• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game remaking.

Your thoughts

• I really couldn't care less about remakes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I love game remakes, in fact; a remake I'm looking forward to will be released in 9 days(destructoid even rated it 10/10).
You're talking about Persona 4 Golden, correct?

Yeah I actually wanna talk about this. It's not really a remake per se, rather a port of the PS2 game with added stuff. Or maybe an update would be better (Like Marvel vs Capcom 3 -> Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or even Persona 3 -> Persona 3 FES and SMT Nocturne -> SMT Nocturne Maniax), just on a different system. It's the same exact game, but with added stuff. Though it's the added stuff that I'm concerned about, which apparently is a lot of fanservice.

Not gonna spoil or anything, but after I heard how bad the fanservice is, I decided to check what they're all about. Yeah pretty much, they're really downgrading to the characters (particularly Naoto, who just so happens to be my favorite in vanilla P4), so it really bothers me that I have this crap in a Shin Megami Tensei game. I'm still getting it because Persona 4 is my favorite RPG (with Nocturne) and I can get to social link with Adachi and get new demons/Personae. (Loa, Baphomet and Son Wukong. <3) And it's Persona 4 on the go, that's good enough of a reason to get it.

Also the reviewer who gave the game 10/10 is a huge fanboy of Persona, and gave vanilla Persona 4 and Persona 3 [FES] 10/10 as well. lol

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Depends on the game. Some games would benefit from prequels, sequels or simple revisits. Games that totally don't warrant a remake bother me. Without playing the remake of OoT I was scepticle, still am, and would rather see it on the Wii. So I'm hoping we see something like MM remade.

Overall, if there's going to be a remake of a game, I really want it to feel like a remake and not a re-release with updated graphics. I feel the developers really need to put a lot of effort into a remake at the risk of seeming lazy otherwise.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Let's say, something like Final Fantasy IV for DS, or Dragon Quest IV-VI also for DS. I don't mind if they change something about the story and add some new characters. Even better I guess, since it's the same game I originally liked, yet a bit different to make it more interesting. The same game with only updated graphics and no new content would kinda suck. Imagine if all Super Mario All Stars games would be sold separately, so you'd only get the remake of the first game, or third etc. That would kinda suck, no?

Back