• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Hawthorn Version

Do you like the current region map for the Oku region?

• Total voters

Jirachification

Head of Wish Maker Productions
Years
Wish Maker Productions Presents:
Pokémon Hawthorn Version

Story

The Heroes
Kyo, Sora, and Taro are three friends living in the town of Longleaf. On Christmas morning, each of them gets quite a surprise...a Pokémon! But there's more. That day, The local Pokémon professor, Professor Kauri, asks the children to come see him at his laboratory. Professor Kauri asks the three a favor. He gives each of them a device called a Pokédex and asks them to record data on any Pokémon they may encounter. The children agree to help. Now that the three have Pokémon, they can set off to fufill their goals: to be Pokémon masters!​

The ATA
The infamous criminal organization, the ATA, and their leader Andre have a dastardly plan. With the help of a powerful Psychic type Pokémon, they aim to take control the people of the world to help them with their quest: to light the Five Candles of Mana. Guarding these mysterious relics are five Pokémon, more powerful than any other Pokémon in the world. No one has seen these creatures. Many believe it is just a myth. Andre and the ATA believe they are real, and they will do anything to find the Pokémon they need to defeat the legendary Pokémon.

Screenshots

Title Screen

Pic_2.jpg

Region Map

Map-1.jpg

Longleaf Town

longleaftown.png

Current Cities (In no particular order)​

• Longleaf Town
  • Aquadilya City (Port City - Water Type Gym Leader)
  • Greentree Town (Grass Type Gym Leader)
  • Pankita Town
  • Turquoise Town
  • Narcylium City (Big City - Psychic Type Gym Leader)
Pokémon Hawthorn is only in the early planning stages at the moment however I would love to hear what you think.​

If you support Pokémon Hawthorn, add one of these to your signature!​

previewbjn.png

userbar761980.gif

Credits

Ideas

• pokekingkian
  • Orangecharizard
  • Misty4Life
  • Freak A
Maps

• Luka S.J. (Longleaf Town map)
Userbars

• pokekingkian (Animated userbar)
  • Luka S.J. (Trapinch userbar)
Tilesets

• Kyledove
Starter Kit

• Poccil

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
cool i like the idea of all the pokemon being stole but i dont like the starter pokemon thats only because i dont like those pokemon not that its a bad idea ;)

ill keep an eye out for this well good luck

~kian

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Longleaf Town looks very boring. It's easy to make good maps with RMXP, so you should be able to do it too. If you need any help you can contact me.

Jirachification

Years
cool i like the idea of all the pokemon being stole but i dont like the starter pokemon thats only because i dont like those pokemon not that its a bad idea ;)

ill keep an eye out for this well good luck

~kian

Yeah I'm not too sure about those starters either. Do you have any ideas for what I can use? I just don't want to use any of the normal starters.

Longleaf Town looks very boring. It's easy to make good maps with RMXP, so you should be able to do it too. If you need any help you can contact me.

Thanks for the input. I know it's boring looking. I'm not a great mapper either.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
well these are my favorate pokemon that would be cool bagon,lavitar,trapinch
and i cant think of one person who dosnt like at least one of these lol those starters would be cool. :)
and they all evolve 3 time :)

well good luck

thanks

~kian

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
Years
Some tips on the mapping:

Typically, in-game towns are surrounded by trees, not fences. Try experimenting with the different trees in Kyledove's tileset.
Each town should have a style; specifically, the roofs should be the same (for the common houses, not the extra landmarks).
Small towns like this one may not have roads; instead dirt paths would be used. If you're going for a more modern look, roads all the way.
Add flowers and patches of dirt/lighter grass. It helps to make the ground a little more natural.
You shouldn't be able to see the steps leading out from the gatehouse, because I'm assuming your next map isn't a giant grass plain (which is what it's leading to at the moment).

Anyway, good luck with mapping and your game in general.

Jirachification

Years
well these are my favorate pokemon that would be cool bagon,lavitar,trapinch
and i cant think of one person who dosnt like at least one of these lol those starters would be cool. :)
and they all evolve 3 time :)

well good luck

thanks

~kian

Thanks for the idea. I might use that. I've always thought the Salamence line seemed like a starter line.

Some tips on the mapping:

Typically, in-game towns are surrounded by trees, not fences. Try experimenting with the different trees in Kyledove's tileset.
Each town should have a style; specifically, the roofs should be the same (for the common houses, not the extra landmarks).
Small towns like this one may not have roads; instead dirt paths would be used. If you're going for a more modern look, roads all the way.
Add flowers and patches of dirt/lighter grass. It helps to make the ground a little more natural.
You shouldn't be able to see the steps leading out from the gatehouse, because I'm assuming your next map isn't a giant grass plain (which is what it's leading to at the moment).

Anyway, good luck with mapping and your game in general.

Thanks for your help. I'm gonna change it to more of a forest feel. And about the gatehouse, the gatehouse is 9 tiles deep I believe so the front of the building you could see was just excess that wouldn't be viewable in the actual game.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
cool id play this game if you had those starters :)

im not 2 good at helping but i can help with

beta testing, ideas/plot, maybe a support bar, and support :)

771248987324.png

this is my first fanbar its kinda bad but first try lol

Last edited:

Jirachification

Years
cool id play this game if you had those starters :)

im not 2 good at helping but i can help with

beta testing, ideas/plot, maybe a support bar, and support :)

You think you can make a support bar? That'd be a huge help if you could :) Thanks for all the input and ideas! I'll try to get a demo out as soon as possible and you can be a beta tester. ;)

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
thanks made a fanbar first try though any good lol and cool ill be a beta tester glad 2 help

771248987324.png

~kian

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
no prob i havnt put a link on it not sure how just put it in our sig and put link underneath. do you know the starters so i can put one on the fanbar thanks.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I went on and re-did Longleaf Town for you. If you like it I could make more (but you need to give me a rough layout).
longleaftown.png

Jirachification

Years
no prob i havnt put a link on it not sure how just put it in our sig and put link underneath. do you know the starters so i can put one on the fanbar thanks.

Yeah I'm not sure how to do it either, but its great! Thanks again.

I went on and re-did Longleaf Town for you. If you like it I could make more (but you need to give me a rough layout).
longleaftown.png

Wow. You are an amazing mapper. Thank you so much! I LOVE it. I haven't started making the other maps yet but when I do, I'll definitely come back for your help. ;) Thanks!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Also here is another userbar (one I just made). Hope you like it.
previewz.png

EDIT: I'll also make the Longleaf Town map a bit less squared. The square sticks out too much.

Back