• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen What do you think of B/W2?

Years
I quite enjoy it. The story is a bit weaker this time around, but I really liked the story for B/W - it was by far the most well thought-out and went a bit past get all badges - take down evil organisation - become champion, so that's probably not fair on B/W2's behalf.

It was a bit easy after the 6th badge, though. :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
It's sooooo much better than BW. I lost interest I couldn't even beat the damn game lol. This one is better even for the sake of being able to catch a lot more pokemon.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
I have not yet got b\w 2 butt my brother has it and it seems really cool! He has beaten 8 gyms and Ican not wait 2 buy it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
I absolutely love the game. The new areas of Unova are amazing. My only problems come from the Gyms and E4 and champ.

Gyms -
The new designs are amazing. I love them all.
My big issue is with the trainers and the leaders.

Gym 1 -
All three trainers, this includes the leader, use the same two Pokemon and I find that stupid.

Gym 2 -
No problems

Gym 3 -
They could have done better with Burgh. Giving him Swadloon was absolutely stupid.

Gym 4 -
So many electric types and you restrict it to Elekid, Flaaffy and Blitzle. That disappoints me.

Gym 5 -
You have a crazy diversity of ground Pokemon and SEVEN trainers in the gym but those seven trainers (Not including Clay), use from the same three Pokemon as
A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC
The fact that there is no Onix, Sandshrew, Palpitoad, Numel, Swinub, Gligar, etc... is so stupid.

Gym 6 -
No problems.

Gym 7 -
It's no obsticle for one, it's very straight forward and easy.
The levels here are much higher than in BW and yet you will see Axew in the gym, the Pokemon not used in BW. At the same time, there is no Vibrava or Altaria and that bothers me as well.

Gym 8 -
Water is my favorite type. The fact that there is an insanely large number of water types and there is only six trainers here bothers me. There is no Seismitoad, Simipour, Crawdaunt, Dewgong, Corsola, Vaporeon, Octillery, or Lapras used in this gym. This is sad. The bigger problem with this is that you have the one trainer with two Basculin because the idea of having both coloured Basculin with the same moveset is perfectly creative (providing you ignore nearly 50-60% of the fishers in the game before the post game) The gym leader having Wailord seems stupid and only using three Pokemon is sad. Mantine being the challenge mode addition doesn't make it any better.

E4 -
Shauntal
Good. I can see the addition of Drifblim over Jellicent thanks to Marlon and I respect it.

Grimsley
Now that the past gens mix in and you have Umbreon, Crawdaunt, Absol, Drapion, and Weavile, you having Liepard is no longer acceptable and keeping you old team is horrid.

Kaitlin
Claydol, Starmie, Lunaton, Solrock, Bronzong, Metagross, Espeon, and you keep your same team from before. You should be ashamed of yourself. Needs more Starmie and maybe even Claydol.

Marshall
Haracross, Toxicroak and Lucario. There is no more excuse for having Throh and Sawk when numerous normal trainers have them.

Iris
Hydreigon, Haxorous and Lapras are good. It's a good team, really, but I think Tyranitar should be there over either Druddigon or Archeops, maybe Drud to mix that annoying sand storm theme in there. Maybe give her her anime Excadrill with that Tyranitar and make her a real trollful challenging champ match.

Sorry for the ranting. I'm extremely picky and snippy with the gyms and E4 of any game. I just felt let down sort of with the Pokemon picked.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
looks like you are. As long as their pokes are strong I don't see any reason for them to have exceptionally different pokes from anybody else.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I loving it so far. I haven't played much of it in the past few days but I'm planning on picking it up again and playing some more it it very soon. That said I'm actually contemplating on trying to get White 2 and using that as the file I restart whenever, which hasn't happened since the third generation. Well, fourth but I never restarted my Platinum like I said I would; Sinnoh just wasn't too interesting to me I guess.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I found Black 2 much more tolerable than Black. There was a greater variety of Pokemon, which I appreciated - I assembled my team much more quickly, and it wasn't quite so monotonous and difficult to get into - and training wasn't quite as mind-numbingly tedious. I like how they made more of an effort to change the styles of the Gyms; it reminded me of Platinum quite a bit, actually, with each Gym having its own distinctive style. The soundtrack had improved massively from Black, and I've been enjoying the post-game features as well: the PWT is a nice addition, and medals appeal to the side of me that won't stop collecting trophies on PS3 games; it's an artificial extension of the game's lifespan, but one I welcome and will enjoy doing.

