• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Rama managed a tiny grin and used Scratch to run back at Bean. This was a good fight, too bad it was likely going to be over now. At the last second he switched and fired another Dark Pulse, running with the rings flying from his mouth. The poison had slowed him immensely but he was running by pure willpower.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
((OOC: I'll assume the Skull Bash hit lol))

Bean slammed Rama dead on with his Skull Bash, but he didn't seem too damaged by it. Rama scratched Bean and then fired another Dark Pulse, sending Bean flying back onto the ground. Alice didn't ask Bean how he felt, because it was obvious that the battle was over. "It's okay Bean, it was your first trainer battle anyway!" Jem called. Alice smiled at Skye.

"Good battle," she said to him as she helped Bean to his feet. "Bulbasaur," Bean said, and suddenly, his bulb began to glow white. The bright light spread to the rest of his body, and he grew larger. Alice stood back and merely watched in surprise. The white light faded and there stood an Ivysaur. "Ivysaur!" Bean exclaimed. "He evolved?!" Alice asked herself in stupor. Jem gaped at Bean, his ear twitching.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
(You betcha XD)

Skye smiled and picked up the exhausted Rama, carefully working to get the poison from his blood. "R-Rama w-worked hard ah-and Bean is ruh-really s-strong. W-We almuh-most lost tuh-too. Gruh-Great j-job evuh-evuh-evolving Bean." Rama was making a sound akin to a purr as Skye carefully cleaned him off. Ellie whooped and cheered, chasing her fluffy tail happily. Volca looked up from his nap, grunted and went back to sleep.

Skye smiled again, this time at Alice. "Muh-My hunch was r-r-right. I k-k-knuh-knew you were a puh-howerful trainer wheh-hen I saw you."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Iccirus City huh Unova sounds like a nice place personally. I've heard about it." Mark said now floating on his back. "I personally don't want to go back home. As much as I'd love to live her, that won't be the case for long. Once we're done here, I think I'm going to go on a journey. Take on Gyms and such!" He said floating about in the water.

"Hehe. If you hear about a new champion sometime in the future, I'll betcha its gonna be me! I'll know battling like the back of my hand by then!" Mark closed his eyes as he floated in the water. He could feel waves passing by his sides.

---

["Kehe. Yeah your telling me! So many interesting characters here. Out of all the pokemon I've met here... I think most of my friends are actually girls. Hahaha."] Snype said. He peeked his head underwater to look around. It was pretty darn dark. Not alot of Pokemon came up this close to the shore. The only thing he could see clearly was Duster's little feet.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Duster laughed and swam around a little.
"Heh, it's good to have friends!" Duster said cheerfully.

Brian looked around. He saw that Alice had gotten her Bulbasaur to evolve into an Ivysaur.
"Heh, they look like they're having a good time! I'll tell ya though, I'm kind of getting bored. The beach isn't as much fun as I thought it would be," Brian said to the person standing next to him. He had been moving all over the place, so he had no clue who he was talking too right at this moment, but that wouldn't stop him from chatting with them!

Years
Brian had come over and said exactly what Jack was thinking and Jack's relaxing day at the beach was disrupted by all the battles that were going on around him. "Yeah" Jack responded before hopping of the ground and walked a little distance away between himself and Brian "So wha' do you say battle" Jack kinda knew that Brian might be reluctant but he had to get over his boredom somehow "And i'm not taking no for an answer" Jack gestured towards Blade who stepped infront of him ready for battle. "Finally something to do" Blade stretched a bit first but looked ready for a fight.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
During the battle, Selene was torn. Who did she cheer for?? She felt really close to both Mark AND Valorie...in the end, sisterhood won through and she found herself cheering Valorie on, especially when she was using Dratini. Ri, being friends with Len and obviously feeling the strong bond of brootherhood himself, shouted for Len and Mark and even put together a little cheer routine.

The battle was intense, and Selene hoped that at the end of it, no matter the outcome, nothing will have gotten in between Mark and Valorie...she felt tired watching them, and was impressed by how well Dratini was battling, especially considering the impact her battle with Blu had had not so long ago. Eventually Valorie and Dratini won, and Selene leapt up and cheered. "Yaaaay, Valorie!! Wooooo! Well done Dratini, Well done Valorie!" she rummaged around in her beach bag and pulled out the Jigglypuff ball, handing it to Ri to inflate. "Hey, Ri, would you mind?" She didn't go over to Valorie and Mark instantly, wanting to give them some time to themselves. She lay out on her beach towel and soaked up the sun until she felt something hit her in the face. Sitting up quickly, the Jigglypuff beach ball floated down into her lap and she gave Ri the thumbs up. "Right! Shall we go have some fun..?" she asked, Ri nodding and starting off towards the beach. "Nah-uh Ri!! You need...these!" she said, pulling floaties like Snype's out of her beach bag. Ri started and tried to get free - he didn't want to wear those!! "Ri...now behave. You know you're only ickle, and you're not the strongest swimmer. If you want to go in the water then you wear these.." Ri stopped struggling, and pulled his face as Sel pulled the floaties up his short arms. "There...NOW we can go!" she smiled at Ryan who was led out in the sun, his tail twitching and small Pikachu-sized sunglasses on his face.

