• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Fried oil.
That's quite possibly one of the grossest foods I have ever heard of. :x

Texas seems interesting haha. We just have corn fields and drug dealers here. I:

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Whoa. Slenderman. Through reading your usertitle I only just now realized that the name Kangaskhan derived from Genghis Khan. I've been a pokemon fan for sixteen years and I am astounded.

Years
I had fried ice cream once. It was at a chinese place, it was green tea fried ice cream. Was one of the best desserts of my life.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That there is the answer to everything that exists here. ;I

Philippine people, y u have such gross food? D: I've heard of it being eaten in the US, as well. Soon it will be human fetuses as well, hmm? Oh I might have gone too far there. :x

droomph

weeb
Years
I heard they used to do that in redneck china but then they stopped when they realized they probably needed kids to pass on their genes.

lol I can't believe they thought that eating fetuses would make them more likely to have kids

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm just going to go hide indoors for the rest of my life okay. :x

I don't see how it's funny but whatever. I can't even quite comprehend it.

droomph

weeb
Years
Sounds Chinese enough. That's the only reason I believe it.

They do some really crazy things cultural things (like kill all girl babies), and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that was what they do in the backwoods of China.

I've never actually like had people in my family that eat fetuses though :p

Oh, and speaking of female infanticide, why do they do that? Wouldn't having more females mean that reproducing would be more efficient? I mean, like put more babies out per male than the other way around.

Years
I know one tribe in the jungle commits female infanticide specifically to stop more babies from being born. The men in the tribe were raping the women and there were too many kids to take care of so they figured less women equaled less rape.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@droomph:
That's kinda the point, population control in a cruel way.
The "Family Planning Policy" is a law that restricts urban couples, and a few other groups, from having more than one child.
Anyone who violates said law will be fined depending on their social group, income, etc.

My rant on the subject:
Spoiler:

This is the first time i've posted here... am I doing it right? :x

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Pfff crazy China. I missed food posts, but I'm going back to that topic :p

I've never had oysters but I heard the delicacy-way of eating them is raw and alive ._.!!

Maybe one day I will try them.
Right out of the ocean with all its briney goodness.

I like oysters. Raw, yes. Alive? I dunno. It's a muscle. No brain, no heart. I don't know if its alive. Depending how fresh you have it, it may still squirm because its a muscle. If it makes you feel better though, I'd say once the shell is open that sucker is gone.

Weird foods, hmm... I don't know. I don't consider them weird. XD I think they're good. Recently some bone marrow (that's not uncommon, is it?), beef cheeks (pig cheeks, also awesome. Fish cheeks too I've heard), shaved dry cured tuna roe?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Its partly the fault of the Chinese government with their one child policy rule, after all, Chinese prefer boys to girls as boys take their family name while they treat it like they are taking care girls for nothing as they are going to get married off to another family, but I guess its cruel as well.

Years
The laws over there are in a completely different ball park to a lot of us, but hopefully things will change for the better.

RE food: I had some pretty random stuff when in Japan. Only thing was, I had no idea what was put in front of me, half the time, as we ordered very random things. Most of it was nice though. Haha.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Japan makes everything taste so much better. Foods that I normally was neutral on tasted delicious when prepared in the Japanese style. Even things like McDonalds breakfast became a delight to eat. Everywhere takes so much pride in their food's presentation and making sure that the customer is satisfied to an unconscionable level that maybe some of this taste is psychological... but I've definitely had my best foodie experiences in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back