• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm getting back into Pokemon with X & Y

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I've been away for 10 years, but now that I am out of school and have no peer pressure am jumping right back into Pokemon. I want to learn about them, everything I missed and am looking forward to getting Pokemon X in October along with a 3DS XL. I'm a writer that after learning about the worlds once again will hopefully have some fanfic to contribute to such a great community. I also draw, but seldomly and am looking to possibly make my own comic stories of Pokemon with a more adult twist. It feels good to be back. :-)

Years
Hi ProfGrove, and welcome to the community.

Its nice that you have comeback to the games after a long time. About the pokemon x and y i don't know much, but i hope it is amazing.

Do you have seen the special nintendo 3ds pikachus edition? i think look very cool, but i don't know whether it is worth the cost.

We have in the community a special section dedicated to the fan fics, this is the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

And also have a artwork for drawings, so explore the forum and have fun.

Welcome =D

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hello there ProfGrove and welcome to PC!!
I know what you mean by peer pressure. I've always loved Pokemon ever since i saw the Anime and got Pokemon Yellow as my first game. When everyone around you "grows up" and thinks Pokemon is not cool anymore, it's weird to stick to it...
But I'm glad to see your found your way back, and this is definitely the perfect community for it! If you are curious about X/Y, you should check out *this* thread. Everything that has been revealed on the games so far is being discussed there (:

So what was your first Pokemon Game? And which are some of your favorite Pokemon?
Being a writer has to be a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to read some of your stuff!!
If you ever need anything, don't be afraid and just ask away ;)
I'll see you around, have fun!! :D ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Well, my first Pokemon game was Red and blue, but I also played Yellow, Silver and Gold. I quit playing after Silver and Gold (even though those were my favorites) and grew out of Pokemon. I'm just glad to be back into the Pokemon world. I don't really have a favorite Pokemon and tend to like most of them in some way or another. :-)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hello! Welcome to the forum! And back to Pokemon!

Pokemon X and Y are great games to begin your interest in Pokemon again. I bet that this will happen with a lot of people because of all the new features the games will offer that are different and completely new. I'm pumped for trainer customization and the new battle scenes! Be sure to check out the new X and Y forum dedicated to the new games where you can speculate with the other members about them. It's sure to be the hottest section over the course of the next few months since there is so much info to be revealed on them!

Anyway, if you need anything, just ask! Welcome to PC!

Back