• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I think Zel said it was the train with only the background moving, making it seem as if the train moved.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
What annoys be about the game is that the apricorns dont have to right sprites.

And Zel, I dontk now if you are changing them or not but if you dont know how you can just us unzl-gameboy

And you can change pokeball sprites so you can make new ones

Years
That is 95% off-topic, OIABM!
Next time, PM Zel if you want to talk to him seperately!

Sorry. I just really need help connecting the routes and the doors.

Anyways, I have yet to go farther then Azalea. That Farfetch'd is REALLY hard to get back to the trainer. Then is also goes into the trees where you can't go. Help please? And I still need help with the other stuff too.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Sorry. I just really need help connecting the routes and the doors.

Anyways, I have yet to go farther then Azalea. That Farfetch'd is REALLY hard to get back to the trainer. Then is also goes into the trees where you can't go. Help please? And I still need help with the other stuff too.

There is a map i made in the old thread to help you

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
A suggestion for zel, you can edit the SS anne so that it looks like the Magnet train. It is a sprite instead of tiles so it can move fast and have animations without the need to move the whole background. You can have the sprite move like when Carlos is walking towards you when you leave New Bark Town. Also: can you make the first Carlos battle when you get to Mr. Pokemon's house. The reason is it is a little difficult to win if you choose Chikorita because he keeps putting you to sleep and you cant win. I did that a little while back and i lost asgainst him like 3 times.

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Zel, did you fix the grass in ilex and make magnet train move in b5?

Zel said that he won't fix the grass in Ilex (read post 1).
And he probably won't make a moving train, since it maybe is beyond his skill. (Made maybe bold because I am not sure)

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
hey zel i think im playing beta 4 and theres a pikachu behind my house, and every time i talk to it i get another pikachu, its kinda weird

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Yea its very impressive that Zel has come very far. It is awesome, I bet beta 5 is going to be great an exciting game indeed.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I could of swore I saw a video of the magnet train in SG ...

Yes you saw that.

What I mean is: The train itself isn't moving. It is the background that moves so that it looks as if the train itself moves.
That's why I said that it is PROBABLY beynod Zel's current skills to make the train move instead of the background.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Yes you saw that.

What I mean is: The train itself isn't moving. It is the background that moves so that it looks as if the train itself moves.
That's why I said that it is PROBABLY beynod Zel's current skills to make the train move instead of the background.

He can make it move if he uses a sprite instead, like when silver runs past you in the beginning., he just needs to edit a big sprite like the SS Anne or the highspeed gallop ferry thing.

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
if this works the the trade feature in the pkmn center,i am tradin over all of the pokemon and uploading the to diamond ver.

Yea its a good idea yo. But if you use it in battles some people might look at the town where you got it so a safe thing to do is, once you put it into the ds or trade to a gba game or via pal park its a good idea if you Breed it. That way it will say hatched egg came from legit town and they cant stop you since its legit that way.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
X Mode is a pain in the ass, I killed Carlos's slowpoke, only to lose later to my rivals level 8 Chikorita.

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
hi im about to go in the national park this is my team:

quilava lv20
flaaffy lv20
pidgey lv17
marshtomp lv19
bellsprout lv18
drowzee lv10

is that good? should i replace bellsprout with treeko/grovyle?

X Mode is a pain in the ass, I killed Carlos's slowpoke, only to lose later to my rivals level 8 Chikorita.

im playing on normal shiny gold , how harder us x version than normal? oh yeah this game ROCKS although it would help if there was a FULL/detailed walkthough.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
I have been SRing for a Shiny Treeko in SG for the past couple months >_<

Still noting *sigh* at least its fast on a ROM and I dont use A+B thingy for SRing on a rom I just reload the save file (works and is faster because I timed both).

Also I am using Cute Charm so I might get a female one ^_^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Yea its a good idea yo. But if you use it in battles some people might look at the town where you got it so a safe thing to do is, once you put it into the ds or trade to a gba game or via pal park its a good idea if you Breed it. That way it will say hatched egg came from legit town and they cant stop you since its legit that way.

Agreed...but if they don't you can easily get a Celebi on Diamond/Pearl...

Also, it would be really cool if the train scripts/sprites all would work :)

~Cya, UnitRico

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hmmm... I've been noticing quite a few complains lately... Not good...

Why don't make some of the battle's like a trainer battle. Because if you're fighting a trainer, the option run is still there, even tough you're not able to run.

Don't worry, sometime I will figure out what to add so that those wildbattles cannot be run from.

What annoys be about the game is that the apricorns dont have to right sprites.

And Zel, I dontk now if you are changing them or not but if you dont know how you can just us unzl-gameboy

And you can change pokeball sprites so you can make new ones

It's just that I'm not in the mood to change key items graphics. And, why should I change the Pokeballs graphics, if no new Pokeballs with the GS effects can be made?

Zel, did you fix the grass in ilex and make magnet train move in b5?

No and No XD
(By the way, the Train thing I will not change till I get tired of how it looks right now. No more discussion about it)

Cool. That's the idea, if it is too hard for you, you should play the "easier version" :P

The good news are that my Uni won't start till next week, which means that I have a whole free week for me and the hack! Yay! (Too bad sooner or later this will be payed... -_-)

So, I'm running a check by playing the game again till I once again reach Route12 to keep on working where I was (by the way, I don't know what happens with the Red Gyarados event, I caught it like 10 times and I don't have that shiny glitch that was mentioned in the old thread... I'll try to do something to "guess" if I can fix it, but most likely, it could be a rom problem and you still would get that glitch. I don't know.

Alrighty, back to hack!

Back