• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
I'm having a problem with entering my Meat City (Viridian City). I edited it, and what I think might of happened was that when I was editing was that I deleted the level script of the Old Man, so how can I fix this?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm having a problem with entering my Meat City (Viridian City). I edited it, and what I think might of happened was that when I was editing was that I deleted the level script of the Old Man, so how can I fix this?

If you have the clean ROM of FireRed, then you can go into (3.1) and find the old man. Copy his script offset to your hack and you have your script back! The level script is still in the game, though- it's hard to delete it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
Hello!
I have noticed that 4th gen poke games use a 24-bit color pokemon/trainer sprites so my question is: Is there a way how i can do this in FR/LG ROM? and do i need to know ASM for this.

thanks

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Hello!
I have noticed that 4th gen poke games use a 24-bit color pokemon/trainer sprites so my question is: Is there a way how i can do this in FR/LG ROM? and do i need to know ASM for this.

thanks

The GBA is incapable of emulating this feature, so you will have to index them into 16-bit graphics.

EDIT: Does anybody know if AdvanceMap is capable of automatically inserting movement permissions when you insert in a tile in a way other than inserting said tile, adding movement permissions, and copying the tile over and over?

Last edited:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
quick question. how do you make it so your pokemon can level up past 100?

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I'm starting to lose faith in this community, since I've posted my questions 3 TIMES ALREADY and I haven't gotten a single answer. \seriously pissed off

BUT if anyone cares for the little guy here, I'll ask one more question. This time, a different one. The ROM is still Fire Red.

How do you get Prof. Oak to show up in his lab without having to go through his Pallet Town event?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I'm starting to lose faith in this community, since I've posted my questions 3 TIMES ALREADY and I haven't gotten a single answer. \seriously pissed off

BUT if anyone cares for the little guy here, I'll ask one more question. This time, a different one. The ROM is still Fire Red.

How do you get Prof. Oak to show up in his lab without having to go through his Pallet Town event?

Put "setvar 0x4055 0x1" in some script at the start of the game to set the level script in Oak's Lab to trigger when you enter it.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
I'm replacing all tiles in Pokemon Fire Red for my hack, and I've inserted some.
This is what I get:
Spoiler:

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the green bar in the left?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I'm replacing all tiles in Pokemon Fire Red for my hack, and I've inserted some.
This is what I get:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the green bar in the left?

Did you make your new tiles match the pallette of the FR tileset first? Then you change the pallette to that of the tiles. The green column are tiles that do not match the current Pallette.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Strangely enough, they are the standard tiles of Fire Red...

Hmm, that is strange... Something made them go wrong. Perhaps their colours have gone wrong... Either way, it can be fixed. Go into a clean FR ROM, open the same Tileset in that ROM, save that, open in Paint, copy and paste the bit that isn't in your new tileset. If that doesn't work, you may need to restart.

tomotaku

KoganStyle
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2011
hi, i hav a problem with yape, when i start pokemon leafgreen it works perfectly, but when i start emerlad the next message appears:
h t t p : / / i 3 1 . t i n y p i c . c o m / 5 1 2 0 w 1 . p n g
what could be the problem?

Years
I'm having trouble to make the start of the journey in R/S/E be like FR, for example, starting off in your bedroom without going threw all the truck crap. Could someone tell me how to do this, as I've tried loads of tools.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
By using the stamp function, you can copy the tiles from the map, and it will copy all the movement permissions that are associated with that tile. For example, if you put a tree on the map, and made it's movement permissions, then used the stamp, ALT=CLICK AND DRAG, I believe, and put it on your map. Then, the movement permissions that you set earlier will be applied to that stamp, and you won't have to do as much!

Yes, but if you would just re-read my post, you'd notice that I said to do this without using the stamp function.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
XSE won't display scripts

Okay, I have a somewhat large problem. I am unable to view when clicking 'view script' in Advance Map. Yes, I've specified my script editor, it is XSE, and when pressing view script XSE will just open up and display a blank script, no matter what event/script I try and open. I can edit scripts I've saved and write new scripts just fine, it's just viewing scripts already compiled into the ROM that's giving me trouble. Does anybody know whats causing this problem and how to fix it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm having trouble to make the start of the journey in R/S/E be like FR, for example, starting off in your bedroom without going threw all the truck crap. Could someone tell me how to do this, as I've tried loads of tools.
One easy way would be to remap the truck so it looks like your bedroom,
and change the warps. :3

EDIT:
Now for my question:
where, If there are any, can I find ripped RSE tiles?

Last edited:

Cardboard Roof

PokéROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I am having aproblem with my PROF OAK script. I havnt changed anything except the text but heres the problem:

I took the original PROF OAK PALLET TOWN script (hey wait! dont go out!) and moved it over X amount of spaces to the right, i also moved OAK and his lab the same X amount of spaces so there was practically no difference except for there positions. However now when i stand on the script the game just freezes except for the music. (sorry for long post) is there any way i can fix this? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back