• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I've played the the Nintendo 64 version, Melee and Brawl. I liked Brawl the best, my favorite character was Zero Suit Samus and my least favorite was... well, I didn't really have one, haha. xD

The Brawl trailer I watched a few years back said they were introducing Midna. I literally flipped out. I was so excited! Then when we bought the game, no Midna... I moped for several days. I wanted to murder someone at Nintendo. But hey, I put my brave face on and then kicked the wall as hard as I could. I'm hoping they introduce the freaken imp, because she would be so epic! ^^

But now, I hope they introduce Lightning. Imagine using a Gunblade, oh, and the Final Smash can be her summoning Odin! :D

Which trailer was that? I never heard of them introducing Midna. xD
About Lightning, as much as I doubt that will ever happen, it would be pretty cool.

I knew Sonic would be back! Take that, Pinkie-Dawn. :P
If the thing about Sonic's late entry in Brawl causing the removal of Roy and Mewtwo is true, then this time they can all co-exist.

About Toon Link, I hope his moveset is altered a little bit more so he's less clone-like compared to Adult Link. Same goes for any other character added that was considered a clone.
I also hope that at least one thing changes about each character that distinguishes them from their previous game counterpart. So far, the only ones who have really received any significant changes are Bowser and Pit.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I have a feeling that most of the newcomers will be characters representing their own series as shown with the first three revealed newcomers, because Sakurai commented that Nintendo hasn't made any post-Pikmin IPs with characters who can fit in Smash Bros., and now we have new misc. characters created after Brawl alongside with the Wii Fit Trainer: a Rhythm Heaven rep (Karate Joe, Ringside Wrestler, etc.), Shulk, Aeon, Mallo, Dillon, Wonder Red, and the new IP Miyamoto is working on.

The Brawl trailer I watched a few years back said they were introducing Midna. I literally flipped out. I was so excited! Then when we bought the game, no Midna... I moped for several days. I wanted to murder someone at Nintendo. But hey, I put my brave face on and then kicked the wall as hard as I could. I'm hoping they introduce the freaken imp, because she would be so epic! ^^

It's because the Smash Bros. developers wouldn't want to waste a slot on a character who would never appear in another game from his/her series of origin again. What makes you think the guys at Smashboards shoot down any suggestions of Majora, Zant, and Ghirahim?

But now, I hope they introduce Lightning. Imagine using a Gunblade, oh, and the Final Smash can be her summoning Odin! :D

Except Lightning never appeared on any Nintendo system, nor is she as iconic as Cloud, who also doesn't appear in any Nintendo system (not counting the Kingdom Hearts games).

Nakala Pri

Which trailer was that? I never heard of them introducing Midna. xD
About Lightning, as much as I doubt that will ever happen, it would be pretty cool.

I knew Sonic would be back! Take that, Pinkie-Dawn. :P
If the thing about Sonic's late entry in Brawl causing the removal of Roy and Mewtwo is true, then this time they can all co-exist.

About Toon Link, I hope his moveset is altered a little bit more so he's less clone-like compared to Adult Link. Same goes for any other character added that was considered a clone.
I also hope that at least one thing changes about each character that distinguishes them from their previous game counterpart. So far, the only ones who have really received any significant changes are Bowser and Pit.

I remembered watching a trailer in EB Games, man, I was so excited! It made me feel so alive, but then they let me down... oh well, at least Brawl was still a fun, fast and furious game. :D

I have a feeling that most of the newcomers will be characters representing their own series as shown with the first three revealed newcomers, because Sakurai commented that Nintendo hasn't made any post-Pikmin IPs with characters who can fit in Smash Bros., and now we have new misc. characters created after Brawl alongside with the Wii Fit Trainer: a Rhythm Heaven rep (Karate Joe, Ringside Wrestler, etc.), Shulk, Aeon, Mallo, Dillon, Wonder Red, and the new IP Miyamoto is working on.

It's because the Smash Bros. developers wouldn't want to waste a slot on a character who would never appear in another game from his/her series of origin again. What makes you think the guys at Smashboards shoot down any suggestions of Majora, Zant, and Ghirahim?

Except Lightning never appeared on any Nintendo system, nor is she as iconic as Cloud, who also doesn't appear in any Nintendo system (not counting the Kingdom Hearts games).