"Hey guys!" said Sel, splashing over to Mark and Valorie, throwing the beach ball at Mark's head. "Amazing battle Valorie...and that swimsuit totally suits you," she smiled as Ri leapt off her shoulder and into the water, swimming around confidently with his little floaties.

Nideous

Years
"Uh... Sure, if you want too," Brian said nervously, "Snivy! Let's battle!" Snivy looked around. She froze when she saw the Sycther.
"Um, do you not know what bug types would do to me?!" she asked, sounding paniced. Brian shook his head. Then he remembered he had other pokemon.
"How about you, Drizzle?" he called out. The buizel hopped to his feet and walked over. He sized up the Sycther.
"Eh, why not!" he said. Remembering something, Brian ran over and pulled his pokedex out of his bag.
"Sorry, this is the only way I can remember my pokemon's moves. So, you want to go first, or shall I?" Brian said, trying to sound more confident than he was Duster had swam back to shore, and was with Snivy, both of them intent on watching the battle. Brian's eyes bugged out when he saw that the Sycther was nearly twice Drizzle's level.
"Heh, levels aren't everything! I'm tough enough to be twice my level!" Drizzle boasted. Brian hoped so, cause this would be over quickly if he wasn't. But then again, levels weren't everything, were they?

Years
Jack was disappointed that the only way Brian could remember his own pokemon's move was to look at his pokedex but decided not to judge him since he was younger than most of the students at the school. "Guess I'll go first" Jack was always serious during a battle he tried to zone out all distractions around him and so did Blade "Ok Blade start out with a Night Slash" Jack shouted as the Scythers blades began to glow with a dark purple aura and Blade shot forward towards the Buizel as quick pace and as Blade got closer he whispered something the Buizel "Good luck, your going to need it"

Nideous

Years
"Get out of the way and use Sonic Boom!" Bri shouted. At least he wasn't tripping over his own commands the way he had when he had battled Skye. Drizzle barely twisted out of Blade's reach. He leapt into the air, and swinging his tails around, sent several bursts at Blade. Duster cheered them on.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie eyed Mark, raising a brow at the statement. Being the best was /her/ dream! A part of her wanted to verbally compete but she hadn't been in the mood at the moment, and so she found herself simply not immediately responding. She glanced away to the beach.

"...You really think you can do that?"

Her tone was somewhat curious, somewhat mysterious, as if there was hidden meaning behind the question. Valorie noted that although she desperately wanted to become champion, she did constantly question herself and her ability. Perhaps she was overly critical of herself, but it was out of a desperation to do well.

Then Selene approached and Valorie smiled at Selene lightly. She never got enough of compliments. Perhaps she had a bit of a self esteem issue? Who knew.

"Thanks! I can't wait until I get to have my next battle."

Was she implying something? Nothing was readily apparent from her tone or expression.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 19 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15 (Bite, Dig, Rock Slide, Facade, Return, Toxic)
---
---
---

Last edited:
Years
"Quick little bugger, not as fast as me though" Blade wasn't able to get out of the way of the sonic boom but tried to use his blades to deflect some of the damage. The sonic boom created a sand cloud so neither trainer could see a thing but Jack tried to stay unfazed "Vacuum Wave now Blade" Blade lifted his blades into the air and started spinning creating a large tornado clearing the sand and hopefully hitting the Buizel.

Nideous

Years
"Drizzle!" Brian yelled. Drizzle had been caught in the Vacuum Wave as he fell. He was whirled around, and eventually tossed out. He somehow managed to land on his feet.
"Are you alright, Drizzle?" Brian asked.
"Oh, it'll take me than a tornado to stop me!" Drizzle said with a grin. Brian nodded and smiled.
"All right! Use Quick attack!" Brian shouted. He wasn't doing to badly, all things considered. Then he thought of something.
"Hey, Jack! I forgot to ask before the match started. Are we going with one pokemon, or three?" Brian asked. Not that it really mattered either way to him, but maybe Duster and Snivy would like a chance to battle too. Drizzle grinned at Blade, and rushed around him in a circle, before charging straight for him.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
["Kehehe! Of course! Good to be around them eh?"] Snype said putting his arm around Duster and pulling her closer. He closed his eyes and smiled letting off a cheerful laugh. ["Kehehe. Being friendly is pretty much part of my own nature! I'm like a born natural at it!...Kinda. Some Pokemon take my mischievous personality the wrong way."] Snype said to Duster being as friendly as ever.

