• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Pokémon Dreams: Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon.
===================================================
Download.
ATTENTION!
NuzMode has had zero, real playing time, only testing.
As down loaders, you are obligated to report any bugs/errors you uncover.
Please read the READ ME file within the download to learn how to play the game.
Audio files are not necessary. If you download them, just have the folder in the same location as the Game.exe.
This version is at it's basic testing stage and downloaders are testers. Progress you have made may become null for numerous reasons but remember, this game has had many new additions and some things may have been messed up along the way. Just report the bug as soon as possible with as much information as possible so the bug can be fixed ASAP.
This demo only has:
1 Rival Battle (dependent on your story, not to be confused with rival encounters)
7 Gym Battles
Over 500 Trainer Battles
36 Explorable Areas, including:
8 Towns/Cities and 3 Caves
188 Different Pokémon To Encounter (not to be confused with available Pokémon)
Original Legendaries can be encountered regardless (they have no particular storyline so they are Dex fillers. Legendaries that are NOT available within the game; Palkia, Dialga, Heatran. No particular reason, they are just not there. However, you must unlock the ability to encounter Legends. Unlocking them is simple. You can encounter them anywhere, they have no location, they cannot be searched through the nest screen, they are not roaming Pokémon. They are just encounter-able. You can catch them or defeat them as many times as you find them, defeating them grants you great experience, catching them grants you great perks.)

All of this is available to you providing no errors stop you lol.

Remember:
Save frequently.
If the message pops up saying "script is hanging, the game will restart...", close the window and re-load from a save point before it restarts. Report where you encountered this problem.
Update here with your progress and likes/dislikes. I want to hear from you. This game is made for you, I want you to be able to enjoy it for what it is/could be.
Any suggestions are welcomed.
Anything Essentials based is out of my control, but still report the error.
Based on Pokémon Essentials v16.1.
Enjoy.
But most importantly, REPORT ANY PROBLEMS.

Dropbox v1.0 link: Download Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP v1.0
Dropbox Audio link: Download Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP Audio
Walkthrough Part 1: View It Here
Walkthrough Part 2: View It Here
Walkthrough Part 3: View It Here
Please download the new Audio folder and overwrite your existing one... You CAN click no, it doesn't matter, but overwriting the whole folder is not a problem.
The Plot.

For you, to find the Legendary Pokémon, unknown, helpless and alone.
Throughout your journey you will uncover the mystery using clues you
find throughout the region. Many people and organizations are involved,
many different paths will coincide, prepare to unlock the mysteries of
the Legendary Pokémon.

The Story.
----

----
The Features.

Spoiler:

NuzMode.
Spoiler:

The Heroes.

Spoiler:

The Future Updates.

Eventing. 75%
Trainer Battles. 90%
Pokémon League. 100%
Finalizing. 20%
Play through. Ongoing%

The Screenshots.

battleboxes_zps0a4a2cc4.png
evterrainboosts_zps27d39f0c.png
itemsonfloor_zps344d61ce.png

1) Colors depict which insignia a Pokémon is.
2) Ev and Terrain Boosts.
3) Items on the floor, here, Rare Candy and Money.
charizardrage1_zpse1339d51.png
charizardrage2_zpsf661a35d.png
charizardrage3_zps4ff8ddc2.png
charizardrage4_zps1539a708.png

1) Rage within Charizard's moveset.
2) Charizard trying to use Rage without being angry.
3) Charizard getting angry (notice Charizard's name is now red here, this means that Charizard is angry and that Rage is ready to use).
4) Charizard using Rage.
Rage for Charizard is a little different for any other Pokémon, including Charizard's prevolutions -- Here's Rage for Charizard;
Name - Rage
PP - 0
Type - Fire
Power - 150
Accuracy - 100

MagnemiteEvolve1_zps19f60e1b.png
MagnemiteEvolve2_zps03dca502.png
MagnemiteEvolve3_zps8e441f05.png
MagnemiteEvolve4_zpsb886db80.png

