• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you play with 3D turned on or off?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Sure it's a nice feature, but I rather not ruin my eyesight.
Do you really think they'll ship a product that could be as hazardous as ruining your eyesight?

It's not a matter of whether or not it's good for your eyesight or not, it's a matter of accustoming to it. A lot of people see the 3D for the first time and they'll feel dizzy, and write it off after that. In a way, yes, that's understandable, but that's how it is for everyone - including myself. Once you get past 5 minutes looking at the 3D - BAM! You're now used to it, and there is a probability you'll highly enjoy it and found how particularly enhancing it is. Now it's completely fine if you don't like it, and there's many reason why; I just don't think "it hurts my eyes" is a good one. Granted, if it still hurts your eyes after looking at it for a prolonged time, then there's a problem. However, I haven't seen that case with anyone yet. There's a reason why so many people warmed up to the 3D compared to launch and is now a very favorable addition. (I won't take this thread as an argument against that. Lots of people here just bought a 3DS or just bought it for Pokemon.)

And let's be honest, looking at 3D is as much of a bad thing as looking at your computer screen for a long while. You know where I'm getting at here.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
bought a 2ds, t'was cheaper.

probably would have played with 3d turned off anyway.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Off, but I still have the habit of turning it on whenever something intense happens, like mega evolution or when I go into a cave or other 3D environment.

Years
I can't actually use it for more than a minute or two 'cause my eyes suck, but if there's an evolution or interesting cutscene I'll turn it all the way up for a few seconds.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I keep it on. I'm one of Nintendo's chosen ones who aren't bothered by it, I guess. Though I usually have it off if I'm not at a charger. I always have it on at important cutscenes and battles, though.

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
I keep it off... with it on needing to keep the screen at a certain angle means I can't relax properly lol, plus it messes with my eyes.

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
Years
I had it on max but i got the flu and it made me sick when i looked at it so i turned it off and never turned it on, actually now i'm thinking of getting a 2DS.

ShinyGlaceon

Pokemon Master
Years
I have glasses, and my eyesight is already really bad, so I usually keep it off. If I do have it on, I only keep it on for about a minute.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
I play with 3D on all the time. I got used to it after the first or second day. It was really uncomfortable in the beginning. I got headaches, too. :x

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I started out with it on, but I generally keep it off now. The 3D gets to be kind of laggy in battles, and it isn't available in enough of the game to make it worth using.

In other games where the 3D is more worth using, I generally only turn it up part of the way. Full 3D is usually too much for my eyes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 25, 2014
I have to play with it off. I dislike it when the game lags.

Years
Because i like to play laying in my bed, i usually have 3D disabled because when viewed from the wrong angle it looks blurry. The image sharpness is much clearer in 2D and i think it adds to the subtleties of the landscapes and animation in battle. I will, however, adjust it so i can view my pokemon evolving in 3D, that''s kind of a special moment so i like to emphasize the importance in my mind.

Back