming today/ tomorrow then?

@Drakow
Lol what? Still a pass? Since when was 40% a pass??!??!?!

Nothing interested happening in my place of work. Its very very slow. FML.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Yeah it is lol. 40% is the minimum pass mark for University. 50-60% is a 2:2. 60-70 is a 2:1. 70% upwards is a 1:1.

I understood about 40% of what you just said.
What are all the ratio's >.>

Also where do you work Drakow? As this is a Retail club xD. Do you have any entertaining stories to share? before this gets to off topic

Shining Raichu

Years
On Monday I got another first at work: my first blackout! It's been three years and I've been waiting so patiently but it finally happened! The power went off at 4pm and we got to close the doors, and it didn't come back on til 5, and we were messing with the computers trying to get them to work again til about 5:30, so we got to be closed throughout the entire busy period! We did record low figures, but at least me and the guy I was working with got to sit and bludge for an hour and a half XD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
My god Andy you got to bludge during the most busy time. lucky you! Yesterday I closed the shop to go surfing over lunch time if that can compare to your bludging? >.<

In my defense the surf was FANTASTIC!

Has anyone else had a similar experience of closing because of either no power or because you wanted to be somewhere else?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Had to close mine for 30 minutes due to a power cut and another time the wine stand fell over 3 4 storys of wine bottles crashed to the floor and we had to shut the shop for hours while we cleaned it up... very slowely I might add.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The closest I've got to stopping during work is when it was one of the busiest Christmas shopping days of the year, and every register in the store broke down for 20 minutes, the line got so long, it was doing a whole lap of the store.

Years
I understood about 40% of what you just said.
What are all the ratio's >.>

Also where do you work Drakow? As this is a Retail club xD. Do you have any entertaining stories to share? before this gets to off topic

They are grades you come out with.
40% = 3rd (D)
50% = 2:2 (C)
60% = 2:1 (B)
70%+ = 1st (A)

So they are the grades you get. Think of it like the normal grades.​

Shining Raichu

Years
Had to close mine for 30 minutes due to a power cut and another time the wine stand fell over 3 4 storys of wine bottles crashed to the floor and we had to shut the shop for hours while we cleaned it up... very slowely I might add.

I did that on a smaller scale the other night xD.

We have a stack of boxes of Vodka Cruisers. Just in case these are an Australian-only thing, this is what they are:

Vodka_Cruiser_Flavor__s_by_Halo123Billion.jpg

They come in 4-packs and we have a bunch of the 4-packs that won't yet fit in the fridge sitting on top of the cases. I was moving the boxes around to get to a flavour that we'd run out of in the fridge and I moved the loose 4-packs to the stack of beer that was next to them. Somehow, and I don't know how, I knocked over two of the 4-packs, sending them tumbling to the floor. The group of boys who were in the store erupted in raucous laughter, which was not helped when 20 seconds later, a third 4-pack spontaneously decided it'd be funny to jump to its own untimely demise.

Of the twelve bottles, there were just five survivors :(. So much glass and sickly-sweet liquid to clean!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I hate dropping things. Its embarassing.

Does anyone else get moaned at for using their phone. For me I used to all the time. But when you have a gf that lived in another country. I took any chance I could get to talk to her really. Guess I kinda did overstep how much I was using my phone and cut back in the end.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Owning the store makes using your phone a lot easier :P Especially when youre the boss. I do usually have my phone on silent though.

Naww there was people in there watching Andy? That'd suck.

Also I hate it when crazy old ladies come in and talk to you about nothing that is relevant and say they dont know you when youve lived in the same town as them for 19 years (Your whole life.) And lived 4 houses away from them for about 13 of those years. ridiculos! Do you guys have to deal with crazy old ladies?

Shining Raichu

Years
OMFG LMAO. I just realised I told that Cruiser story twice... on the same page. I guess that shows just how interesting my work is if I'm recycling stories already without even knowing it. Bahahahahahaha.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Oh hey, it's my life in a club.

I actually am starting to enjoy my job, being a checkout chick and all. Pretty much all of the people I work with are nice, and 95% of the customers are nice to me. That being said, I have no clue what they say behind my back (you know the saying, 'there's always one person who is hated and everyone talks about them behind their back. Never had one? Then it's you.')

But I've been wearing a trainee badge for about a month now, just so customers go easy on me. Heheh.

And I missed the conversation about robberies, which really sucks D: .
And because if someone asked me to open the till I'd have to admit I didn't know how to unless they actually made a purchase.

And asdfghjkl the flybuys promotions. I'll admit, they're not that bad, but the training was kinda weird.

I think I work at a pretty cool place.

Shining Raichu

Years
Aaaaaaa YAY welcome Impo!

It doesn't matter if you missed the conversation about robberies, it's the most freeform club you'll ever join so if you wanna talk about something we've already talked about just go ahead and bring it back XD.

I'd wear the Trainee badge for as long as you're allowed to, because once you get a badge with your actual name on it, some people start actually calling you by your name and it's really unnerving. I spent a long time thinking "how the hell did that guy know my--ohhh" lol.

You guys had to undergo training for your Flybuys stuff? We just had to read a booklet they sent around and then sign saying you'd read it lol. I didn't even bother reading it... I just skimmed. Now when customers ask me questions about flybuys I answer using my common sense... and then if I don't actually know I just make stuff up :P

Back