1) 3 Magnemite in my team.
2) 3 Magnemite evolving.
3) Magneton Evolved.
4) Magneton in my team and 0 Magnemite.
wildegg1_zps2807fd32.png
wildegg2_zps35e0fd41.png
wildegg3_zps71828796.png

Wild Pokémon now come in Egg form.
1) Finding a wild Egg.
2) Obtaining the Egg.
3) Egg is in the party.
Eggs are extremely rare, they are also insanely weak to every type, one hit will instantly KO it. You will need to capture the egg within a PokéBall.
The Pokémon that hatches from the egg will use this ball as it's own. The egg has 0 attacks and doesn't even attempt to attack, the egg just
glistens.
insignia1_zps6aa47608.png
insignia2_zps7abf4d95.png

1) My Pokémon insignias match up so my Pokémon gained a power boost.
2) My opponents Pokémon insignias didn't match up so they suffered a power loss.
evdex1_zps3920b9d6.png
evdex2_zps78c71cd9.png

1) EV info. For Male protagonist.
2) EV info. For Female protagonist.
Will keep adding more over time.

The Videos.

Evolving During Battle
Free Flying

The Credits.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
holy crap I love the idea of evolving during a battle. What'd make that better is if in like a gym battle or critical moment against like a evil team's leader is if a pokemon evolves, leading to a triumphant battle theme, sorta like how the anime uses the classic Gym theme as a fight song when a pokemon evolves at a critical moment. Perhaps playing the song Gym Leader's Last Stand from Black/White would work perfectly in such a case, or a game remix of the anime soundtrack's gym theme even.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
Sounds great! I was only wondering what you meant by anime style battles. Are you just referring to the in battle evolution or is there some other feature?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Sounds great! I was only wondering what you meant by anime style battles. Are you just referring to the in battle evolution or is there some other feature?

Well the evolution thing would be the most obvious thing in a gym battle, especially if someone did a let's play on youtube or something and set up that expressly to tell the game's story.

But from what I have seen in some other pokemon essentials games (and a couple of rom hacks even) is that the enviornment itself plays a much bigger role in a battle than anything. In the game pokemon reborn for example the development team there went out of their way to make battlefield effects for every type that matched the kind of effect seen when one used Grassy Field or Fairy Field or Grass/Fire/Water Pledge together. In those cases some moves grew in power, changed type, or even completely change the field into another (such as setting a forest on fire or turning a functioning factory into a pile of scrap). I dunno if the maker intends to do that or something much different, but having similar field effects in place for certain areas would lend toward anime battle styles all things considered.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
holy crap I love the idea of evolving during a battle. What'd make that better is if in like a gym battle or critical moment against like a evil team's leader is if a pokemon evolves, leading to a triumphant battle theme, sorta like how the anime uses the classic Gym theme as a fight song when a pokemon evolves at a critical moment. Perhaps playing the song Gym Leader's Last Stand from Black/White would work perfectly in such a case, or a game remix of the anime soundtrack's gym theme even.

Since the games are restricted to level, item, area etc. Pokémon will only evolve by getting the required EXP to level up and do so, my coder has a plan to rework it so that Pokémon like Eevee and Kadabra can do the same thing. Although she'd probably prefer if special Pokémon were only able to do so outside of battle, but she's looking in to it as we speak.

I'm not quite sure what a musical change would do, but as music editing isn't something I'm good at, I doubt it will be a sooner update as opposed to a later one, but who knows.

I have played through a little and I had got down to 1 Pokémon with 37HP left when it evolved and the Pokémon it evolved in to was a dual type, plus gained more HP for evolving, plus the extra gain in stats upon leveling up and more for evolving, my Pokémon became faster than my opponent and I was able to hit first because before I never and the opponent was now using something not very effective against me and I won the battle due to it. So it is a battle changer in some cases.

