• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokémon White 2 Team Plan! (Feel free to rate, criticize and suggest ideas)

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Hi there - again!

I've been posting a few threads in the In-Game Team Help thread recently, but many of them have been moved to sections which are dead and have not been replied to. I realized that instead of asking for a team setup from other users, I'll give an idea of the skeleton of my team.

Samurott
Lucario
Arcanine
Unfezant
Garbordor
Excadrill

Yes, I know. It needs movesets and things like that, and that's what I need help with. It's probably the worst idea ever (I'm a professional at making them) and needs a lot of changing, but I'm open to criticism.

Thanks in advance.

~Meaii

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Since you need help with team-building and improving your own ideas... i'd highly suggest that you come up with movesets. Don't think too hard. Just think of moves you'd have fun with. Try to avoid sites like Smogon. At most, just check what your pokemon could learn, then come up with something. Be creative.

Doesn't matter if the end result is crap, lame, or what... We could *actually* start a very wealthy discussion from there and give you ideas/suggestions to improve your team further. This way, not only do we make your team better, you could even develop your own ideas for better movesets in the future.

From what I see, you could wreck almost every type easily. Garbodor is (imo) a very unusual, yet nice, mix to the team as well. *hint* However, you're losing a pokemon that could effectively deal with water types.

Meaii said:
Hi there, molivious. How do you think I should slowly format movesets for my party?
For the team you've posted, 4 could've easily been fully-offensive sweepers while the other two would have had non-offensive roles of their own. However if I suggested the way I think, then it wouldn't be your team anymore. But mine instead, which you'd just be "borrowing". So what I'm trying to say is that your moveset will always depend on what you want to do with your team. Do you want a Pokemon to sweep? Do you want it to annoy the opposing team? Support the rest of the team? It's not anyone else's decision to make -- it's yours.

As I've mentioned previously, it's best that you come up with movesets of your own first. Just to let people get an idea of what was in your mind when you made that team. Even if the team was randomly picked, you should still have some idea how to make your pokemon fight. To be honest, it's really hard to go on with discussion/criticism/suggestions where someone simply asks for a moveset right off the bat -- it would just end up very one-sided with you not giving yourself a chance at all.

If this thread is just about throwing off a moveset to get your team "functional", then there are always sites like Smogon out there with the sample movesets along with detailed explanation - including those for counters and counters-for-counters. But if you want a discussion, then you must pour your own ideas into it as well.

tl;dr best anyone could really offer you in a forum is advice, tips and ideas to make your movesets better... but it's hard to give any of such when all you give us is a blank page with names written on it :/

I pointed out the pros-and-cons of your team briefly, and that's honestly all I could do atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Okay, third time at posting these movesets now, here we go! -

Samurott
503.png

Surf (STAB, one of the most powerful Water-type moves when you consider Power & Accuracy)
Ice Beam (if I get in a sticky situation, such as Garbordor fainting, grass type coverage and something to pound down Dragon types)
Toxic (something to annoy other Trainer's Pokémon)
Dig (this was slightly random and once again if I get in a sticky situation, such as Excadrill fainting, electric type coverage)

Lucario
448.png

Calm Mind (powering up physical moves as I think I want Lucario to be a special attacker)
Force Palm (until I am able to have Aura Sphere, mainly dealing with stupid Rock types etc)
Dark Pulse (move tutor, psychic type coverage)
Shadow Claw (Ghost type coverage)

** Will continue when I have the time! **

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Samurott: Dig's quite an excellent choice for a majority of your type's weaknesses -- Electric, Steel, etc. Same goes for Ice beam, as you have already mentioned.

While it's worthy to mention that your Samurott's offensive moves are ineffective against water types, Toxic's not bad a bad choice to cover for that. You did a good job for Samurott.

Moving to Lucario... Calm Mind doesn't raise physical moves' attack -- it raises Special. Going physically, you'll want Hone Claws instead.

Having both Dark pulse and Shadow Claw is not the best idea. They are both effective against the same types - Ghost and Psychic. So in short, the other attack becomes useless. If you plan to go physical, use Crunch instead. If you're going for a special Lucario, use Dark Pulse.

Aura Sphere goes well with Calm Mind. However, as mentioned, if you go physical, then you shouldn't have Aura Sphere on your moveset (as it is a special-type attack move). Instead, you should either go for Close Combat, High Jump Kick (which I would highly suggest, especially if you're using Hone Claws), or even Drain Punch (to keep your sustainability). This is will mainly be your STAB move, so think about it carefully.

Since we got rid of Shadow Claw, you're back to one free slot. Some good choices would be Stone Edge (with Hone Claws, the accuracy's not much of a problem) for Flying/Ice/Fire types and Extremespeed. Both of those are physical moves, though. So if you're going for Special, the ideal choices would probably be...Dragon Pulse, or maybe even Hidden Power (Hidden Power Ice or Ground are great). Pretty hard to determine Hidden Power without getting all serious with IVs though, so I might as well go with Dragon Pulse.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Whoops! :c I actually meant a special attacker, not physical. It seems I have lost the little Pokémon skills I had. >-< Thanks for the feedback, I will hopefully update and complete tomorrow!

Back