• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon in B2/W2...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This idea may have come to people's minds when B/W 2 was announced. Do you think there will be new Pokemon other than the current unreleased ones? Or that this'll maybe be a jump into a new generation, mixed with old Unova and new Unova Pokemon? What do you guys think about the idea of them throwing in a few new Pokemon that can't be found in the actual versions of Black and White? Or would you just like to see the current Pokemon redone with new formes? Discuss!

You may also discuss whether you think they'll put in the old generation Pokemon before post-game instead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
I had an idea for a new region, seeing as it IS a sequel.

Maybe some exclusives in the possibly new region

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
So many Pokémon Black & White 2 threads!

I doubt they will add any more new Pokémon until the next generation, I think they were saving the unrevealing three for these games specifically maybe one being exclusive to each or some sort of system.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Only new forms/formes. There needs to be data for new full Pokemon for it to be compatible with Black/White and as it's a 5th gen game, it'll be compatible with those. Ergo, no new Pokemon as it's still a 5th gen game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If there is then we might as well call B2W2 generation 5.5 if not gen 6...
I don't expect to see any new ones. Maybe a diffrent looking Basculin though...

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Yeah i would like to see a new Basculin, but i think the most different it could be other than new formes are new movesets, like more Fighting moves for Emboar.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would like new movesets but not new Pokemon. The generation has a nice number of Pokemon right now, the Kanto sweet spot if you will, and adding new Pokemon would separate it too much from the rest of the series.

BUT! I would like if they put more past-generation Pokemon in the games in different routes, to show that they've creeped more into the region. :3

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm sure there will not be new Pokémon, just new forms for Kyurem and maybe one or two more for other Pokémon. I think there will be new areas to explore to the north and/or west of Unova.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I would love for there to be new Pokemon. But that doesn't change the fact that there is almost no chance of that happening in reality since these are sequels, not completely new games.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
If my idea of it being based in Unova and Kanto is correct I'd like a mix off all gen pokemon but the early ones in Hoenn and the later ones in Unova

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Meh, there should only be new Pokemon every new Generation, and this is still Gen V.
I don't mind a few forms, but we already have a mess of new Pokemon. That's good enough!

Years
Maybe they could make rare pokemon like Emolga and the snow flake one more common. New pokemon in the middle of a gen would be stranger than changing game counsel's (which they didn't).

Years
^ That thought crossed my mind but it will be wierd to link Luvdisc with the heart fish (forgot it's name) in the middle of a generation...but I guess anything is possible now...

Cid

Years
I'm agreeing with Toujours and Cello. I think the number of Pokémon this generation has at the moment is enough.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in new formes for some of the more interesting Pokémon like how they did with Rotom from Gen IV. It would fit with the duality theme that they've been emphasizing up until now.

It's more likely that they won't do much to the Pokémon, though, and that's fine.
Hopefully, they'll introduce Pokémon from the previous generations this time around.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't think I'm ready for a bunch of new Pokemon yet but I want to see them make more differences between female and male Pokemon. I have trouble seeing Leavanny or Serperior as males.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
There won't be new Pokemon, aside from the ones hidden in data (Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo).
I'm sure of it.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I hope Pokemon Black and White 2 will have an Unova dex with not just all Unova Pokemon, but also some old Pokes from generations I to IV.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Since Game Freak is making everything "new"... why not? We might only get a handful of new Pokémon, but I would actually love that. It would be like Generation 5.5! so not a ton of new Pokémon like 150, but around 5 could cut it. It could even be a sneak preview to the Pokémon of Generation 6, like pre-evolutions.

B2/W2 might actually feature a visit to another region, if even just a short visit. It might be just an island, or an archipelago, so it would make sense for there to be non-Unova Pokémon.. or just new formes. I would LOVE for there to be new branch evolutions, instead of having only ONE choice of evolution like how Generation 5 is now :-(

Well, whatever happens, I know I won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back