Gym battles have a way that you can now block, ignore or dodge the next attack, obviously depending on what the attack is depends on what your Pokémon does. But the cost of doing this is 1 turn and a loss in a battle stat. For example, if Dynamic Punch was used and your Pokémon blocks the attack, your Pokémon would still feel the attack but could lose a battle stat in speed. So eventually, you couldn't keep blocking or whatever due to using it too many times. This will stop over uses, PP wasting and extortion lol.

Updates To The OP:
Heroes Added.
Screenshots Added.
Credits Added.

Years
This hack looks really nice and I'll be sure to follow its progress as time goes on. I really love the fact that depending on whether you choose a male or female, you get a different characteristic. Also I think it's cool how you limited what Pokemon can fight in a certain terrain sorta like a Sky Battle. However a problem I see is that the Charizard in the screenshots isn't on the ground , but is instead floating.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
This hack looks really nice and I'll be sure to follow its progress as time goes on. I really love the fact that depending on whether you choose a male or female, you get a different characteristic. Also I think it's cool how you limited what Pokemon can fight in a certain terrain sorta like a Sky Battle. However a problem I see is that the Charizard in the screenshots isn't on the ground , but is instead floating.

Yeah my coder just hasn't got round to fixing the battle bases lol, it will be fixed when she gets around to it, I assure you, I probably should've got them sorted before the screenshots but I wanted to give you guys more updates lol. Yeah I'm hoping that the player characteristics add more versatility to the game.

Also, about the limited Pokémon thing, I think that adds uniqueness to the game.

P.S This is not a hack, it's created using Pokémon Essentials.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh wow I love the way that magnemite evolves. I'm supised that since the advent of Mantyke and how it evolves into Mantine with a Remoraid that the multiple pokemon becoming one wasn't done in the official games.

Diglett presents a bit of a paradox though, because no one knows what it's body looks like and as such the idea of three separate diglet physically merging through evolution sounds weird. Magnemite and Beldum get away with that fine due to being pokemon with electromagnetism allowing them to fuse together to achieve their higher forms but Diglett into Dugtrio honestly doesn't sound like it would work the same way unless you make a sort of fakemon form showing Diglett and Dugtrio's body, thus treating Diglett like how Doduo evolves into Dodrio. I envision a take on the Monty Moles from the Super Mario series given this. This would ultimately make their scratching moves like Scratch, Slash, Night Slash and others a lot more believable.

Years
Yeah my coder just hasn't got round to fixing the battle bases lol, it will be fixed when she gets around to it, I assure you, I probably should've got them sorted before the screenshots but I wanted to give you guys more updates lol. Yeah I'm hoping that the player characteristics add more versatility to the game.

Also, about the limited Pokémon thing, I think that adds uniqueness to the game.

P.S This is not a hack, it's created using Pokémon Essentials.

Well I guess I can't complain about screenshots. :P And sorry about calling it a hack, I usually hang around the rom hack section.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Oh wow I love the way that magnemite evolves. I'm supised that since the advent of Mantyke and how it evolves into Mantine with a Remoraid that the multiple pokemon becoming one wasn't done in the official games.

Diglett presents a bit of a paradox though, because no one knows what it's body looks like and as such the idea of three separate diglet physically merging through evolution sounds weird. Magnemite and Beldum get away with that fine due to being pokemon with electromagnetism allowing them to fuse together to achieve their higher forms but Diglett into Dugtrio honestly doesn't sound like it would work the same way unless you make a sort of fakemon form showing Diglett and Dugtrio's body, thus treating Diglett like how Doduo evolves into Dodrio. I envision a take on the Monty Moles from the Super Mario series given this. This would ultimately make their scratching moves like Scratch, Slash, Night Slash and others a lot more believable.

Magnemite still evolves the conventional way by leveling up, but this adds somewhat of a change in Pokémon evolution... I'm considering a complete rethink on how they evolve, minute changes really, but change nonetheless.

