• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen NEW! Pokemon Super Training

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2019
With all the new info associated with the latest CoroCoro leaks, the new super training facility has been confirm.

august_p10_05.jpg

Which means EV training is visible and is becoming mainstream. The new ways to improve Pokemon stats is groundbreaking and will make maxing out and getting the most of Pokemon. So please tell me what you think about the new training facility and the possible ways to train them.

You can see Geodude playing some type of soccer minigame:
august_p11_01.jpg

This is called Super Training Regimens which allow pokemon to train themselves

Its still unknown exactly what stats it affects.
august_p11_05.jpg

august_p11_07.jpg

The second way of training is known as Core training

It's not your Pokémon's level that goes up but its base stats, the underlying values that define your Pokémon's skills in battle.

august_p12_01.jpg

As these base stats increase, your Pokémon can increase its HP, Attack, or other stats beyond those of another Pokémon of the same species at the same level. These base stats could be increased using items and other methods in previous Pokémon titles, but in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to raise them far more easily than ever before, thanks to Super Training. This will lay the groundwork for more Pokémon Trainers to aim for the very top!

august_p12_02.jpg

I expect more information to follow later this month as we enter crunch time with less than 2 month.

Ryokan

future sight
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2019
This and the mega evolutions makes it seems like game freak is really focusing on the competitive side of the game. Seems cool to me!

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
I don't like this...
I like original EV training, it shouldn't be out in the open.
That, and the main pokemon games has never really had 'training' before
aside from the Join Avenue fitness center, I believe.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2019
I respectfully disagree the new training center will be an addition to the normal way of EV training so no harm done. If anything it makes it more fun to do it rather than the boring old way so its more personal preference. X and Y will definitely feature plenty features to explore. More content will make this very addictive for me in the least.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
this is what i think:

ALE****INGLUIA FINALY!!!! ABOUT DAM TIME

no more pokemon genocide to ev train

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't like this...
I like original EV training, it shouldn't be out in the open.
That, and the main pokemon games has never really had 'training' before
aside from the Join Avenue fitness center, I believe.
If I may - why shouldn't it?

I don't follow why letting people customise how they train their Pokemon be more 'open' is a bad thing. Especially when it is clearer to the older system which was 'beat up these specific Pokemon x times to gain y number of stat gains for that particular stat, up to a non-round number as a maximum limit. Except it changes with this disease or hard-to-obtain item, in which case...' It was a bit too complicated in a way, and more people getting into the more competitive environment is no bad thing imo. It's good for people interested in getting into it, and good for people already in it as it just gives them more ways to EV train.

Join Avenue and other features were a clear step towards integrating it more into general use, and it was generally well received, so I'm not surprised they've continued in this direction.

Besides - minigames! That means more to do beyond the usual 'beat the gyms beat the team be the champion explore everywhere catch them all' deal. I'm quite okay with that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What I do want to know is that will previous EV training methods still exist, or has it all been replaced by Super Training, so Pokémon no longer give out EV points upon defeating it in XY?

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
So Game Freak is finally embracing EV training. Hooray!
Finally, my friends won't think I play Pokemon like a crazy person.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I really like this idea. I looks fun, and sort of reminds me of the Pokethon in Johto...
Hopefully they'll keep the old method too for those who don't want to bother with the mini games.

Now if only they sell Ev lowering berries and I'll be set.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
This is great! Great to see more competitive battling open up to more people. Me included.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
What I do want to know is that will previous EV training methods still exist, or has it all been replaced by Super Training, so Pokémon no longer give out EV points upon defeating it in XY?

I hope it's been replaced by super training! That way you could EV train your starter.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I welcome Super Training with open arms. If it becomes available at the very start of the game, I'd focus on EV training my starter in the appropriate stats before heading off on my journey. The only things I'm hoping for is that the EVs I get won't be random each time I complete a mini game and that there won't be limits on how many times I can use it every day

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I'm really happy about the super training. I always hated how EVs were invisible in the past. And now my friends who had no idea what EV training was will know what I was talking about all along.

Erasing EVs took unreasonable effort, in that you had to grow berries as the only way. I hope there'll be a quicker method of erasing EVs. Furthermore, whereas some EV tranining like speed was always easy (lol magikarps and basculins), others like defense were tricky (in BW, the best way to EV train defense is in the Pinwheel Forest, in which only 60% of opponent's give defense, so you have to keep randomly running.) I'm glad that it'll be more explicit now, where you'll probably just go in an arena that gives you a 100% chance of fighting a certain type of stat. Even better, is that they might let you beat things like Entei (3 special attack EVs) instead of just the wild things that only give 1 EV.

However, there are 2 things about EV training which currently annoys me, which I doubt they'll fix with super training:

1) 255/255 versus 252/252/6. It annoys me that the last 3 EVs currently do not round up, meaning that perfectionist would have to put the last 4 or 6 EVs into another stat. Based on the screenshot, it seems that super training will merely show you a meter of how filled a stat is, as opposed to a precise number. Furthermore, the fact that we may possibly end up facing off against opponents who vary in the amount of EVs they give means it would be hard to stop precisely at 252 as opposed to 255.

It's worth mentioning that currently, the coding for the battle tower/subway shows the CPU pokemon having 255/255 as opposed to 252/252/6. Considering Gamefreak doesn't currently give a crap about the last 6 EVs, this is why I predict they still won't give a crap.

2) Pokérus. It's not fair that something which literally halves your time EV/super training can only be found in the wild through luck. I want there to be events that give away Pokerus. I want it to be purchasable through Battle Points or pokedollars. I don't mind that shinies appear due to luck, because shinies have no effect on battle. However, pokerus does, and you shouldn't need to "have a friend" or whatever.

I'm not biased when making this argument... my first pokemon game was Pokemon Diamond, and I got Pokerus after the 4th gym, purely by luck. And I was HAPPY to have gotten it even moreso than a shiny, because I knew how effective pokerus was.

Back