I know, but I was so disappointing that they cancelled Midna. It drove me nuts, plus I prefer Lightning to Cloud. Lightning is a fighter, even though she is cold and icy, she has this determination to save the world, despite the risks. She doesn't care if she dies, as long as another may live. Plus I can totally imagine her using Odin and slaughtering Megaman. Oh, since they're make Lightning Returns there is a slight possibility. >:D

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's a "leaked" picture that showed up yesterday:

9gpo.png

A lot of users are saying this is fake because of how Pikachu's falling animation was copy/pasted from the dojo pic, Mega Mewtwo was ripped from the hacked Brawl models, and how the sky in the battlefield stage is darker than how it was shown before (though that usually happens whenever someone has the smash ball). What do you guys think?

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Also notice how Mewtwo's battle portrait isn't its Mega form. And yeah that Pikachu doesn't look "real" to me, he looks like melee Pikachu. This could just be some Brawl hack imo. The battle field stage looks too much like Brawl's in size, so it's probably just a stage texture/model hack.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Also notice how Mewtwo's battle portrait isn't its Mega form. And yeah that Pikachu doesn't look "real" to me, he looks like melee Pikachu. This could just be some Brawl hack imo. The battle field stage looks too much like Brawl's in size, so it's probably just a stage texture/model hack.
That definitely does NOT look like Melee Pikachu.
pikachu.png

This is Melee Pikachu.

The Pikachu in that screenshot is from this exact picture.
ibduUZZ.jpg

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I find it hilarious that today, instead of a Pokémon reveal we've been expecting because of X and Y's release tomorrow, we get a screenshot of the Wii Fit Trainer's butt. Sakurai has trolled the Smash community once again. XD

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hm, I'm just wondering - do you guys play stock or timed battles more?

I tend to play stock battles more... for some reason, since I'm not quite an aggressive person trying to net KOs, teehee.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Guys, we've got a Pokemon reveal!

Spoiler:

I tend to play stock battles more... for some reason, since I'm not quite an aggressive person trying to net KOs, teehee.

I play stock battles with the time limit on (approximately 2 minutes for the purpose of saving those matches).

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hm, I suppose that will be one of the pokemon that will appear when you'd open a pokeball! But the question of the day is, what will it do. :o

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Hm, I suppose that will be one of the pokemon that will appear when you'd open a pokeball! But the question of the day is, what will it do. :o
My best guess is that it'll use its signature move: Geomacy, since box legendaries as pokeball summons always use their signature moves in Smash Bros.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The new Male Wii Fit Trainer has been added guys:

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/10/super_smash_bros_wii_fit_trainer.jpg[/IMG[

What are your thoughts on this? Also, the new game has been rumored to be released sometime in May of 2014. Do you believe that?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's strange that Marth is being used to advertise Awakening (in the U.S.) and FE12 (in Japan) when both of those titles were already out prior to 2013. I also heard that the guys at /v/ are moaning for the loss of Lucina's chance at entering the roster because of her ancestor's confirmation.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Who do u want in ssb4 ?

This thread is about your predictions and hopes of characters for ssb4

As for me i hope bass, shadow, and balloon fighter

p.s. If you dont know marth was confirmed today :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
This thread is about your predictions and hopes of characters for ssb4

As for me i hope bass, shadow, and balloon fighter
......... I'm not going to bother responding to these type of character requests.

In other news, new stage confirmed!

Spoiler:

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Posted by Bruce Banner: The new Male Wii Fit Trainer has been added guys
WHAT THE??????? What is a creepily pale friendly physical trainer going to do in a fighting game? What's his final smash, making everyone else healthier? He does not seem like the punchy type.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
WHAT THE??????? What is a creepily pale friendly physical trainer going to do in a fighting game? What's his final smash, making everyone else healthier? He does not seem like the punchy type.
Nor do a bunch of other characters, to be fair. Animal Crossing's Villager, or even in previous games (ROB wasn't even a vg character to begin with as much as a device as I understand it.). I'd say he fits in, because the Smash franchise is a lighthearted one in the first place, and a crossover to boot across many different games.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Are people going to purchase the 3DS or the Wii U version or both when it eventually comes out? I assumed that I'd probably go for the Wii U but seeing as I don't have one yet (and don't have a particular desire to get one for the foreseeable future), I might just end up plumping for the 3DS for the novelty of playing SSB on the move! :D

Back