I don't think I will go the same direction for Diglett since I may as well have got 3 Diglett to crash in to each other lol... I never understood how a Diglett would use Scratch though, but then again, we don't know what happens beneath the surface, for all we know Diglett could have a massive 6 foot body below and it's just conscious about it lol.

Well I guess I can't complain about screenshots. :P And sorry about calling it a hack, I usually hang around the rom hack section.

lol, no problem, I will see if my coder will sort the bases out soon, it's only because we recently updated to full back sprites that it has done that, but I'm looking for backgrounds that are proper backgrounds, like trees, rocks and clouds etc. so I can remove battle bases altogether.

Update to OP:
Added new feature.
Information about the walk-through added.

EDIT:
Update to OP:
Added screenshots.
Added new feature.
Battle bases have been fixed.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The matter of finding eggs in battle like that is somewhat questionable to me, if they're set to being a random chance thing like shinies are.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
The matter of finding eggs in battle like that is somewhat questionable to me, if they're set to being a random chance thing like shinies are.

They are very rare to find, but I think finding eggs in the field is better than using the day-care all the time and/or receiving them off an NPC... What this means is, you could potentially find every Pokémon in the game, without having to find every Pokémon in the game, if you find an egg in the wild, the egg can be a number of species, but it's quite dependent, the type/species of Pokémon inside the egg depends on the rareness of the egg.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So you got the thread up and running, congrats... It's looking good so far too... Sorry it took so long to fix the battle bases lol, it wasn't a big enough priority to me... I like how the story/plot doesn't give too much away, but get's to the point, but as I'm someone who has actually played the game, maybe I understand it more than others, I don't know.

I think that egg thing is a good idea still, it's a refreshing change that instead of encountering endless Pidgey or Poochyena, you come across something that really tempts your interests... I know I'd be excited to find a egg lol.

I'm pleased with how that Charizard attack turned out.

Keep up the updates and I'm sure the followers will come.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
It seems like a game with a lot of innovative features, and all of this seems really interesting and promising to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing more and to getting to play it, so keep up the good work!

I like the idea of finding eggs in the field - it makes sense, in my opinion, since Pokemon certainly have to breed in the wild, so finding eggs shouldn't be such a... unexpected thing? Rare, yeah, but definitely possible, if you considered how this would work in real life. Charizard's attack seems to be really good, too - Rage was always so annoying to use in the games...

I'm also interested in hearing more about these insignias, and the handicap battles; but really, the game seems absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward to it!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
They are very rare to find, but I think finding eggs in the field is better than using the day-care all the time and/or receiving them off an NPC... What this means is, you could potentially find every Pokémon in the game, without having to find every Pokémon in the game, if you find an egg in the wild, the egg can be a number of species, but it's quite dependent, the type/species of Pokémon inside the egg depends on the rareness of the egg.

Personally the best way to do that in my opinion is to make an egg basically work like a legendary pokemon and just interact with it, but make the egg really hard to get to in turn (as realistically ll animals will try to make it extremely hard to locate a nest) because if it's a random chance encounter then one might end up with a pokemon they don't want, or even a pokemon with poor IVs and nature for a specific pokemon.

For example if you found such an egg and got a Machop with Ice Punch and Bullet Punch in said egg, but instead of either an adamant, impish, or careful nature to reflect some of it's best stats but wound up with like a modest nature or a calm nature instead then you basically lose out on a really awesome pokemon because it'll be next to impossible to get that egg again.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
You may want to adjust the OP-ness of Charizard's rage, perhaps making it so it is more likely if not always likely to fail if used on a higher level'd pokemon than charizard, or make it do less damage - like how one-hit KO's fail when used on higher level pokemon.
Personally I would adjust the accuracy so it's less likely to hit to make it more balanced.

Overall, I like the unique ideas you're using in your game, like evolution in battle and finding eggs in the wild or needing 3 magnemite to evolve. I'll be keeping an eye on this game.

