• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rumor/Unconfirmed Information Discussion Thread

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I WANT THE WORLD TOURNAMENT PLEAAAAAAASEEEE LET THIS NOT BE FAKE
I hope Rocket's not back. If any team should be back....welllllll....You already know what I'm about to say....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I remember having a dream of a tournament between gym leaders and champs (only it was in Fortree, Hoenn...) I'm glad to see that might become a reality ^_^
Geo's back? Well if true than I'm glad for Silver, his father didn't commit Suicide...speaking of Silver might he appear too?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
World Tournament?

Damn, if this is true, that's incredible! I'm sure that PokeFans all over the world have been waiting for something like this!
I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I don't care haha :]

Although I do have my doubts. BW1 took place how many years after GS/DP? 10? Wattson & Blaine must be close to, if not already retired. Also, Giovanni? What is he doing here? Could Team Rocket be coming back AGAIN?

However if I recall correctly, Cynthia did say something in BW1 about Champions from all regions gathering in Unova.

Found it: "Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

So that COULD be a sign that the rumor is true!

I will be so dissapointed if this rumor turns out to be false, but it does seem way too good to be true. :[

Cheren as a Gym Leader? I wouldn't doubt it. Black & White 2 is basically the Gold & Silver to Black & White, and your rival in Red & Blue does turn out to be a Gym Leader in GS. Maybe Cheren is the final Gym Leader you have to face?

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
As much as I adore this, I am very skeptical. The idea of having over 50 trainers with high level Pokémon to battle sounds too good to be true. This certainly would get people who may have not bought the game to now buy it though.

Years
Perhaps only a select few of the gym leaders would appear...40 gym leaders from the old generations and BW seems like too much...Personally I would like to see Brock, Misty, Geo, and Blue from Kanto; Falkner, Clair from Johto, All of Hoenn Roxanne, Braly, and Wallance and Juan from Hoenn; Roark, Volkner from Sinnoh; and all of Unova (because we are still in Unova).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, maybe each gym leader is accessible by a wifi event. Like, "the misty wifi event - to enable battles with misty in the world tournament, download this ticket" or something, like every month which gives people something to look forward to rather than all at once? :x

Years
^ You mean kind of like the Wi-fi stories available in Conquest? That's possible, or maybe they use the dream world points to acess them in game after you get a certain score.

Back