But, as with Black, I'm just not seeing how this is any different in terms of story. It's the same old with a slightly different coat of paint to make it look new, just as Black was. I wasn't disappointed, because I knew this was going to happen again as it had with Black, but at the same time, I just don't see how these games can be praised for story when there is barely anything there and what is there is practically identical to past generations. As far as Pokemon games go this is average, and as far as JRPGs go it's right at the bottom of the barrel. But I suppose I've grown cynical in my old age. I don't play Pokemon for story anyway.

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Best games ever! I love them! I've beaten the PWT, Black Tower, E4 a dozen times, fought N twice, gotten at least one of all of Curtis's pokemon, pretty much everything!

Last edited:
Years
The new games are one of the best Pokemon games ever, in my opinion.

What I loved about them was the great diversity of available Pokemon from other regions. Most of the trainers/gyms weren't too easy but I'd say, the champion could have been a little tougher.
Besides, there's so much to do, I get the feeling, the games will never get old :D To me, Black 2/White 2 are a lot better than their prequels. The Unova region is so beautiful and gigantic! :D

Years
Loved them. It is missing one thing though... gym leader re challenge. I mean cmon man, not dure about over seas bc i cant read japanese but if you check amy mssg board or blog or you tube video in the english language a majority of us have practically begged ge freak to let that feature make a return ( especially in a game where it is most needed. Wouldnt you love to re battle th with a full team instead of 3 or challenge mode 4 )

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Loved them. It is missing one thing though... gym leader re challenge. I mean cmon man, not dure about over seas bc i cant read japanese but if you check amy mssg board or blog or you tube video in the english language a majority of us have practically begged ge freak to let that feature make a return ( especially in a game where it is most needed. Wouldnt you love to re battle th with a full team instead of 3 or challenge mode 4 )

I think the PWT satisfied the need for gym leader rematches rather well. It was really good to be able to rebattle (almost) everyone.

Years
I think the PWT satisfied the need for gym leader rematches rather well. It was really good to be able to rebattle (almost) everyone.

you know...you would think so but i just doesnt do it for me. Dont get me wrong i am more than satisfied with the game and i love the pwt im in area 9 of black tower right now, i love the post game life of the game. I would just like a mini story and a gym rechallange before taking on the elite 4 the second time

Years
I say every year whilst I play, "this game is by far the best". The older games hold that nostalgia that BW2 can never have. They're classics and hold that "Pokemon-ness" to them. However the new games have online features and a broader range of characteristics. The newer games look more flashy and hip and better graphically.
All in all though, I prefer the newer ones :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I love the idea of the Black Tower, it has been very useful for me training my Pokemon to level 100 in order to beat the Elite Four with either only one Pokemon or a specific type of Pokemon and to gain a lot of money in order to spend it and finally get that $10,000,000 spent medal. I love the idea of the Medals and the new cities and towns as well. The only thing I did not like about Black 2 and White 2 was the Pokestar studios, it was boring in my opinion.

:t354:TG

Plasma Prince N

Full-time Pokémon Master.
Years
I enjoyed it overall, it was a great game! I loved all the different kinds of Pokémon you could encounter, especially early in the game. The new areas were very fun to explore, and the Join Avenue was actually rather entertaining. I've been doing the Magemite Trade method to level up my avenue, haha.

The only things I didn't like about the game as much as BW were the plot and characters. I know those are secondary to the Pokémon themselves in most cases, but the plot seemed kind of rushed. The characters also weren't as enjoyable as the original BW, but it didn't make me enjoy the game any less.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
I think these games were a huge step up from the original two. To be honest, I couldn't think of any major features that could make them better than they are now. However, one small feature I would've liked to return in these games and in generation 5 in general is the Pokemon following you like back in HG/SS.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I think these games were a huge step up from the original two. To be honest, I couldn't think of any major features that could make them better than they are now. However, one small feature I would've liked to return in these games and in generation 5 in general is the Pokemon following you like back in HG/SS.
I want the follow feature back as well.
Other than that B2/W2 have become my new favorite Pokémon games.

Back