Also, I would appreciate credit for my sprites you're using
(the 3 heros, Dwayne - Nici - Melanie, as well as the OW's for Dwayne and Nici)

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
So you got the thread up and running, congrats... It's looking good so far too... Sorry it took so long to fix the battle bases lol, it wasn't a big enough priority to me... I like how the story/plot doesn't give too much away, but get's to the point, but as I'm someone who has actually played the game, maybe I understand it more than others, I don't know.

I think that egg thing is a good idea still, it's a refreshing change that instead of encountering endless Pidgey or Poochyena, you come across something that really tempts your interests... I know I'd be excited to find a egg lol.

I'm pleased with how that Charizard attack turned out.

Keep up the updates and I'm sure the followers will come.

Thanks for all your hard work putting things together for me.

It seems like a game with a lot of innovative features, and all of this seems really interesting and promising to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing more and to getting to play it, so keep up the good work!

I like the idea of finding eggs in the field - it makes sense, in my opinion, since Pokemon certainly have to breed in the wild, so finding eggs shouldn't be such a... unexpected thing? Rare, yeah, but definitely possible, if you considered how this would work in real life. Charizard's attack seems to be really good, too - Rage was always so annoying to use in the games...

I'm also interested in hearing more about these insignias, and the handicap battles; but really, the game seems absolutely fantastic and I'm looking forward to it!

Once it's been played through enough with minimal errors found, you will soon get to play through yourselves. I don't know whether to release a walk-through upon release or allow players to play for themselves for a bit. I agree with your egg finding opinion, this is the general thinking behind it. Many Pokémon have moves that do different things than what to move would do originally, Charizard was just a fine (and probably the best) example I could probably find/use.

I know what I'll do for you, I've just asked Nickalooose to provide a little information that I can post here so you can understand more about those insignias. I will edit that shortly. I will also add something about Handicap Battles and will attempt to get you some screenshots of it in action.

Personally the best way to do that in my opinion is to make an egg basically work like a legendary pokemon and just interact with it, but make the egg really hard to get to in turn (as realistically ll animals will try to make it extremely hard to locate a nest) because if it's a random chance encounter then one might end up with a pokemon they don't want, or even a pokemon with poor IVs and nature for a specific pokemon.

For example if you found such an egg and got a Machop with Ice Punch and Bullet Punch in said egg, but instead of either an adamant, impish, or careful nature to reflect some of it's best stats but wound up with like a modest nature or a calm nature instead then you basically lose out on a really awesome pokemon because it'll be next to impossible to get that egg again.

I understand the frustration in that, but it's exactly the same if you were to receive one from the Daycare, you never know what you will find inside... However, I can try and sort out, maybe, a way to fix the Pokémon to always have a perfect nature or maybe at least 90% of the time have a perfect nature in-case the example you provided does happen (or any other situation arises, a-like), but I don't think handing you perfect Pokémon is the way to go, since I've already introduced a feature that -- All Pokémon received will be perfect natured and perfect held item for that Pokémon -- Although, you are right, with the combinations a single egg could potentially hold, the likelihood of you finding the same Pokémon in one is not very high, but the rate is high enough, trust me. Pokémon like Caterpie are more common in eggs than say a Pidgeotto.

You may want to adjust the OP-ness of Charizard's rage, perhaps making it so it is more likely if not always likely to fail if used on a higher level'd pokemon than charizard, or make it do less damage - like how one-hit KO's fail when used on higher level pokemon.
Personally I would adjust the accuracy so it's less likely to hit to make it more balanced.

Overall, I like the unique ideas you're using in your game, like evolution in battle and finding eggs in the wild or needing 3 magnemite to evolve. I'll be keeping an eye on this game.