Mark turned his head to Selene and got up on his feet. "Of course! I'm confident enough! I'm sure with everything I've learned here I'll be champion in no time! I'll show my family it doesn't take luck to win it big!" Mark said cheerfully until his was hit in the side of the head by a beach ball. He quickly caught the Jigglypuff ball and noticed Selene was running over to them.

Mark noticed Ri was wearing similar floaties to Snype. If Snype were here, he would really get a good laugh from this. Valorie she loved battles... she already showed she couldn't wait for another one. Mark threw the ball over to Selene.

"So! What do you all plan on doing after the beach? I'm gonna see if I can catch myself a Pokemon!" Mark said.

Years
"No problem with a 3 on 3 battle" Jack looked over to Rocky who was sleeping on the sand and Blaze who was sunbathing but he really couldn't turn down a battle, he could only watch as the Buizle charged towards Blade but was too late to dodge the attack now "Blade use counter" he shouted as Blade's body began to glow red as he was hit hard by the Buizel's attack and rose one of his blades into the air and attempted to slam it down on the Buizel

Nideous

Years
Blade's blade slammed down on Drizzle's back hard. Drizzle cried out, but got back to his feet. Brian had no idea what Counter was, only that it seemed really powerful. Drizzle hadn't fainted, but needed a rest before fighting some more.
"Drizzle return! Snivy-" Brian said as he called back Drizzle.
"Nope! I'm not going against him! Send in Duster!" Snivy said.
"Fine, Duster, go take Drizzle's place!" Brian said. Duster eagerly ran on to the battlefield.
"Hi! I've never met you before!" Duster said in greeting to Blade.
"Duster, use Growl!" Brian shouted, then groaned as her growl sounded to cute to be taken as a threat.

Years
Brian had switched out his pokemon now he was up against a normal type who let out a cute little growl. "Growl huh" Jack knew the dangers of growl knowing that it lowers Blade's attack "Ok Blade strike first, take no prisoners, use Quick Attack" Blade shot towards the Minccino as fast as he could. Winning a battle with only Blade would be great but impractical, maybe Brian was smarter than he looked since Jack's other two pokemon were weak to water types.

Nideous

Years
"Duster get out of- Oh never mind! Use Pound!" Brian shouted. Duster had been hit by the Quick Attack before he'd even finished telling her to dodge it. She got back to her feet, and ran toward Blade, intent on beating his skull in. Snivy walked over to him.
"That was smart calling back Drizzle," she said.
"Really? I just thought that he could use a break," Brian said. She shrugged, but refused to tell him why that had been smart. It made him frustrated, but he had to focus on the battle. Duster leapt to the right at the last second, and swung her tail at Blade's feet.

Years
Blade was flat on his back after Minccino had swept at his feet with the pound attack "Ok Blade lets take a little break" Blade hopped back to his feet and refused "No way i'm just getting started" Blade was as headstrong as his trainer meaning he didn't want to give up but now wasn't the time for him to be stubborn "It's not a question" Blade reluctantly but rightfully stepped down from the battle at took his place at Jack's side "Ok Blaze get in there" the Charmander rushed to the battlefield and awaited instructions happy that Jack trusted him to come in and battle now. "Use flamethrower!" Blaze released a red-orange stream of fire from its mouth towards Minccino.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Laughing out loud as the ball hit the side of Mark's head, Sel caught the returned beach ball and placed it on the rising and falling water in front of her, drawing her fingers through the aqua sea. "I have no idea if I'm being honest...seeing as I'm here, I suppose my team is missing a water-type, so it may be worth scouting around and finding one...although I haven't brought my bag out with me, no pokeballs...I'll be right back. Keep an eye on Jigglypuff for me," she grinned, waving to Mark and Valorie as she splashed through the ocean to the beach. She noticed that Jack and Bri were battling on the shore, and she couldn't help but wander over to watch.

"Go on Duster!!" she cheered for the cute little pokemon. She had a soft spot for the young trainer, he reminded her of the young boys back home when they battled. She went to her bag, picked out her belt and fastened it over her bikini shorts, with Ri,Ryan and Blu's pokeballs and a couple of spares on there. She watched the battle and sat down on the sand, her legs crossed. She'd get back to the water to catch some pokemon later...she couldn't resist watching battles.

Back