Also, I would appreciate credit for my sprites you're using
(the 3 heros, Dwayne - Nici - Melanie, as well as the OW's for Dwayne and Nici)

Sorry young sir, I didn't realize, I'm still updating the credits slowly through PM's and such, Nickalooose didn't provide me with a full list because the full list is on her laptop and she's currently out-of-town using another, but she happily agreed that you are in her credits, so I will update the OP, sorry for that. I'd also like to ask for your help in making the other sprites for these guys, fishing etc. If you don't mind. I also added a couple more names' to the list as well, if I have missed anyone else off the list, please don't hesitate to say anything.

The overall power of Charizard using Rage, I think worked well, because in the Anime, the move does a hell of a lot of damage to it's opponents (not quite as much as Seismic Toss did but hey), so I figure it needs to be strong, but as you agree on, the accuracy should be low, I did consider making it less accurate (maybe to around 60-70 mark), but the move itself cannot be used at will, you must wait for Charizard to feel the pain, once Charizard is at it's threshold, Rage will become available. You couldn't just walk in to a gym battle against 3 Pokémon, use Rage 3 times and the match is over, the battle will have to proceed like normal before you can Rage. And since I consider Rage to be a finishing blow, by the time you hit the time to use it, it should almost be invaluable anyway, but that's not always the case, right?! It helps.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Thanks for enlightening me on what you were doing specifically for eggs, I suppose however you go about it will be ok in the end given what you said, thanks for clarifying.

Speaking of EVs, will Hidden Power's attack power be dependant on the IVs? I ask this since some games have implimented the fixed base power seen as of X/Y and I think that'd be the best way to go for that move in the long run. It seems utterly pointless to use Hidden Power if t has a power less than 55 at least due to how a pokemon's stats measure up upon the initial encounter.

Aso talking about breeding, I noticed in the main games that specific breeding mechanics never seem to want to work properly for me. The everstone trick to pass natures onto babies to start has almost never worked for me, I often end up having to go through 30 eggs to get the nature I want regardless if I use an everstone or not. And when I try to influence the IVs with the specific items that are supposed to influence them they don't seem to do anything either. I know this can basically add up to just bad luck and all but when I use a combonation of everstone, destiny knot, power band/bracer/anklet/weight/belt/lense to pass on specific IVs as well but I keep getting like a brave snivy with HP poison with crap IVs on top of it. I have like multiple copies of this scenario with a number of different pokemon. And worse still the game acts like a pokemon only has one ability if its supposed to have a 50/50 chance of two abilities as my most notorious example I keep getting cursed by is Munchlax in which it always gives me one with Pickup rather than one with Thick Fat for a specific nature I seek. Every time I have tried to breed a careful munchlax with thick fat to help act more defensive, it always lead to one with pickup instead. I have no idea why this is, and for that it makes me grateful for ability capsules, but at the same time it'd be nice to not deal with such an annoyance as that. In these specific scenarios that plagues me to no end no matter what I do it seems to be more than just luck that keeps screwing me over and I would hope that whatever causes that is likewise fixed as well.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
No problem looneyman, I'll always give more information if needed.

As for Hidden Power, we haven't looked in to that yet, XY have taken things to a level we cannot achieve but we hope to take this game in to a new direction. I will see what my coder can do though.

As for the breeding problem, it's the exact mechanic that Maruno has done (if it was him that did it), so nothing has changed in that particular area, but to help out, I may make a currency in-game that you may be able to effect things like natures, IV's, abilities and so on... But future things I'm going to be looking more in to, is the NPC interaction, looking to add phone numbers, rematches and so forth. But Pokémon attacks are on my list of todo's, so Hidden Power may be fixed sooner than later.

Edit:
Update To OP:
Added Information about features.
Added Screenshots in the Information About Features section.

Update About A Feature:
Evolving during battle has been reworked to run smoother and much better.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
excellent I got nothing else to really mention regarding in-depth mechanics given this.

On the matter of hidden power, if you speak to the people that do the game pokemon reborn they might be able to give you info on what to do because that game I know for a fact fixes hidden power to match X/Y's mechanics, if you decide you want to implement such a change. Figured I'd mention it.

Back